Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 14th, 2011, 12:05 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Origins 2011 - Columbus, OH

I still don't have a badge yet, but I should be there on Saturday for sure and playing in the "main event". It's possible that I'll make it down on Friday, too and play in HoB and the Summoner Wars standard tourney.

Either way, see you guys next Saturday.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:54 PM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_j_p View Post

A little over a week away, I'm excited. Hopefully Matt gets the maps posted soon.

To people new to origins, I suggest getting the board game room ribbon as soon as you can, those things sell out quick. Its basically just a free play area where you can borrow games from their library of hundreds of games. As an aside, in the past, Rio Grade games has fed people in the board game area (you need the ribbon to get in there) for free, and has given everyone 1-2 free games. There's also usually a raffle for more free games on top of that.
Yeah. I'm excited too. I have a board game room pass. I hope there will be food there. If I'm there early I might be able to help set up. I will most like come to Heat of Battle, General wars, and Championship

Old June 17th, 2011, 12:36 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I freaking hate the way Origins runs their website and registration.

Now that they have closed down the pre reg stuff, I can not even view my purchases. I have no confirmation number or confirmation material, just a charge on my credit card.

I guess I just bring the credit card I used and a picture ID. I hope I don't have any problems.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 17th, 2011, 05:54 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Things are looking better for me actually making it on Friday, too. Any word on the rules for the Summoner Wars tournament, guys? Is it really that you have to bring a deck with no modifications whatsoever? That greatly influences which faction I would play.........

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 20th, 2011, 01:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Things are looking better for me actually making it on Friday, too. Any word on the rules for the Summoner Wars tournament, guys? Is it really that you have to bring a deck with no modifications whatsoever? That greatly influences which faction I would play.........
The rules will be the standard rules, that you can only bring one faction to the tournament, but you may modify the commons and heroes as long as they are faction specific. For instance you may replace existing commons with cards from the reinforcement decks or if you extra sets of a faction. The number of commons and heroes just has to match up. You may also replace any existing heroes with mercenaries if you would like.

Just let me know if this makes sense and if I can answer any more questions.

Grenade lobbyist
Old June 20th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Champion of Champions

ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted, but here are the maps we will plan on using(More specific information such as Map Designer and visual map will be posted later - today most likely).

Overgrown
Atlaga's Grove
Vorago
A Heated Engagement
Arctic Divide
Jagged Cosway
Black Gold
Freezer Burn
Sidewinder
Hot Heights
Invasion
Elswin Plateau
Burial Marsh
Flash Fire
Fulcrum
Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:49 PM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I freaking hate the way Origins runs their website and registration.

Now that they have closed down the pre reg stuff, I can not even view my purchases. I have no confirmation number or confirmation material, just a charge on my credit card.

I guess I just bring the credit card I used and a picture ID. I hope I don't have any problems.

I've had a few minor things get messed up through their terrible system before, but they've always been accomodating in fixing the problem. There are much fewer people at origins, so it's not quite the hassle it would be at gencon to get things corrected.
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:11 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I forgot to ask - is championship main event "Reverse the Whip" for the last two rounds? That completely changes what army people bring.
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattserTruckRally View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
The rules will be the standard rules, that you can only bring one faction to the tournament, but you may modify the commons and heroes as long as they are faction specific. For instance you may replace existing commons with cards from the reinforcement decks or if you extra sets of a faction. The number of commons and heroes just has to match up. You may also replace any existing heroes with mercenaries if you would like.

Just let me know if this makes sense and if I can answer any more questions.
Cool, that's what i figured.

It's looking better and better for me to be there Friday, too.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:31 AM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart

To report about the Origins main event. Going into the last round, I was undefeated as well as my opponent who I believe is Turkeyclubsamic. I was playing:

4x phantom knights
kaemon awa
venom

His army:

Captain america
4x 4th mass
eldgrim

He beat me pretty handily.

We made the cut to the top 4. I played against pickle who was playing steamroller ;3 capuan gladiators, crixus, spartacus, and filled it w/ marro warriors. Our match was pretty close, but the gladiators won out.

The other match was the 4th mass against moxilla. His army was 4x minions of utgar, atlaga, and marcu. A lucky bolt of the witherwood takes out captain america, and sends moxilla into the finals against pickle.

3rd and 4th is a rematch that I'm not looking forward to, but this time, I use kaemon awa more effectively to whittle his army down. I end up winning taking 3rd place.

The championship match has moxilla beating pickle because the minions w/ flight and the extra move from atlaga are better able to take the high ground.

Congratulations to moxilla.

Some notable things, mattstertruckrally played a glads/blasts build, and only went 2-2, with one loss being my army. Not many armies played marvel,
even though it was allowed in this format. the top 2 armies also didn't use marvel, but both 3rd and 4th did.
Old June 26th, 2011, 06:33 PM

TurkeyClubSamich is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Captain america
4x 4th mass
eldgrim
Don't forget Kyntela Gwyn! Who landed a clutch wound on Venom in our rematch!

It was a fun tournament... Minions are still really tough, even when you're rolling 5 dice at 6 range. I wonder if the aversion to Marvel was based more on a general dislike for the Marvel set than anything else. I got all kinds of flack for bringing CapAm.

I thought at least SOMEONE would have brought Zelrig to this event, which is what I was terrified of...
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:35 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Thank you guys for making the effort at Origins. I know attendance was lower than what you guys would have liked but I thought it was pretty good for being the first time there.

Origins is pretty nice; sort of a GenCon light. It isn't nut to butt, like GenCon, and downtown Columbus didn't stink like sewage, like Indy sometimes does.

I got to play and meet some new people. lefton4ya put me in my place a couple of times but I only last 3 games in 3 events.(other loss was to mattser) Not strong enough to make some noise but better than my usual sub .500 in the state of Ohio. It also helped me think through some things that I need to tighten up for GenCon, such as drafting rules and HoB rules.

Anyways, I had a blast; good to see you all!! Hope to see you again at GenCon!!!

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; June 27th, 2011 at 12:57 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events