Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 8th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Filthy's Customs -Updated 2012-03-29

Filthy's Customs
  1. Electrified Tor-Kul-Na, v2!
  2. Tutorial: creating figures with InstantMold and GreenStuff
  3. Voluptia
    Spoiler Alert!
  4. Big Daddy Xmas
    Spoiler Alert!
  5. Electrified Tor-Kul-Na
  6. Stingy Jack - LC's Halloween contest submission
    Spoiler Alert!
  7. Khepri Beetle
    Spoiler Alert!
  8. Glowing Greater Ice Elemental
  9. Tobol the Magnificent

10. Na'Geesh the Earth Bender - Geomancer for Utgar
  11. Greenvise Vine - Carnivorous Guard
    Spoiler Alert!

12. Baruk Kurab, Valkrill's Hobgoblin Hero
    Spoiler Alert!
  13. Vakrian Slingers
    Spoiler Alert!
  14. Buckskin Joe, Tribesman hero
    Spoiler Alert!
  15. Priscus, Gladiator hero
    Spoiler Alert!
  16. Fen Hydra with removable heads
-----
Latest Notes
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; March 6th, 2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Added TKN v2
Old November 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker
Re: Filthy the Clown's Customs - Gladiator Hero

I like him. The Gladiators rather need a weaker version of Spartacus. He is easily used, as he is 110 points, and provides a replacement for 200 point Spartacus. I'd like to use him, as I've never used the Gladiators because Spartacus is a necessity and he's too much. I will make you a card if you so desire.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:09 PM

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
I like him. The Gladiators rather need a weaker version of Spartacus. He is easily used, as he is 110 points, and provides a replacement for 200 point Spartacus. I'd like to use him, as I've never used the Gladiators because Spartacus is a necessity and he's too much. I will make you a card if you so desire.
Thanks for the offer and for the feedback, MrWookie. I should have the card under control, but I might shoot you a PM if I hit any snags on it (I am going to wait until I get the figure painted).

In regards to feedback, it might be worth increasing his point cost and changing his defense to 4, as I suspect he will be a prime target (as Spartacus can be). However, the lower defense tends to fit with the mantra of the gladiators, where they attack in one fell swoop, risking it all by the sword. Still, with a shield-based special attack (and quite unlike Khosumet's shield), it makes logical sense to give him a higher defense. I will playtest his tonight and see what it yields.
Old November 8th, 2010, 08:14 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Yes, that might actually work better. I'd rather pay more for a Hero with longevity.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:13 AM

After some playtesting last night, I like the 5 life/4 defense combo a bit better than the 6 life/3 defense combo. At 110, I still think that it is justified. Why?

-All of the Gladiators, besides Spartacus, have a base defense of 3. However, the nature of Priscus, as well as his point cost, warrants an increase of defense (while taking a hit in Life: reducing him to 5 life keeps the extra defense in check).

-Let's compare his stats to some of the other 110ish point heroes:

Code:
Name     Life         Move         Range        Attack       Defense      Bonding
Alastair     6          5            1            5              3           Yes
Migol        5          5            1            2              4           Yes
Laglor       6          5            7            3              3            No
Valguard     7          5            1            2              4           Yes
Gilbert      6          5            1            3              4           Yes
Stats-wise, the most comparable match to Priscus seems to be Gilbert (who bonds, boosts adjacent knights, and offers a mobility boost via Jandar's Dispatch; he also has one more life point). Since Priscus's Taste of Freedom attack boost (attack aura of range 3) trumps Gilbert's adjacent boost, it makes sense that he should cost more (well, more than the 5 point cost differential), or have reduced stats. My solution:
  • Remove one life point from Priscus
  • Add one defense point (more in line with a shield-based attack)
  • Remove one attack point (base attack of 3: comparable to Capuan Gladiators, but helps to offset the attack boost that he gives them.
So, the new stats for Priscus are:
Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; November 9th, 2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Reduced life to 5
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Priscus 110
Crixus 90
Retarius 90
Capuans x3 210
12 spaces, 500 points
I like this one. . .

Might I suggest using the Capuan that looks like the Y Kozuke with a better paint job on the shield. That shield is definitely big enough to pin someone.

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:47 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Very nice post format!

I like being able to read your thoughts behind your design as well as the sample armies. It shows you have honestly thought out your units and aren't just slapping something together.

+rep for that alone!

BTW, the gladiator is cool too
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Atlaga View Post

Might I suggest using the Capuan that looks like the Y Kozuke with a better paint job on the shield. That shield is definitely big enough to pin someone.
I agree; that is definitely the best choice to use. I added a painting guide to the first post to show how I ended up customizing the sculpt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Very nice post format!

I like being able to read your thoughts behind your design as well as the sample armies. It shows you have honestly thought out your units and aren't just slapping something together.

+rep for that alone!

BTW, the gladiator is cool too
Thanks; glad that you liked it!
Old November 10th, 2010, 06:51 PM

Re: Filthy the Clown's Customs - Priscus, Gladiator Hero

The card:

I darkened the image of the sculpt to add a tinge of Mystère to the mix.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; December 2nd, 2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added version 2 of the card (deleted the previous image...Avoid clutter!).
Old November 10th, 2010, 06:59 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The left box text could be shrunk down a size. Other than that it looks great. I love cards that have the figure poking a sword/etc out of the picture zone. It gives the cards a very neat 3D feel that the official cards are lacking. I'm not sure about the darkening, but that's your call. The stats need aligned better, and I think the wording on Taste of Freedom could be improved. "If all of your order markers are on Gladiators"... Also except Priscus doesn't need to be parenthases. Overall it's very good and like Lamaclown said you can definitely see the thought that was put into it.

Old November 10th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Very nice custom Filthy! Shield pin almost make his normal attack worthless though, maybe 2 for the power's attack. He seems quite balanced regardless.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh yeah you need to put a period after Attack 3 and after Range 1 to separate the stats. Sorry I missed that before.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards