Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 18th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Shaman of Morindan

Hmm, yes I meant arguing on your side, that is what I meant by with you but I see how it reads the other way. Anyway best of luck with this design. I would do a ton of playtesting before even considering SoV. Playtests never lie.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:58 PM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Hmm, yes I meant arguing on your side, that is what I meant by with you but I see how it reads the other way. Anyway best of luck with this design. I would do a ton of playtesting before even considering SoV. Playtests never lie.
Playtesting this tomorrow with friends, plus Dund and Pelloth for CUC. We are gonna have a fun scapeday tomorrow.
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Unit Name : Zaravi

General: [none]
Species: Incorporeal Demon
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Possesser
Personality: Controlling
Size: None 0

Stats
Life: 0
Move: 0
Range: 0
Attack: 0
Defense: 0

SPECIAL POWERS

Demonic Possesion
At the start of the game, place Zaravi on one of your Hero figures. Zaravi is considered to have the stats of that figure when he is Possesing it. If you end your turn adjacent to another Hero figure, Zaravi may transfer into that figure instead.

Demonic Control
At the start of Zaravi's turn, roll the d20. If you roll a 1, Zaravi is destroyed and the figure he is Possesing is freed. If you roll a 2-9, the player who controls the figure Possesed by Zaravi may take a turn with that figure. If you roll a 10 or higher, Zaravi may take a turn with the figure he Posseses.
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:34 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKOVANI View Post
ZOMBIE INCANTATIONS
If Shaman of Morindan destroys an opponent’s small or medium figure, you may replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Zombies of Morindan. If Shaman of Morindan destroys an opponent’s large or huge figure, you may replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Zombie Hulks.
I noticed you found "incantations" in the ZoM's Bio for the power; nice touch.

Quote:
HORDE COMMANDS
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with any three Zombies of Morindan figures or a Zombie Hulk. After taking a turn with Horde Commands, control of all figures returns to the previous player.
I see two possible conflicts with this ability and the ZoM's powers that I do not think have been mentioned yet.

First, can the Zombies of Morindan use Horde Movement when they are activated through Horde Command? Neither power has Order Marker requirements. Also, on Omegacron's card, a turn is taken for each Soulborg Squad figure who follows Jandar moved (i.e. three omnicron snipers require three turns through Omegacron's power). I believe this would allow Horde Movement to be used three times by one order marker on the Shaman.

Second, if your Shaman takes a turn with your opponent's Zombies and makes a kill, is the new zombie yours or your opponent's? I think it would be yours, but this might need clarification.

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great points Ace of Spades!
HORDE COMMANDS
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with a Zombie Hulk or any three Zombies of Morindan figures who may not use Horde Movement . After taking a turn with Horde Commands, control of all figures returns to the previous player.

I think that takes care of your first concern but the second one escapes me and may require some clever wording. My issue here is that you could gain control of a figure that you do not have a card for.

Again great points, any thoughts on FRESH CORPSES?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:19 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Great points Ace of Spades!
HORDE COMMANDS
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with a Zombie Hulk or any three Zombies of Morindan figures who may not use Horde Movement . After taking a turn with Horde Commands, control of all figures returns to the previous player.

I think that takes care of your first concern but the second one escape me and may require some clever wording. My issue here is that you could gain control of a figure that you do not have a card for.

Again great points, any thoughts on FRESH CORPSES?
I hadn't even thought about if you didn't control ANY Zombies of Morindan. I think the best solution would be to only allow control of your own Zombies.

When I saw Fresh Corpses, I thought it was a really clever and neat idea. Now, I'm convinced the mechanic needs thrown out, but the concept should stay. Starting hexes cannot be preserved, because Zombies not starting on the map still count. And personally, I don't know why I would pre-destroy my Zombies.

I do like the concept and name. Perhaps Fresh Corpses could be like Summon the Elemental and do away with Zombie Incantations? I don't like that idea, but perhaps it will inspire more thoughts.

