Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 31st, 2011, 12:38 AM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2011

Exactly mate

I'd rather see armies with those units then the same Glad/Blast, Stingers, Krav, Raelin, Q9, Fen Hydra, 4th mass, 10th reg etc etc armies.

Love me some rats though!
Old August 31st, 2011, 12:55 AM

Everybody Loves Raelin Woo who?

SAME AS LAST YEAR, MAYBE SLIGHTLY MODIFIED

or

Restricted characters

Might is Right.

Old August 31st, 2011, 02:46 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharosInCharge View Post
I don't get the different format each round thing.... How would each round change?

Also - If there is a split vote I say everyone gets to vote for one of the 2, and if that is split then our host WNFB will roll a D20/flip a coin to determine the format.
I believe the way it could work for "each round a different format" is that we'd use the top 5 voted on formats to match to each round, so that we'd all have time to prepare our armies.
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:55 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharosInCharge View Post
I don't get the different format each round thing.... How would each round change?

Also - If there is a split vote I say everyone gets to vote for one of the 2, and if that is split then our host WNFB will roll a D20/flip a coin to determine the format.
I believe the way it could work for "each round a different format" is that we'd use the top 5 voted on formats to match to each round, so that we'd all have time to prepare our armies.
That would be cool. However we should vote on that after we have voted on the formats in general seeing as that's not really a format in itself.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old August 31st, 2011, 02:17 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Count me in.
Our usual carpool? Please say yes! Please say yes!
Of course!
I say yes
Yeah, swinging by to pick you up is also not a problem!

WNFB, I also have a message in to Wilkerson74, and he got back to me with a maybe. So feel free to add his name to the "Maybe's" on the first page when you have a chance.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 31st, 2011, 02:48 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
WNFB, I also have a message in to Wilkerson74, and he got back to me with a maybe. So feel free to add his name to the "Maybe's" on the first page when you have a chance.
Tell Wilk his maybe doesn't cut it, his stuff has been collecting dust for a couple years now. Seriously if he needs a babysitter I'm sure we can figure something out, its been forever since we played that day at your house. Oh and pick a format too dude.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 1st, 2011, 12:57 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, what I really want to vote for is the Grand Campaign and worst-army-swap. However, I think both of those are tough for new players (regardless of their age) and I am mindful of the inclusiveness factor. (See? I'm not just different for the sake of difference over here ... there is method in my madness. Honest. )

So my actual votes will be: 2v2 and the Double-Edged Sword. Probably the Double-Edged Sword more than the other even ... I like the challenge of getting an unknown army, and I like the option of playing different armies besides the one you brought (someone said playing against the same army all day would be boring, but I find that playing the same army all day is what bores me), and you can still prep for it--you just have to practice both playing with your chosen army as well as aginst it.

But I love 2v2 games too, so that's a great option as well.

You can put SSX down as a maybe. I'll try to pin him down one way or another in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 1st, 2011, 01:26 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I would love to do the Grand Campaign sometime but maybe that's one to save for a more open game day.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:02 AM

LoneHero2008 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

First:
If anyone lives near or will be passing through San Jacinto or Hemet, I'd like to get a ride if I can. I missed out last year cause I was unable to get a ride, I had my army picked out and everything. >_<

Second:
I've always played in free for all games, so I would LOVE the chance to play in team matches so I'd like to vote for 2v2.

Old September 1st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

I'm voting swapping worst armies & 2 vs. 2. Those seem the most fun to me.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old September 1st, 2011, 04:02 PM

LoneHero2008 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I was told I could vote again sooo....

I got to a lot of YuGiOh tournaments since there is one real close by so I'm gonna vote for the restricted list as well.

Still need a ride btw.

Old September 2nd, 2011, 11:37 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

As weak as this may sound, I'm casting my vote as whatever it is that everyone else determines to be the format for this year. I'm down for whatever, as I know it'll be a great time regardless.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day