Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 19th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Tul-Bak-Ra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
What are you going to say in the face of such an argument?
That's a tough one to argue against. I'd have to say it's due to the specific trigger point of Teleport Reinforcements: "When Tul-Bak-Ra receives one or more wounds ..." When a special attack hits multiple targets, it can kill some figures before others roll defense dice (e.g. the Raelin case). Thus wounds are distributed during the attack, not after all figures roll defense. Since Teleport Reinforcements is triggered off the receiving of wounds, it stands to reason that would happen when the wounds are received, before the rest of the figures roll defense dice.
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OK, I'm satisfied. To phrase the argument in language a rules lawyer could not dispute:

a) With an area attack, wounds are distributed when defense dice are rolled. This is a standard rule and means (for example) that if Raelin is killed before someone else rolls their defense they don't get the bonus.

b) Tul-Bak-Ra's power is triggered when wounds are received.

Of course, I would then point out to them, often in an area attack you have a choice of who rolls defense first. This doesn't hold with Mimring's fire line, but (I believe) it holds more generally. So just make sure that Tul-Bak-Ra rolls defense dice last (Raelin first kiddies!), and then you don't have to worry about it.
Old February 20th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

and

c)Attacker determines who rolls defense dice first in area attacks.

So yes, they should make sure Raelin rolls first and Tul Bak Ra rolls last...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Sujoah against Tul-Bak-Ra:

After each wound inflicted place one Marro figure then roll for poison damage. Continue one at a time placing a marro figure for each wound inflicted by Sujoah's poison unless that wound or a roll of 20 destroys Tul-Bak-Ra.
I think this should be in the OP.
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Sujoah against Tul-Bak-Ra:

After each wound inflicted place one Marro figure then roll for poison damage. Continue one at a time placing a marro figure for each wound inflicted by Sujoah's poison unless that wound or a roll of 20 destroys Tul-Bak-Ra.
I think this should be in the OP.
Will be added.
Old October 15th, 2013, 02:07 AM

MoonMoon2991 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I would say yes case all it says if the figure is defending he gets the extra defense
Old October 15th, 2013, 02:14 AM

MoonMoon2991 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

He works well with stingers just don't throw him out first turn throw him out there second turn to see where you want him to spawn your guys in at.
Old February 19th, 2015, 03:22 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

If TBR is attacked by Sujoah's Poison Sting Special attack, does he get to place reinforcements after the initial wounds, and then again after each successive poison wound (that does not kill him)?

This R&C (from Sujoah's book) seems to imply he does:
Quote:
Originally Posted by book of Sujoah View Post
- POISON STING SPECIAL ATTACK : Ignore wound(s) just received OR all wounds?
Q:
If a power that "ignores wounds just received" (like Acolarh’s Leaf of the Home Tree Aura) triggers on the poison roll, does it allow the defending figure to ignore ALL wounds from the attack?
A: No. Only the wound(s) that were just inflicted when the power was triggered. (Hasbro FAQ)
This seems fairly straightforward, but I'm trying to reconcile this with the ruling we just got from the Frost Giant's thread, which is that Cover Fire versus Dying Swipe is a dice-off to decide which goes first. Intuitively that makes sense, but I have a hard time justifying why TBR wouldn't need to dice-off with Sujoah to decide whether he gets to Teleport before the sting d20 roll.
Old February 19th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd assume that since the extra wounds are "Poison Damage" and not part of the "Normal or Special Attack" Requirement of Teleport Reinforcements, that TBR could summon friends upon taking the initial damage and that'd be it. But that's just me... I'm not an expert on these things...

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 19th, 2015, 05:35 PM

I'm pretty sure Poison Damage in Poison Sting Special Attack is still considered part of Poison Sting Special Attack.
Old February 19th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I'm pretty sure Poison Damage in Poison Sting Special Attack is still considered part of Poison Sting Special Attack.
I think this FAQ ruling makes that clear; the part about One Shield Defense blocking Poison Sting wounds especially.

Quote:
POISON STING SPECIAL ATTACK : Keep rolling vs. "ignore wound(s)" powers?
If any figure has a special power that allows it to ignore the wound(s) inflicted by Sujoah’s Poison Sting Special Attack, can Sujoah keep rolling the D20 for Poison Sting Special Attack?
No. Even though it doesn't explicitly state it, the reason he continues to roll for poison damage is because the wound is still being inflicted. If the wound were ignored, you would stop rolling for Poison Sting Special Attack.
Special Case: For a power like Crixus & Migol's One Shield Defense, if you inflicted at least 1 wound on the initial attack roll, even though that's the MOST you could hit them with, inflicting the wound, will still trigger the poison roll. If you roll a 10-19, you can't inflict the wound, so you can't re-roll, but if you roll a 20, the defending figure would STILL be destroyed! (Hasbro FAQ)
Old February 19th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I'm inclined to believe that because the wounds are based off a d20 roll instead of attack dice and don't activate until after the targeted figure has rolled defense dice they're not technically special attack wounds, they're just wounds that trigger off a special attack. The same way I'd say that a Deepwyrm Drow's Poison Weapons aren't part of their normal attack, even though they're activation is tied to their normal attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah
Poison Sting Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 4.
If Sujoah inflicts at least 1 wound with Poison Sting Special Attack, roll the 20-sided die for poison damage. If you roll 1–9, the defending figure receives no additional wound for Poison Damage. If you roll 11–19, add 1 additional Wound Marker to the defending figure’s Army Card, and roll again for Poison Damage. If you roll the 20, destroy the defending figure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwyrm Drow
Poison Weapons
Each time a Deepwyrm Drow attacks a small, medium, or large Hero with a normal attack or leaving engagement attack and inflicts as least 1 wound, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1–11, nothing happens. If you roll 12 or higher, add 1 additional wound to the defending figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tul-Bak-Ra
Teleport Reinforcements
When Tul-Bak-Ra receives one of more wounds from an opposing figure’s normal or special attack but is not destroyed, you may choose one friendly Marro Squad figure for every wound Tul-Bak-Ra just received. Place the chosen figure(s) on any empty space(s) adjacent to Tul-Bak-Ra. If the teleported figure(s) are engaged, they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units