Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 1st, 2023, 08:11 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Quick Votes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Jezabella - I am in agreement with Scytale regarding both powers. The only other thing that eats at the back of my brain is the name Jezabella sounds like it's trying to invoke the name Jezebel which is a name with very loaded connotations. I would recommend against this. I would be hesitant to upvote that name at a final vote even if I liked everything else about the unit.
Considering there's a feminist news site that goes by that name, I think it's fair to say that women have retaken ownership of "Jezebel," much like the LGBTQ community embraced the word "queer," which used to be a slur.
Old August 1st, 2023, 08:17 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Necro-Mage Elbda Submission: While I would prefer the "Empty" to be there, I'm not at all worried enough about the power level of the Thralls for it to be a sticking point at this stage of the review. I like everything else.

to review.

----------

Jezzabella Submission: Scytale is right about the powers. Dysole is right about the name.

to review.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Sherman. Regardless of the word's reclamation, it still has baggage. I'd rather stay away from it.

----------

Also, to throw my two-cents into the discussion on mini availability and submissions; I would have anyone looking to submit to the SoV look HERE and HERE when writing the submission post. They are really good examples and provide us a ton of information up front.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old August 1st, 2023, 08:34 PM

ogblaha is surprisingly tart

I didn't know that there was anything wrong with the name I thought the figure looked like princess Jazmine so I came up with a J name that was close.
Old August 1st, 2023, 09:36 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Shrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Jezabella - I am in agreement with Scytale regarding both powers. The only other thing that eats at the back of my brain is the name Jezabella sounds like it's trying to invoke the name Jezebel which is a name with very loaded connotations. I would recommend against this. I would be hesitant to upvote that name at a final vote even if I liked everything else about the unit.
Considering there's a feminist news site that goes by that name, I think it's fair to say that women have retaken ownership of "Jezebel," much like the LGBTQ community embraced the word "queer," which used to be a slur.
It still has connotations with a racist stereotype and the original usage is an immoral queen from the Bible. Neither of those I think are what og-blaha wants to be evoking. I've not really heard the term used in circles in the same way queer is so I'm hesitant to say it's been reclaimed despite the magazine's existence. I think there's better ways to evoke Jazmine from what og-blaha wants.

~Dysole, who wants to clarify that she doesn't think og-blaha was trying to do something bad here
Old August 1st, 2023, 10:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don’t accept that a community’s willingness to use a freighted word in some clever or knowing way makes it fair game for everybody.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 2nd, 2023, 09:39 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Kafnirra has received 4 Yea votes to review (Scytale, Vydar_XLIII, wriggz, and Dysole) and moves forward in the process.

Necro-Mage Elbda has received 5 Yea votes to review (wriggz, Scytale, superfrog, Dysole, and Vydar_XLIII) and moves forward in the process.
Old August 2nd, 2023, 10:03 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Shrug

Quote:
I've not really heard the term used in circles in the same way queer is so I'm hesitant to say it's been reclaimed despite the magazine's existence.
You need to hang out with hipper women.
Old August 3rd, 2023, 09:42 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Necromage - I like giving the thralls more help and this figure seems like an interesting way to do that. I don't care too much about empty space vs space, although I am curious. This wouldn't allow you to place a figure on top of an enemy figure right? Either way intent is clear and specific wording can be worked out later.
Interesting question, we all know figures can't occupy the same space, but if wording is needed to make that clear per the rules, then by all means there's plenty of space on the card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Necro-Mage Elbda has received 5 Yea votes to review (wriggz, Scytale, superfrog, Dysole, and Vydar_XLIII) and moves forward in the process.
Hope you all have fun with him!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 24th, 2023, 06:41 PM

I would like to resubmit Nordlung for SoV consideration.

Card text:
Spoiler Alert!

Revisions from the first submission:
Since the reason for Nordlung's initial failure was the objection to order marker removal and turn-skipping as an unfun mechanic for his Soulborg opponents, I decided that instead of having the gun special attack be a riff on the Omnicron Repulsors' EMP power, it would be a riff on their Circuitry Overload power. In other words, replacing OM removal with d20-wounding. The gun's range has also been reduced from 8 to 7 spaces.

Some of the prior feedback also had to do with the power names, which are now changed. "Shockgun" is intended to convey the electrical shock nature of the gun, as well as be a play on its similarity to a shotgun-style special attack. The new breath attack name, "Hoarfrost Breath," is intended to give Nordlung more of that Norse/Middle Ages feel.

Known Synergies:
Greenscale Warriors (Lizard King Bonding)

Balance/Playability:
Nordlung plays as something of a mix between a lesser Nilfheim (fewer targets and fewer dice for his version of Ice Shards SA) and lesser Zelrig (same range and area of effect, but only against soulborgs). Neither fish nor fowl, but with the flexibility that comes with a more jack-of-all-trades approach.

Theme:
For crying out loud, it's a dragon with a laser gun. I think the mini hearkens back to classic Heroscape genre mixing, much like Sgt. Drake's katana and grapple arm or Valguard's lizard arm. This mini screamed "HEROSCAPE!" at me as soon as I saw it.

The figure used is the Dragonkin from Starfinder Battles: Planets of Peril. It's surprisingly cheap and this is some of what I currently see online:

GwenCoco.com - 59
Miniature Market - 12
Over the Brick - 3
Meeplemart - In stock
Noble Knight Games - In stock
Paizo - In stock

Old August 24th, 2023, 07:26 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Love the figure. Question on Shockgun: if the defending figure is a non-Jandar Soulborg, it doesn't have to roll for damage? Intentional? Oversight?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 24th, 2023, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Love the figure. Question on Shockgun: if the defending figure is a non-Jandar Soulborg, it doesn't have to roll for damage? Intentional? Oversight?
Assuming I'm understanding your question - yes, the d20 roll only applies to the adjacent figures, not the target figure.
Old August 24th, 2023, 08:37 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What's the theme for only affecting soulborgs that follow jandar? Repulsors don't differentiate. If it is meant to be an electrical charge or EMP type of thing wouldn't it hit metal things equally? Not just hitting zettians, warden, and gladiatrons lol.

Hoarfrost is an interesting term to use, just looked at it. Neat way to make a weaker ice breath.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs