Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old June 20th, 2010, 04:44 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Toy Story 3

Anyone else seen this movie? Simply amazing. Everything that Pixar touches is a masterpiece, and this one was no different in my opinion. Might be my favorite Pixar film to date.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old June 20th, 2010, 04:57 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Toy Story 3

Saw it yesterday with the wife and kids. We all loved it as well. The end was a tear jerker.

I could see them possibly doing another with Zurg entering into Sunny Side. That would be real funny if you ask me.

If they don't that's fine. All three are a big success in my book.

By the way. Did you see the preview for Smurf'd? Hollywood out of ideas or what? LOL!

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old June 20th, 2010, 05:26 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Saw it yesterday with the wife and kids. We all loved it as well. The end was a tear jerker.

I could see them possibly doing another with Zurg entering into Sunny Side. That would be real funny if you ask me.

If they don't that's fine. All three are a big success in my book.

By the way. Did you see the preview for Smurf'd? Hollywood out of ideas or what? LOL!
I did indeed. I also liked the previews for Tangled and Megamind.

And the movie was a definite roller coaster. Though there are no plans at a fourth Toy Story, simply because they don't want this one to be a simple appendage of the first two. And its probably best that way, anyway.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just got back from the theatre.

As I grown man with a wife and 2 children, I can admit this freely: I had tears at the end.

Very good movie.

Be forewarned, movie info below:

Spoiler Alert!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:40 PM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

No young whippersnapper is getting my scape. I'll be playing it in the retirement home.

Though I may need one of those young whippersnappers to read the little text on the cards....

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Loved it.

You are made of stone if you don't tear up.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 20th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm going to definately bike to town next week and see this in Matinee (I won't pay full price because it'll be too dark by the time the movie is over).

Definately looking forward to it. Who cares if it's a kid movie? I'll watch it because it Pixar and I have a lot of good memories as a kid watching the first two. Plus, I've heard it is an awesome movie.
Old June 20th, 2010, 11:32 PM

switzerlandoftheclarinets knows what's in an order marker switzerlandoftheclarinets knows what's in an order marker

I saw this twice because my parents are divorced, They both came out of the theater sad because they realized it was only going to be two years before I end up leaving for college.

switzerlandoftheclarinets is a pregnant Empress Kiova
...in the LIBRARY...

Old June 20th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
I'm going to definately bike to town next week and see this in Matinee (I won't pay full price because it'll be too dark by the time the movie is over).

Definately looking forward to it. Who cares if it's a kid movie? I'll watch it because it Pixar and I have a lot of good memories as a kid watching the first two. Plus, I've heard it is an awesome movie.
The toy story movies are not kid's movies...in fact, outside of A Bug's Life, none of Pixar's movies are kids movies.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 21st, 2010, 10:28 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was surprised by how much of a drama (as opposed to action or comedy genres) it was. That said though, it was absolutely excellent. Brilliantly referenced other films and tied together elements of previous Toy Stories.

Spoiler Alert!

Completely satisfactory in every way.

~Aldin, who shed a couple of very manly tears

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 21st, 2010, 11:15 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post

The toy story movies are not kid's movies...in fact, outside of A Bug's Life, none of Pixar's movies are kids movies.
In the technical sense, these are 'kid movies', but I think just anyone would see them.
Old June 21st, 2010, 11:48 AM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

What does happen to the toys? I will probably not see this for about 4 months, since my family NEVER goes to the movies.

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies