Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 9th, 2013, 01:52 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Ravens finish was nuts, too. 2:05 to play, Ravens need a td and get it, taking a 3 point lead with a td pass from Flacco to Pitta. Vikings respond with a 2 play td drive of their own, taking a 4 point lead of their own. Vikes kick away from Jacoby Jones, who runs up and catches it anyway, and races up the sideline and returns it for a touchdown. Ravens by 3. Vikings respond with a screen pass followed by a long yac for a touchdown of their own, staking a 4 point lead with only 45 ticks left on the clock. Flacco takes over after the ensuing touchback, and ultimately finds Marlon Brown in the back of the endzone with 4 seconds left.

Two minutes and five seconds: five touchdowns, five lead changes.
Just read that the 6 lead changes in the 4th quarter, including these 5 in the last 2+ minutes, were an NFL record.
More than that; there's never been 5 TDs in that short a span in a game, ever. In fact, the next closest span for 5 TDs in a game is more than twice as long (5:40, back in 1972). That it was at the end of a game, and all five were lead changes, just makes it more insane. Check out the win probability chart for the game.

In other news, the Peyton in the cold thing has always been a myth. It's actually "Peyton against really good teams, usually on the road", not "Peyton in the cold". This has been your latest helping of Correlation Does Not Imply Causation.

(He is hurt by wind, and probably a little more now than he used to be, but not too much more than most QBs. Here's some splits if you want to nerd out.)
Old December 9th, 2013, 09:58 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Here is my imitation of DS during the Min/Bal game yesterday.

-insert signature here-
Old December 9th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Pretty much. I'm also just glad such a historic game happened to be on in Baltimore, and I was watching it.

I should add that Adrian Peterson, who had left in the first half with an injury, created a stir afterward by tweeting a complaint about 2 things: 1. The officials blowing calls. 2. The fans ("the worst fans in the NFL," or something like that) throwing snowballs in the 4th quarter.

1. Yes, the Ravens got the benefit of a questionable call on a fumble after Gehart appeared to have his knee down. In the second quarter. Bad officiating will happen. The Vikings had countless opportunities to win the game and, in the end, did not.

2. More importantly: Don't go after the fans. Even more importantly than that, don't go after a whole fanbase based on what you saw on your one visit here. And don't complain about snowballs, it make you sound like an %**(@!#.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was on some kind of medication when he picked up his phone to start tweeting.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 9th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You want historic? How about an entire game with no points from kicking?

Shame the Lions had to lose it after such a nice start ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 9th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Forgot to post here but went took my first trip to a football game in a stadium, it was very entertaining and fun to experience (the Bengals winning helped too), but to be honest I would rather sit on my couch with the heat on, food that isn't outrageously overpriced, and more than one person to talk to about whats going on in the game. Still though can't complain about free tickets. Anyone else have that feeling?

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:54 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
Forgot to post here but went took my first trip to a football game in a stadium, it was very entertaining and fun to experience (the Bengals winning helped too), but to be honest I would rather sit on my couch with the heat on, food that isn't outrageously overpriced, and more than one person to talk to about whats going on in the game. Still though can't complain about free tickets. Anyone else have that feeling?
I'm really into going to sporting events recently. High school football is more entertaining than the Bears though, and I like basketball even more. Love the small college basketball scene.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:54 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm a bit of a homebody in general, so take it with a grain of salt, but I also vastly prefer watching sports from the comfort of home. The traffic alone ....

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 10th, 2013, 11:29 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
2. The fans ("the worst fans in the NFL," or something like that) throwing snowballs in the 4th quarter.
He also fails to realize that no matter what city it was in, if there is snow, there are going to be idiots throwing it.

-insert signature here-
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
2. The fans ("the worst fans in the NFL," or something like that) throwing snowballs in the 4th quarter.
He also fails to realize that no matter what city it was in, if there is snow, there are going to be idiots throwing it.
No reports on this in the Philly/Detroit game, and there were reports of Eagles fans beating up a Lions fan.

Old December 10th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Quote:
No reports on this in the Philly/Detroit game, and there were reports of Eagles fans beating up a Lions fan.

What can you say...Philly fans Not that there aren't fans in other cities that are ignorant POS morons that get into altercations with other fans, but Philly just seems to have a little extra "meat" in the meat-head department.

On another note, I'm not sorry to see the Lions continue to choke away what should have been a relatively easy road to the Central title Just wish Trestman wasn't equally chokeworthy last week against the Vikings with some bad game management.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 11th, 2013, 09:53 AM

Seriously. Nobody wants to win the NFC North this year. If the Packers rise and pull this off, I'm going to be so disappointed ....

Old December 11th, 2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Quote:
No, nothing reported, but I'm sure it was happening.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV