Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 17th, 2012, 08:10 AM

maragin Woo who?
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2012

Hi. I'm totally and completely new to Heroscape. I bought a Master Set at Gen Con in August after playing once. Since then I've bought some pieces/sets off of ebay.

I'm in LA and think I'll probably be there for this event. If I wanted to play with a competitive army, I would need to borrow some pieces for sure. Will have to do some more research to see what army(s) I'd want to play. Looking forward to the event!
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maragin View Post
Hi. I'm totally and completely new to Heroscape. I bought a Master Set at Gen Con in August after playing once. Since then I've bought some pieces/sets off of ebay.

I'm in LA and think I'll probably be there for this event. If I wanted to play with a competitive army, I would need to borrow some pieces for sure. Will have to do some more research to see what army(s) I'd want to play. Looking forward to the event!
Well, it looks like we're going to need you desperately, so, glad you're coming out!

Many of us here have very extensive collections, so we can probably help you out on figures. Unless, of course, you want to play the same units we want to play, and then you're on your own. But just let us know what you need and we'll do the best we can to accomodate you.

BTW, you may know this already, but JIC: for planning out armies, there's no better tool than Battleplan. Especially when you don't have all the units.

Speaking of that ... wnfb, what do I need to bring?

EDIT: The OP says "dual army (see below)", but I don't see anything below. Are we doing the same "you can switch armies once" thing that we did before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Last edited by Xotli; October 17th, 2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: added thought
Old October 17th, 2012, 03:42 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Excited Just to point out, last year we did a restricted figure list, are we doing that? Or are we doing the format from 2010? Either way I gotta be prepared for Q9

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Just to point out, last year we did a restricted figure list, are we doing that? Or are we doing the format from 2010? Either way I gotta be prepared for Q9
Yeah, that's a good point ... wnfb said "same format as last year," so I guess so ... but it's not mentioned in the OP. Same with the dual army thing.

wnfb, can you clarify?

Oh, BTW, you can put SSX down as a definite. Also, he's bringing a friend, which you can put down as a maybe. I'll see if we can get him hooked up with an army between now and then.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Sorry I won't be there this year guys. I will be attending the Portland/Vancouver NHSD though and it is looking to be a good group and a the craziest format I've ever played.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Sorry I won't be there this year guys. I will be attending the Portland/Vancouver NHSD though and it is looking to be a good group and a the craziest format I've ever played.
Lucky man! We'll miss ya robb.

Oh, hey, forgot to ask: which maps are we using this year? Looks like we won't need more than 3 or 4 ... but I'd like to go ahead and build one for the kids to practice on. The maps I keep around under normal circumstances are always too insane to be useful as a tourney proxy.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:05 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Lucky man! We'll miss ya robb.

Oh, hey, forgot to ask: which maps are we using this year? Looks like we won't need more than 3 or 4 ... but I'd like to go ahead and build one for the kids to practice on. The maps I keep around under normal circumstances are always too insane to be useful as a tourney proxy.
If I could repeat myself :

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
When you guys get to selecting maps, could you take into consideration:

The Hotway or the Highway
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 VW, 1 FotA

Last edited by Sheep; October 18th, 2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old October 18th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
If I could repeat myself :

Quote:
When you guys get to selecting maps, could you take into consideration:

The Hotway or the Highway
That would be okay by me. Is it BoV approved? I personally do not care about such things, but I know some of our folks like to stick to BoV maps.

Who's bringing maps? What are you bringing? (We will be having maps, right? )

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:27 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
(We will be having maps, right? )
Nope. Let's play on tables and count it out in inches like Warhammer.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Quote:
(We will be having maps, right? )
Nope. Let's play on tables and count it out in inches like Warhammer.
Hrmph. Reason #2 why I don't play Warhammer: I refuse to play any "game" that requires a ruler and a protractor.

(Reason #1, of course, being my abysmal talent for painting. Or lack thereof.)

But, seriously folks: maps? anyone? Bueller?

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 18th, 2012, 10:35 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Okay, I think I've got the opening post up to date and accurate.
I believe we allowed a switch to a backup army, if you'd lost at least once, on rounds 3 or 4. Once switched, you are not allowed to change back.
I tend to lean towards BoV approved maps.
I should be able to make at least 2.
Suggestions?
Double-check that you don't have more than one selection from the restricted character list. Remember, you may have multiple army cards for the restricted squad.
Old October 19th, 2012, 12:00 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Okay, I think I've got the opening post up to date and accurate.
I believe we allowed a switch to a backup army, if you'd lost at least once, on rounds 3 or 4. Once switched, you are not allowed to change back.
I tend to lean towards BoV approved maps.
I should be able to make at least 2.
Suggestions?
Double-check that you don't have more than one selection from the restricted character list. Remember, you may have multiple army cards for the restricted squad.
Looks good! Now I totally need to make new armies lol :/

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day