Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Closed Thread

Old October 28th, 2010, 11:53 AM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HS Trade Thread & Good Traders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahde View Post
WD & Chris debate....

Rather than debating the issue of who was right/wrong...perhaps we should lobby that the site have a tool for tracking history/reputation of traders.

Just my two cents....
I disagree. The Heroscapers web site should take on NO responsibility for the interaction of it's members in a trading situation. The liability is much to high. Everyone is on their own. As it should be.

(Although, I might be able to be talked into the site offering up an Ombudsman.)
No way.

I've done hundreds of online trades and never felt the need to have such a system. This thread is set up on an honor system. I've only had a couple of times where I was "potentially" going to get screwed, but resolved them on my own.

FYI - If you're going to try and screw someone over, you might now want to give out your address first.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:17 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Key word was "might".
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:37 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Key word was "might".
Oh, I understand. I just think that the system works fine enough.

This recent incident wasn't even that big a deal if you ask me. Nobody was truly out anything, other than some figures taken out of a booster. I just don't want to see a knee jerk reaction to something so minor.

Would I have honored the deal, if someone took them out of the booster for me? - Yes.

Would I have taken them out of the booster before I received the money? - No.

Like I said. I've done hundreds of trades/sells via forum boards and have NEVER needed anyone to step in for me to handle a situation.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old October 28th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Have:
Convert your VHS - DVD

Want:
Wave 2
Wave 3
Wave 6
Wave 7
orcs
elementals
wyrmlings
D3
MS1,2,3
Open to offers

PM me for more info.

DragonSlayer2

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:47 PM
has been BANNED

ScapeorDie costs too much!

Does anyone need the first master set figures? or the accessories from ROTV.

Looking for offers of cash first but will definately trade as well just let me know what you have.

Basically im trying to get enough money into my paypal to buy the life membership!

Thanks SOD!
Old October 28th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Champion IN SPITE of Stoopid Doors

Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Great trades with Paronchydon and Greyelephant!
As many of you already know, Porkins is a reliable and terrific trader!
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:53 PM

SunDevil has disabled reputation
Re: HUGE Scape collection from Wave 1 up for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
I have collected Scape since the beginning but, sadly, it must all find a new home.

I have at least 3 of every common set from Wave 1 until D&D Wave 2 and 1 of every Unique set. 3 or 4 Masters, 2 Swamp, 3 Lava, 3 TUndra, 3 or 4 Road, 5 Castles, 1 Marvel.

All exclusives, all flagbearers.

I'm really hoping someone in the midwest (I'm in Iowa) will just take a road trip to come out for the whole collection. I'd even throw in all the nice storage bins I keep them in - there are 12 plastic shelving units of 3 shelves each - 3 large for terrain, 3 medium and 5 small.

I also hav extra sets of my fave figures - Monks, Gruts, Zombies, etc. - that are all included. I also have a nice big tacklebox that holds all the dice, order markers, rulebooks, etc.

Someome please give this collection a good home. I am happy to take a large $$$ loss because I have enjoyed this stuff for years.

Make me an offer and complete a HeroScape collection in one fell swoop!

SunDevil here or e-mail me at numbskrull@yahoo.com
This collection has found a new home! Thank you to all who wrote in about it and biggest thanks of all to the new owner (not sure if he wants his online ID posted) for driving out and, again, giving my collection a perfect new home. It was sad to part with something I put so much of myself into but it was time and it could not have gone to a better Scaper.

Thanks everyone. It's been fun!

The contents of this package are the goods.
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:06 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
WD & Chris debate....

Rather than debating the issue of who was right/wrong...perhaps we should lobby that the site have a tool for tracking history/reputation of traders.

Just my two cents....
I disagree. The Heroscapers web site should take on NO responsibility for the interaction of it's members in a trading situation. The liability is much to high. Everyone is on their own. As it should be.

