Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

View Poll Results: Which do you think would be better for me to do?
Take requests and respond by PM only 0 0%
Post here, but only unbid auctions with an hour or less remaining. 0 0%
Other (please post with suggestion) 0 0%
Stand on my head and cluck like a chicken! :P 4 100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 26th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
E-Bay deals

After reading another thread about all the non-deals, near-scams, and just plain price gouging among heroscape auctions on E-Bay, I thought I'd perform a useful service to the 'Scaper community. Every couple days or so I will delve into the E-Bay listings and pull out any decent deals (some better than others, obviously) and post links to them here. (If that's alright with everyone)

OK so today's edition contains mainly average deals, but that depends on what you're looking for. Here they are.

1st Edition Wal-Mart Exclusive MS with Elite Onyx Vipers, currently going for $26 with 23hours remaining:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HeroScape-The-Ba...QQcmdZViewItem

New-in-box Volcarren Wasteland $10.50, 1day 13hours remaining:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Heroscape-Volcar...QQcmdZViewItem

Volcarren Wasteland NIB $10.00, 1day 20hours remaining:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HEROSCAPE-Toys-R...QQcmdZViewItem

Master Set possibly 1st Edition? (the inside cover shows blue and red dice, instead of white) $19.99 Buy-it-now = $26, 2days 21hours remaining:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HEROSCAPE-THE-BA...QQcmdZViewItem

Well, that's all I've got tonight. Time to hit the hey. Goodnight.

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:10 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Not to sound selfish....but actually, I think by posting these here you are going to PREVENT folks from getting good deals by drawing attention to things that might slip under the radar. If a whole bunch of scapers are linked to it, the price will go up.

At least that's my two cents.
Old July 27th, 2006, 10:22 AM

0rbital has disabled reputation
Yeah I agree with jcb. I got a 1st ed MS last week for $16 that's only missing 2 samurai. If it was posted on here it would have gone for more I'm sure. But then again I'm sure most of us on here browse HS stuff on Ebay regularly.
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:53 AM

Command-and-Conquer has disabled reputation
OK first of all for the EOVMS, It's $26 PLUS $12 shipping. $36 dollars isn't THAT much of a deal when on August 13th-14th, Wal-mart clearences everything out for christmas which means everything will be dirt cheap. As for the new VW, it says the shipping cost says calcutate. So depending on where you live it could cost a lot of money total.

Need a life outside from Heroscape?

Well good luck.
Old July 27th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Most Wanted

Yeah, I thought of that too, afterwards. Oh well, it was an idea.

Hmmm, here's another idea. Since I'm always browsing E-Bay anyway, if any 'scapers here who don't like scrounging through the auctions themselves and are looking for something specific they could PM me with their requests. Whenever I come across it, I'll PM them the item number.

I'm always glad to help however I can.

Old July 27th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Most Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Command-and-Conquer
OK first of all for the EOVMS, It's $26 PLUS $12 shipping. $36 dollars isn't THAT much of a deal when on August 13th-14th, Wal-mart clearances everything out for christmas which means everything will be dirt cheap. As for the new VW, it says the shipping cost says calcutate. So depending on where you live it could cost a lot of money total.
Well, first off, I said they were so-so deals, nothing dirt cheap. Second, you'd be lucky to even FIND EOV sets at your local Wal-Mart. Third, I used to work at Wal-Mart, and shop there regularly and they still have MS from 2 years ago that have NEVER been put into clearance. They only clearance something they're not going to carry anymore. They don't clearance stuff out then restock it after christmas. If they're still planning on carrying an item after christmas, they don't clearance it in the first place. The so-called "sales" they have after Thanksgiving and such are actually cheap stuff they ORDER specifically to turn around and sell-out of just to get you in the store.

Old July 28th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks for attempting to help out the community HyperactiveSloth. Very nice that you would take the time to look for 'Scapers' gaming needs.

We've seen so many 'Hi I'm new to this game and want to know what I should buy next...', so we know the game still has momentum and people are addicted and want more. When they choose Heroscapers.com for their source for all things 'Scape, it's great to see the community be so helpful.

Just wanted to say I appreciate you offering up your time!
Old July 29th, 2006, 08:53 AM

Roufus has disabled reputation
Those deals absolutely suck when you factor in shipping anyway.
Old July 29th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Most Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufus
Those deals absolutely suck when you factor in shipping anyway.
Everyone's definition of a deal is different. For me, if the price + shipping = less than retail, it's a deal. Most stores don't even carry what I want, and the stuff they carry never goes on sale. So, if I want to buy, I'd have to buy the scarce stock locally at full retail, or order online and pay retail + shipping.
So, if I can find it for less than retail INCLUDING SHIPPING, that's a deal. It's not a steal, or a bargain, but it's better than paying MORE elsewhere or not buying at all.
Which sounds better to you? (assuming you want 1st Ed.) A 2nd Ed. MS from the local Wal-Mart for $41, or a 1st Ed. MS for $35 (including shipping) off E-Bay?

And, ONCE AGAIN, I did say in the first post that those AREN'T GREAT deals, just so-so IF that happens to be what you're looking for. I think "sucks" is a bit exagerated...not to mention that some of the shippings depend on location. it might be $5 for me, and $12 for you.

To each his own.
Old July 29th, 2006, 04:50 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
And posting links to even reasonably close to retail of limited edition items is a favor. There are people who are not close to a Walmart or TRU that has EOV or Lave in stock, so this is helpful

If you don't want his deals, don't use them, but I don't see why the bashing is necessary.

EOV set went for $42 (including shipping)
Volcarren 1 went for 13.50 w/o shipping (shipping on it to me would have been $7.05)
Volcarren 2 went for $19.55 (including shipping)
Master set (1st edition, type of water unknown) is currently at $19.99 plus $12 shipping, so 8 bucks less than retail before tax.

It's not like he is linking to the $42 (plus shipping) Nerak.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Heroscape-Nerak-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old July 29th, 2006, 04:53 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation
MUST...
OBEY...
GUY...
WHO...
USES...
GORILLINATOR...
AS...

(I like gorillinators alot.)
Old July 29th, 2006, 05:51 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
My point was that it drives up the prices by telling people about them. If he's really thorough, there go the days of good steals that went unnoitced....call it selfish but, there ya go.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion