Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 21st, 2014, 02:52 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker
Re: Colorado 2014 NHSD

Changed it to the 1st. I'm checking with Jeff at Enchanted Grounds to see if it's open.
Old October 21st, 2014, 04:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

What "Pick Your Poison" means is that you choose the army that your opponent will play, from two or more options.

The classic version of this is that each person brings two armies, and their opponent picks one of them each game. So, for example, I bring stingers and knights as my two armies. Before each game, my opponent decides whether they would rather me play stingers, or me play knights. Meanwhile, I pick one of their two armies for them to play with.

Personally, I don't like that version, because all the usual broken stuff is still the best stuff to play.

If we want to run PyP, I prefer making it pooled, bring 2 style. So I pick one of the four armies (my two, or my opponent's two) for my opponent to play, and my opponent picks one of the remaining three for me to play. This kills the incentive to bring stupid good armies.

Another format that we're playing online is the "first crack" variant:
  • Before each game, there will be a dice-off. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice.
  • If the dice-off winner chooses to pick second, then the player with the first army choice can choose any of the four armies. If the dice-off winner chooses first army choice, they must pick one of their opponent's armies (not one of their own).
  • After the first pick is made, the other player may then choose from any of the other three armies. Note: If you win the dice-off and want to pick your own army, you must defer first pick to your opponent.

What I like about this version is that you can play your own armies all day if you want to, but your opponent gets first choice between your two armies every game.

Anyway, I can go any which way on this, but I prefer to not do the classic Pick Your Poison style where you only play with the armies you brought.
Old October 21st, 2014, 05:04 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

That's an interesting style. I like the fact that you don't necessarily get scammed out of the armies that you brought. I would like to try that.
Old October 21st, 2014, 10:08 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

I like that version. It's worked on online tournaments so no reason it shouldn't work here
Old October 22nd, 2014, 01:53 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Yeah. I think the PYP "First Crack" variant sounds pretty cool. Let's do it.

So, we are bringing two 450 pt. armies, right? How about Marvel? How about C3V?

How about maps? (BTW, I can bring something.)

I'm looking forward to this. It's been way too long.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.

Last edited by kpucblek; October 22nd, 2014 at 02:24 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 01:56 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Is EG ok with us coming the 1st?

Also, if so, has anyone pm'ed others to let them know we have changed to the 1st?

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 02:58 AM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

I say allow it all. I don't often use marvel but don't mind it.
I think he already moved it to the first for EG cuz he said it was open.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 01:41 PM
Not a n00b

I checked with Jeff and we have a spot at enchanted grounds on the 1st. Also I'll re message all the guys I told about this Saturday
Old October 22nd, 2014, 01:43 PM
Not a n00b

I personally don't like marvel, but I'm fine allowing it. C3V for sure. I have it posted no marvel, but if enough people want it then I'll change it
Old October 23rd, 2014, 12:52 AM

I'm not really a fan of mixing Marvel with Classic. On the other hand, Daniel really loves Marvel. I'm not sure what he is planning on bringing, but I suspect that Marvel is in the plans.

Also, another heads up... Daniel's High School soccer team is in the state playoffs. We found out today that if they make it to the third round, they'll have to play on Saturday the 1st. (Which will obviously mess with our HS plans.)

1st playoff game is Thursday night. So, they may be eliminated right away. We'll let you know.

Old October 23rd, 2014, 12:21 PM
Not a n00b

Well. I hope all goes well for him. Not gonna lie, it'd be cool if y'all were here for the whole day but it'd be great for Daniel to go far in state

What time frame are we looking at? We could try and go later to compensate for people who are busier in the morning
Old October 24th, 2014, 02:26 AM

They won Thursday night. Now they have to play Smokey Hill on Wed night (very tough team). If they win that, then they'll play on Sat. They still haven't announced the game time, so Im hoping its a night game. (If they even get that far.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day