~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old May 21st, 2012, 08:06 PM

All of these thoughts and comments will be looked at.... after math homework! Oh no! But for real, I just skimmed this and will check it out in greater detail in an hour or so.
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:18 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
HORDE COMMANDS
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with any three Zombies of Morindan figures or a Zombie Hulk. After taking a turn with Horde Commands, control of all figures returns to the previous player.
For the above stated reasons, I would recommend the following:

HORDE COMMANDS
After revealing an order marker on Shaman of Morindan, and before taking a turn with him, you may first take a turn with one Uncommon Zombie Hero or one Zombie squad.

This wording has a few advantages:
1. Eliminates a multiple bonding case
2. Specifies exactly how to take the turn (rather than three zombie figures, get one squad, so horde movement and 3 attacks, like you expect from zombies)
3. Allows the potential addition of other zombie forces, including a unique squad or other uncommon hero.

You could probably change it to be "one Zombie Hero or one Zombie squad", allowing him to bond with unique zombie heroes, should some be developed..... though I can't think of any that make sense. A unique or uncommon squad of "zombie dogs" could be a pretty nifty addition, though, and this lets you get them in there too.

Then again, that might be too much of a change from your intended power.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old May 21st, 2012, 10:58 PM

A couple suggested changes to fit the switch to a glyph and simplify control.

HORDE COMMAND
After revealing an order marker on this card, and before taking a turn, you may first take a turn with one Uncommon Zombie Hero or one Zombie squad you control.

OR

HORDE COMMAND
After revealing an order marker on this card, and before taking a turn, you may first move and attack with one Uncommon Zombie Hero or one Zombie squad you control.

I think the second one makes it more clear that the ZoM's Horde Movement is not used. Which do you guys think?

~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:04 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
Second, if your Shaman takes a turn with your opponent's Zombies and makes a kill, is the new zombie yours or your opponent's? I think it would be yours, but this might need clarification.
Quote:
Zombies Rise Again
If a Zombie of Moridan that you control destroys an opponent’s small or medium figure, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Zombie of Moridan. Newly placed Zombies of Morindan cannot attack this turn. Undead are not affected by Zombies Rise Again.
I'd say that since you are controlling the Zombie, you get the new Zombie, but it must be one of your previously destroyed Zombies that replaces it. Which raises another question-who "gets" Zombies destroyed on a turn taken under the control of the Shaman (Counterstrike, Molten Lava, falling damage, etc.)?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 25th, 2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
Quote:
Zombies Rise Again
If a Zombie of Moridan that you control destroys an opponent’s small or medium figure, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Zombie of Moridan. Newly placed Zombies of Morindan cannot attack this turn. Undead are not affected by Zombies Rise Again.
I'd say that since you are controlling the Zombie, you get the new Zombie, but it must be one of your previously destroyed Zombies that replaces it. Which raises another question-who "gets" Zombies destroyed on a turn taken under the control of the Shaman (Counterstrike, Molten Lava, falling damage, etc.)?
Probably whoever initially controlled the zombie that was destroyed, at least that is what I would think. This afternoon I should be able to go through all of that ^^^ stuff and update his card again.
Old May 26th, 2012, 12:55 PM

Alright, so I had time to sit down and read all of these through to edit the Shaman's card now.

Quote:
Unit Name : Zakovani, the Shaman of Morindan

General: Utgar
Species: Elf
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Lord
Personality: Tormented
Size: MEDIUM 4

Stats
Life: 5
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

SPECIAL POWERS

ZOMBIE INCANTATIONS
If Shaman of Morindan destroys an opponent’s small or medium figure, you may replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Zombies of Morindan. If Shaman of Morindan destroys an opponent’s large or huge figure, you may replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Zombie Hulks.

FRESH CORPSES
If you have a Zombie of Morindan card in your army, you may place any number of Zombie of Morindan figures on this card at the start of the game. These figures are considered to be "previously destroyed".

STAFF OF MORINDAN
The STAFF OF MORINDAN treasure glyph starts on Zakovani's card at the beginning of a game. If he is destroyed, place the STAFF OF MORINDAN glyph on the space where he was destroyed. Any other treasure glyphs carried by Zakovani are destroyed along with him.
Quote:
STAFF OF MORINDAN
The figure that controls this glyph may use it's special power once per turn.

HORDE COMMANDS
After revealing an order marker on this card, and before taking a turn, you may first move and attack with one Uncommon Zombie Hero or one Zombie squad you control.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards