Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:31 PM
Gen Con Main Event Champion - 2015

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker
Origins 2011 - Columbus, OH

I got the confirmation of the events. They are as follows and should hopefully be up at the Origins web site:

Thursday - 3:00 Min 8 - Max 16
General Wars - 500 pts

Players will create and bring 500 point armies. Each figure of the army must follow the same General (Jandar, Utgar, Vydar, etc…). They are able to include all of the Master Sets and expansion (excluding Marvel). The players will need to bring their own figures, dice and order markers. This will be a 5 round swiss tournament.

Friday - 10:00 Min 8 - Max 16
Heat of Battle - 450 pts

Players will create and bring 450 point armies. They are able to include all of the Master Sets and expansion (excluding Marvel). Each player will take turns placing 1 of their figures anywhere on the map. A d20 will be rolled to determine who places first. Once all figures are placed another d20 roll will decide who wins initiative. The players will need to bring their own figures, dice and order markers. This will be a 5 round swiss tournament.

Friday - 3:00 Min 8 - Max 16
Draft Army - Bring 900 pts (choose 450 pts from the combined 1800 pt pool)

Players will bring 900 points worth of units. They are able to include all of the Master Sets and expansions (excluding Marvel). Players will take turns choosing units from the combined 1800 point army pool. After the first pick each player will get 2 consecutive picks. They will continue to draft units until each player has built his 450 point army. A d20 will be rolled to determine who chooses first. Once all figures are chosen another d20 roll will decide who wins initiative. The players will need to bring their own figures, dice and order markers. This will be a 5 round swiss tournament.

Saturday - 10:00 Min 16 - Max 32
Championship Main Event - 550 pts

Players will create and bring 550 point armies. They are able to include all of the Master Sets and expansion (including Marvel). The players will need to bring their own figures, dice and order markers. A 5 round swiss tournament followed by and hour break and 2 rounds for top 4.

Sunday - 1:00 Min 8 - Max 16
Lightweight - 380 pts

Players will create and bring 380 point armies. They are able to include all of the Master Sets and expansion (excluding Marvel). The players will need to bring their own figures, dice and order markers. This will be a 5 round swiss tournament.

Friday - 4:00 Min 8 - Max 16
Summoner Wars - Standard Build

Players bring a standard deck from one of the summoner factions.

Saturday - 5:00 Min 8 - Max 16
Summoner Wars - Free Build

Summoner Wars Standard Build Tournament, Players bring one of the standard summoner decks. Players may modify the faction deck with cards from the reinforcement deck.

For each of the HS events there will be a SOTM Master Set, Volcarren Wasteland, Thaelenk Tundra, Fortress of the Archkyrie and a Flag Bearer. We're thinking that First place will get a Master and their choice from the other 4. 2nd place then gets their choice of 2 from the remaining 3 and 3rd will get the last. There is also a Road to the Forgotten Forest and Ticalla Jungle that we will figure out where to put. Some other prizes may be added. I will also probably be working on some sort of trophy for each.

I believe that we will have a Summoner Wars Master Set for each of the Summoner Wars tournaments.

This thread is for information on Origins Heroscape and Summoner Wars events, including event shedules, rules, and maps.
Origins 2011: Ticket Info & Roster of who is going is the place to find out how to get discounted tickets and hotels and well as note you are attending

Last edited by weesel99; June 9th, 2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:16 AM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart
Re: Origins 2011 - Columbus, OH

EDIT:

To save people time, I have the event numbers in the origins book.

Heroscape Heat of Battle #1238 - Friday 10AM
Heroscape Draft Army #1315 - Friday 3PM
Heroscape Championship Main Event #1433 - Saturday 10AM
Heroscape Lightweight #1606 - Sunday 1PM

Last edited by jacob_j_p; June 24th, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

I'll be helping out the Columbus Crew with manning events as well. We should have more details about the events in question and also maps shortly.

Grenade lobbyist
Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:01 PM

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker

For those who are buying badges...this is the e-mail I received:

"It’s h791. They must use the club badge for that discount. If they already put their badge in the system they won’t be able to go back in and add it, I’ll have to do that for them. Have them contact me if that’s the case.

