Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/15/11

Geoboy, his father (though its a big maybe, more likely a no), and maybe his friend, and myself could come to one in Warren. Otherwise, it'll like just be me and Geoboy playing (well maybe his dad as well but again... ) if its Columbus.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:36 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I sent a PM to all the Columbus guys - maybe they can help us out or point us in the right direction

If we end up doin warren, I can let Greg know and reserve the day for Nirek to run it.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:00 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Uh oh! Looks like Runa's gonna make an appearance at this one! Raelin shall be victorious!!!

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:05 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Let's get ready for October then.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:39 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Let's get ready for October then.
Ditto!
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:19 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Awesome! I'm glad to see this coming together. Let me try to consolidate what we've determined so far so that we're all prepared to move forward.

Columbus is the preferred location. Last year it was held at the Columbus Area Boardgaming Society space. Their website can be found here. At this link, you'll find email addresses for the officers of CABS. There's also a phone number for one guy, who I assume we would go through for booking. Is anyone local able to volunteer to get in contact with these guys and get the ball rolling?

The official date of NHSD is October 20th, 2012. CABS does not having a meeting that day according to their online schedule! Which means the space should be available. I know that some groups meet early for whatever reason, but the second Saturday in October is booked at CABS, so the 20th would probably be our best bet to get that space. They do meet the 19th, so we could probably not get in for set up until the morning of the 20th.

A number of people have volunteered to bring maps, notably Johnnylama, Wookie (through Jonnylama), and Fedex Worker who have each said they could bring 8+ maps. Others have volunteered, but can bring only a limited number of maps, and if the above 3 brought a bunch, we would likely not need any more. Would all of you three be available to arrive early in the morning at CABS in order to set up those maps? Is anyone else local available to come help them set up maps?

When it comes to running the scoring, if I understood Johnnylama's post here correctly, he is willing to do scoring, so long as we can get the scoresheet from Mattser. Does anyone have Mattser's contact info besides just being able to PM him? Or is he still active enough to respond to PM? Note that I may have misunderstood that post and Jonnylama may have only been saying that he'd figure out the score sheet so someone else could run it. If I am, I'm sorry Johnnylama and I certainly don't mean to volunteer you for something you didn't intend to volunteer for.

Those things have all been determined, which leaves us with a few more things to determine. Format, allowable units, points, hexes, prizes, and map list. Obviously most of those things will be determined by the tournament leader. But we don't really have one. If Johnnylama doesn't want to figure those things out, I'll gladly do it. If he wants to do it, that's great too! But I'd love to hear, either way, people's thoughts on those things.

Personally I think Johnnylama's format in the post linked above sounds really fun. I'd love to play that or maybe a pooled draft. For units, I'd like to see C3V/SoV allowed, and no Marvel allowed. I think if we're going to try to keep the game alive with tournaments, then we need to align ourselves with the group that's keeping it alive with figures!

Well, I think that's all we know. There are definitely some ways to pitch in at this point, so do as much as you'd like! But ultimately I'm just glad to see that we'll have an event, whatever it takes.
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:09 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Agreed Nirek. Well put together.
In about a week, we should have most of it figured out.
I can bring over 10 maps if needed. I only have 1 Tundra though.
The format should be appealing to most. How about...

- 'Jotun Rule' Marvel. No Marvel over 220 points. Maybe unbalanced but still part of Heroscape.
- 510 point draft
-Standard 510, no Marvel or C3V.
- C3V/SOV allowed. 510

OR --
  • Bring two 510 armies, which cannot share any figures. C3V/SOV allowed.
  • Before each game, dice off with your opponent. The winner chooses first army choice or second army choice.
  • First army choice may choose any of the four armies (yours or your opponent's). Second choice may choose any of the other three.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.

Last edited by WOOKIE; September 4th, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:30 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I can probably bring score sheets which we could use instead of a spreadsheet, or just make a spreadsheet we can use if needed.

Wookie - did that mean you're running this?

By the way - I like the "bring 2 armies" format. I also like the Rolling Rumble, but I'd prefer 550 points...

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:45 PM

buckeyefan837 is surprisingly tart

I like either the 510 with C3V and SoV or the "bring two 510 armies and dice off" option.
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:48 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
[/B]When it comes to running the scoring, if I understood Johnnylama's post here correctly, he is willing to do scoring, so long as we can get the scoresheet from Mattser. Does anyone have Mattser's contact info besides just being able to PM him? Or is he still active enough to respond to PM? Note that I may have misunderstood that post and Jonnylama may have only been saying that he'd figure out the score sheet so someone else could run it. If I am, I'm sorry Johnnylama and I certainly don't mean to volunteer you for something you didn't intend to volunteer for.
I was offering to run a spreadsheet and keep track of everything if no on else was willing-- no one seems to be coming forward (cough...cough...anyone? Bueller? Bueller? ), so I'm willing. If anyone else feels the urge to do it my feelings will not be hurt in the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I can probably bring score sheets which we could use instead of a spreadsheet, or just make a spreadsheet we can use if needed.
I always use paper scoresheets, and if I'm keeping track of rankings I'd be more comfortable using them. My only concern is if too many people come it might get too complicated with paper. I'd hate to use a spreadsheet and screw it all up. Let's say if no one else steps up to do scoring, I'll do it with the paper sheets I usually use. If this ends up being huge, I'll ask for someone to whip up a hard to screw up spreadsheet.

With that in mind, I think paper sheets might make a Rolling Rumble more appealing to me-- less downtime between matches, and a smaller pool of sheets to keep track of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Wookie - did that mean you're running this?
Wookie has suggested that he and I offer to run this IF...

1) We get some kind of word from the Columbus Crew that they are NOT interested/ already planning on doing something.
-- Come on, SOMEONE has to have a cell, email, or someway to get ahold of someone up there. If not Mattster, someone else who can ask him. We just need to know if they're already working on something or not.

2) We can line up the venue. We can't exactly put something together without a place to do it. I think Wookie is looking into it. Being out of town might complicate things. If someone in Columbus simply wants to line up a place, we could probably do the rest.

I think once these two items are resolved, we can move forward with something "official."

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:56 PM

Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker

I too, can lend a hand or two if the Wookie and Johnny need me do so. Long live Heroscape!
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:14 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

From my experience, if you are running a large event, like a NHSD tournament, you can't play. There just isn't enough time. So, whoever volunteers, keep that in mind.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day