Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:20 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
5x400 General Wars! West Chester PA tournament - June 16th

I haven't done a tournament in a while and I have decided that it is time to fix that. This tournament will be held at the best game store ever, The Games Keep in West Chester PA on June 16th, 2012. The address is:

The Games Keep, LLC
929 South High St, Parkway Center
West Chester, PA 19382
484-905-5533
Mon-Tue: closed, Wed: noon - 8pm, Thu-Sat: noon - 10pm, Sun: 2-8pm

Here are the specifics for the tournament:

What to bring:
Figures, their cards, dice, wound markers, and order markers

Army Construction/Format: 5x400 General Wars!
Players will have to build 5 separate armies each featuring a separate general or generals. You may not have more than three (3) of any single squad card in each of your armies. Each round we will all fight with our armies from the same general. I am still unsure of the order the generals will figth in, but here is how the generals will be paired up:
Utgar
Jandar
Einar
Vydar/Valkrill
Ullar/Aquilla

Each army will be 400 points with no Marvel or custom figures units allowed. Sam Brown will be allowed as long as you can tell him apart from any other 4th Mass you may be using. Any 4th Mass or 10th of Foot sculpt can be used for Sam Brown.

Timeframe:
The tournament will consist of five 50 minute rounds. We will begin set-up at 12PM and start rolling dice around 12:30. Including tournament clean-up and awarding prizes, we should finish up between 6-6:30 PM.

Fee:
$5 per participant will be collected with all of the money going toward gift certificates that can be used at The Games Keep. TGK still had some HS merchandise last time I was there as well as other great board, card and miniatures games.

Maps:
Frossenmere brought by tom
Spoiler Alert!

Moltenclaw's Gulch brought by Northgate
Spoiler Alert!

Cage Match brought by Spidysox
Spoiler Alert!

Shards brought by Spidysox
Spoiler Alert!

Mauna Killa brought by Johngee
Spoiler Alert!

Highland Road brought by tom
Spoiler Alert!

Meander brought by mad_wookiee
Spoiler Alert!

Fulcrum brought by Northgate
Spoiler Alert!

Ticalla Sunrise brought by tom
Spoiler Alert!

Burial Marsh brought by Hose and by Johngee
Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs:
None.

How will players and maps be selected?:
Players will be assigned randomly for the first round. After that round I will match up players with similar records (for example in round 2 the 1-0 players will be randomly paired and the 0-1 players will be randomly paired). This way by the end of the tournament, we should have a clear 5-0 winner or a 4-1 winner with the most points (see below).

Maps will also be assigned randomly. Once I get the players assinged I will look at the maps that they have both played on and put them on a map neither has played.

Full Card Scoring:
At the end of each round players will add up the value in points that they have destroyed throughout the course of the game. Typically the winner will have wiped out his opponent and will score the full 400 points. The loser will add up the points for each card they completely destroyed. There will be no partial scoring for wounds inflicted on heroes that are not destroyed or squads that have surviving members. This is different from what we normally do so please feel free to ask any questions regarding the change.

Attendees:
tom
spidysox
clancampbell
xanth
Johngee
Northgate
Mason
Arcus
hose
hosey
mad_wookiee
Jay
fallow
Dolan
Nate
Nate's son

Possibles:
DragonSlayer2
DragonSlayer2's dad
DragonSlayer2's girlfriend
Toa
TheEpicAlpaca
TheEpicLlama
ChilliDog
ChilliDog's brother

Any questions please feel free to ask!

Last edited by tom; June 16th, 2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Updated map volunteers. Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events