If you use h791 as the coupon code for a club badge you should get a discount on your badge. If you haven't sent your information to me (e-mail and name) for the Heroscapers GAMA club, I should be able to add you. Just send me a private message with your information.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:33 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Made my "Origins: Will you come?" poll thread into a Roster of Who's going.

Sign you name there if you plan on going.

Last edited by lefton4ya; May 3rd, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:35 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

We have 3 different Origins threads now. Let's use this one for for public info for all attending, (such as maps display and event descriptions), the first thread I started for planning discussions, and the are you going poll thread for a roster of who's going.

Also, the Origins Events List is up. Below is Heroscape info, but check out all 4390 Events!
Code:
Event #	Event Name	Feature Text Description	Price	Event Category	Event Start Date/Time	Duration	Track Request	Ribbon Request	Maximum Players	Minimum Players	Hosting Club or Company	Game Master (if different)	Game Manufacturer	Game/Rules/System	Game Edition	Materials Provided? [Yes/No]	Tournament Style	Tournament Round	Minimum Age	Game Complexity	Experience	Prizes Awarded? [Yes/No]	Amount Run	Location
8082	Summoner Wars, Standard Build	Players bring a standard deck from one of the summoner factions	$10.00 	CCG/TCG	Fri 4:00 PM	4	None	None	16	8	Heroscapers.com	Jacob Pong	Plaid Hat Games	Standard Summoner Wars Rules	Current	No	Swiss	Complete Tournament	All Ages	Basic	Some	Yes	Once	
8133	Summoner Wars, Free Build	Summoner Wars Standard Build Tournament, Players bring one of the standard summoner decks. Players may modify the faction deck with cards from the reinforcement deck.	$10.00 	CCG/TCG	Sat 5:00 PM	3	None	None	16	8	Heroscapers.com	Jacob Pong	Plaid Hat Games	Standard Summoner Wars Rules	Current	No	Swiss	Complete Tournament	All Ages	Basic	Some	Yes	Once	
1121	Heroscape General Wars	Players will create and bring 500 point armies. Each figure of the army must follow the same General (Jandar, Utgar, Vydar, etc…). They are able to include all of the Master Sets and expansion (excluding Marvel). The players will need to bring their own figures, dice and order markers. This will be a 5 round swiss tournament.	$6.00 	Miniature	Thu 3:00 PM	5	None	None	16	8	Heroscapers	Ben Schaub	Wizards Of The Coast	Current	Current	No	Swiss	Complete Tournament	All Ages	Not Applicable	None	Yes	Once	Hall D Tournament Zone
1238	Heroscape Heat of Battle	Players will create and bring 450 point armies. They are able to include all of the Master Sets and expansion (excluding Marvel). Each player will take turns placing 1 of their figures anywhere on the map. A d20 will be rolled to determine who places first. Once all figures are place another d20 roll will decide who wins initiative. The players will need to bring their own figures, dice and order markers. This will be a 5 round swiss tournament.	$6.00 	Miniature	Fri 10:00 AM	5	None	None	16	8	Heroscapers	Matt Schaub	Wizards Of The Coast	Current	Current	No	Swiss	Complete Tournament	All Ages	Not Applicable	None	Yes	Once	Hall D Tournament Zone
1315	Heroscape Draft Army	Players will bring 900 points worth of units. They are able to include all of the Master Sets and expansions (excluding Marvel). Players will take turns choosing units from the combined 1800 point army pool. After the first pick each player will get 2 consecutive picks. They will continue to draft units until each player has built his 450 point army. A d20 will be rolled to determine who chooses first. Once all figures are chosen another d20 roll will decide who wins initiative. The players will need to bring their own figures, dice and order markers. This will be a 5 round swiss tournament.	$6.00 	Miniature	Fri 3:00 PM	5	None	None	16	8	Heroscapers	David Lefton	Wizards Of The Coast	Current	Current	No	Swiss	Complete Tournament	All Ages	Not Applicable	None	Yes	Once	Hall D Tournament Zone
1433	Heroscape Championship Main Event	Players will create and bring 550 point armies. They are able to include all of the Master Sets and expansion (including Marvel). The players will need to bring their own figures, dice and order markers. A 5 round swiss tournament followed by and hour break and 2 rounds for top 4.	$8.00 	Miniature	Sat 10:00 AM	8	None	None	32	16	Heroscapers	Lucas Weese	Wizards Of The Coast	Current	Current	No	Swiss	Complete Tournament	All Ages	Not Applicable	None	Yes	Once	Hall D Tournament Zone
1606	Heroscape Lightweight	Players will create and bring 380 point armies. They are able to include all of the Master Sets and expansion (excluding Marvel). The players will need to bring their own figures, dice and order markers. This will be a 5 round swiss tournament.	$6.00 	Miniature	Sun 1:00 PM	5	None	None	16	8	Heroscapers	Mark Picklesimer	Wizards Of The Coast	Current	Current	No	Swiss	Complete Tournament	All Ages	Not Applicable	None	Yes	Once	Hall D Tournament Zone