(Although, I might be able to be talked into the site offering up an Ombudsman.)
The site would not be liable for the ratings themselves, just an idea for a tool. Either way makes no difference to me outside of my interest in avoiding a replay of this issue.
Old October 29th, 2010, 06:17 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
WD & Chris debate....

Just my two cents....

The site would not be liable for the ratings themselves, just an idea for a tool. Either way makes no difference to me outside of my interest in avoiding a replay of this issue.
There would be no point in tracking trade ratings. If people justly or unjustly get a poor rating, they can just create a new account, as we've just seen here.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old October 29th, 2010, 10:46 AM

BobGrant is surprisingly tart

Have:
Gladiatrons
Laglor (missing 1 valkyrie dice)

Want:
Heavy gruts

See Avatar for my most epic fail.

Dec 11 - X-mas Chaos II - Baltimore, MD - clancampbell
Dec 18 - Mixed Marvel - Pitman, NJ - mikelizzio
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The trade thread is what it is. It's a valuable community resource but it has its risks. Overall I've done well trading in this community but I've had my share of headaches, too.

No need to change anything. It is what it is; barter systems all have risks and I don't think any of the suggested remedies have benefits outweighing the various costs.

Don't ship something you couldn't bear to give away if you don't have what you're expecting in hand first. If you're dealing with a veteran *adult* member of the community then you will perhaps feel more free to stuff your items in a box and ship.

My best transactions have all been with guys with long track records on the site: Jim, Necroblade, R˙chean, to name a few. My headaches have been with people who aren't around much, and from what I've read there's also a pattern of people having problems with kids. No offense to the teenagers & younger who *are* great traders, but that's what I've observed from reading posts on this forum for some time now.

If you're dealing with a kid, or someone who isn't around much, then I'd suggest considering waiting til you have your items in hand. No need for a toothless ombudsman, or a meaningless "rating."

Sorry in advance to the younger 'Scapers out there who might have taken offense at this post.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 29th, 2010, 01:03 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks to the way I collected (buying other people's entire collections when they got out), I wound up with a lot of extras of the unique packs from waves 7 and earlier, including the large expansions. If you need anything from those figures, I'm your guy. Also because of the way I built my collection, very little of it is in package, but I would still prefer to trade by packs. However, since it is mostly already open, I will trade single squads/figures as needed.

Have:
Wave 1:
Roman Archers x1 (lost one of the matching legionaires, see below)
9th Roman Legion x4
Grut Orcs x4

Wave 2:
Hero pack x1 (nib)
Minutemen & wolves x3

Wave 4:
Lawmen & Samurai x1
Heros of Trollsford x1

Wave 5:
Gladiators & Agents x1
Ninjas & Samurai x1

Wave 6:
Heroes of Durgeth x1

Wave 7:
Heroes of Elswin x1

Large figure packs:
Heroes of Laur x2 (Charos, Su Bak Na, etc)
Heros of Lindesfarme x1 (Q9, Braxas, etc)

Flagbearers:
Ornak (good condition with dice and bag)

Terrain:
Lots (and lots) of master set terrain

Incomplete squads/Damaged Figures (for you custom makers out there):
3/4 Roman Legionaires
2/3 Einar Imperium (one missing wings)
Su-Bak-Na - missing wings. I don't think they were sent to me.
3/4 Airborne Elite
3/4 Marro Warriors
RotV Raelin without wings & staff
Tarn Viking warriors - 6 figures from 2 squads - one has been tastefully sprinkled with red paint for blood. I'll take a picture if you need it.
Parmenio - without base (I may try and fix this one. Not sure. Have to find a base first)

Want:
Cash, Other board games (see my BGG profile under the same username)

I'll be happy to work with just about anybody on a trade, but since there are few repercussions to a bad trade (it seems), I will probably be a little bit of a pain if you have no references.

Good Trades:
TheSparkleInYourWater, Tysac, Typhon2222, Serenity, qt.bangerang, cosmosis, mariogolbee

Last edited by personwholives; November 2nd, 2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: good trade. Need to update the list some more.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online