Last edited by lefton4ya; May 3rd, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old May 7th, 2011, 01:46 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm about to register, but had a couple questions. First, I did pm weesel99 with my info to add me to the club for the discount, but I'm not sure if it's been done or not yet. Any way I can get confirmation?

Second, how do I go about signing up for events? Is this done during/after registration? This will be my first event of this kind so I'm just not sure how it works and don't want to miss out on any of the events I'm interested in playing.
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
I'm about to register, but had a couple questions. First, I did pm weesel99 with my info to add me to the club for the discount, but I'm not sure if it's been done or not yet. Any way I can get confirmation?

Second, how do I go about signing up for events? Is this done during/after registration? This will be my first event of this kind so I'm just not sure how it works and don't want to miss out on any of the events I'm interested in playing.
I sent in an updated Member List. I would hope that by the end of the week you are added into their system. Just make sure when signing up you select the club badge and use the code from above.
Old May 9th, 2011, 02:08 PM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post

The website for origins is spotty at best, but you should be able to search for events, and register for them online, the same place where you buy your badge (www.originsgamefair.com). You can also buy them on-site if they haven't yet sold out. If they're already sold out by the time you're there and you want to play, there's an chance you can play using generic tickets if someone with a registered ticket does not show up.
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:31 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_j_p View Post
The website for origins is spotty at best, but you should be able to search for events, and register for them online, the same place where you buy your badge (www.originsgamefair.com). You can also buy them on-site if they haven't yet sold out. If they're already sold out by the time you're there and you want to play, there's an chance you can play using generic tickets if someone with a registered ticket does not show up.
This is where it's spotty to me, do I need to register and then also purchase a badge to play the events? I did browse the origins website, but it was unclear to me how this worked. Is there any way to see if events have space before you purchase anything?
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:34 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesel99
Friday - 10:00 Min 8 - Max 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by weesel99
Heat of Battle - 450 pts

Players will create and bring 450 point armies. They are able to include all of the Master Sets and expansion (excluding Marvel). Each player will take turns placing 1 of their figures anywhere on the map. A d20 will be rolled to determine who places first. Once all figures are placed another d20 roll will decide who wins initiative. The players will need to bring their own figures, dice and order markers. This will be a 5 round swiss tournament.
This means place 1 FIGURE at a time, not 1 CARD of figures, right? That would be a tweak to the GenCon rules, but I think I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesel99 View Post
Friday - 4:00 Min 8 - Max 16
Summoner Wars - Standard Build

Players bring a standard deck from one of the summoner factions.
Does this mean I can't customize a deck - I have to play it straight out of the box with no Reinforcements? Or does it just mean that I just have to follow the deckbuilding rules in the rulebook?

Guys, I really think it's cool that you're all doing this. My boss was on vacation last week and is now out sick, so I still need to talk to him about getting that Friday off and making it down for the day. If I can, these will be the 2 Events I'll sign up for if there's space left. Hope I can see you guys there!

EDIT: Just heard from my boss. As I feared, June 24th is the day that my biggest project of the year is due, so I doubt I'll get it off. The rest of Origins weekend is my family's annual memorial golf outing for my wife's late uncle, so it looks like I'm probably out. If anything changes, I'll keep you guys informed.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 10th, 2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:05 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

Well I have the pleasure of actually selecting the maps that we'll be using. I'll be glad to take any suggestions for maps that we use at this event as long as they balanced for both sides. Just send me a PM sometime between now and Sunday.

Grenade lobbyist

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events