Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 17th, 2009, 09:36 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2009

Excellent work! I'm sure everyone's stoked to see the final products!
Old September 17th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Excellent work! I'm sure everyone's stoked to see the final products!
A quick note to let folks know I won't be using the Valkyrie icons in the t-shirt design (copyrights and all), but it'll still look pretty sick.

Shirts should be done by middle of next week, and I'll post the link as soon as they're available.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll bring a small booster to the prize table to mitigate the ???s.

I vote for one army as it simplifies things.

It's kind of hard to make an army when over 80% of your figures are an 7.5 hour drive away, and there is only one common squad (x3) with you.

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; September 17th, 2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old September 17th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
A quick note to let folks know I won't be using the Valkyrie icons in the t-shirt design (copyrights and all), but it'll still look pretty sick.
Really? I wouldn't think it would be a big deal what with this not being for profit, considering lots of people use the symbols in for profit items they sell like custom figs and all. Maybe if you were going to sell them for the general masses but what equates to maybe a dozen or so shirts it seems silly.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 17th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Really? I wouldn't think it would be a big deal what with this not being for profit, considering lots of people use the symbols in for profit items they sell like custom figs and all. Maybe if you were going to sell them for the general masses but what equates to maybe a dozen or so shirts it seems silly.
The site I'm going to use to have the shirts made available to folks(Zazzle.com) has a copyright policy. Essentially, if images you're using in your design are copyrighted/licensed/trademarked, don't use them. Which is pretty much a rule of thumb in all that I do. Especially in this instance. Will I be making money off of this? No. But people do have to pay money to Zazzle.com if they want a shirt. So technically someone is profiting off of this, and therefore would be infringement. While the design may not be as cool without them, it'll still be pretty cool.

Old September 17th, 2009, 11:22 PM

BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker

Great news on the shirt! What will the color of the shirt be and do either site offer a big man size [ 2 XLT ]

.....YOU UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE !
Old September 18th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Well I'm sure it'll look cool but IMO Zazzle sucks then.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 18th, 2009, 12:42 AM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

I didn't know we were still debating the number of armies.
Single-
I believe that multiple armies just makes things more difficult for the average player. If you don't play often or don't have all the rules/stats memorized then juggling a few armies you don't know very well is hard to do successfully. It would be better for people to bring one army that they've at least played once or twice and they know inside and out. Thats my two cents anyhow.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Resident Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJIM View Post
Great news on the shirt! What will the color of the shirt be and do either site offer a big man size [ 2 XLT ]
There will be a few different color options. Though once I start designing the shirt, I obviously need to decide which color the design will transfer best to... but haven't really had time to think about that, yet. And yes, some of these sizes even go up to 3XL. Though I'm not sure if there are tall sizes.

Old September 18th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
If you are going to print nametags out onto an Avery label template or something similar, don't use the image above. Only because it isn't a print quality image. I can set something up to work as a nametag using the same imagery and textures.
Well, I would be happy to hop on out to Office Depot and pick up the stickers and print everything out. But can you do the layout? Like if you did a PDF or something and then told me which model of Avery's you had in mind, it would be pretty simple for me to take it from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I'll bring a small booster to the prize table to mitigate the ???s.
Cool. Added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I vote for one army as it simplifies things.

It's kind of hard to make an army when over 80% of your figures are an 7.5 hour drive away, and there is only one common squad (x3) with you.
Well, no, the point is that you would bring 3 armies. Or 3 variations on 1 army. Or only two, or even just one, if that's what you want to do. But the point is that you have your armies set before you leave your house, not build them on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman View Post
I didn't know we were still debating the number of armies.
Single-
I believe that multiple armies just makes things more difficult for the average player. If you don't play often or don't have all the rules/stats memorized then juggling a few armies you don't know very well is hard to do successfully. It would be better for people to bring one army that they've at least played once or twice and they know inside and out. Thats my two cents anyhow.
Well, it sounds like more and more people are leaning towards a single army, and that's okay, but I'm going to try one last time.

First of all, if people don't want to bring multiple armies, they definitely do NOT have to. I can certainly see an argument being made that trying to play multiple armies is a disadvantage and you should stick with one ... so do that. Stick with one. I'm certainly not proposing that people are FORCED to bring multiple armies.

But AFA said argument goes, I personally disagree with it. AFAIC, bringing multiple armies is an advantage, pure and simple, and I would like people to be able to avail themselves of that. I don't want anyone to feel like they lost a battle just because a given map was crappy for a given army. I do want people to start considering some of those units that they normally won't consider just because they know there's one or more maps out there that the unit can't perform well on. Having to play a single army breeds genericism in our unit choices, and, what's worse to me, means that often your entire showing in the tournament is decided before you ever leave your house. What I really don't want is for people to spend the first hour finding out that their army has a crucial weakness that they didn't consider, and then spend four more hours just having that same lesson beaten painfully into their skulls over and over again. How is that fun for anyone? Even the winners of those battles?

Anyways, I think that's my last effort to sway folks. If I don't see some others jumping on the bandwagon after this, I'll just shut up and change it to "single army."

Last edited by Xotli; September 18th, 2009 at 03:34 AM. Reason: polished up some wording
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:46 AM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I still think it makes for a disadvantage to those who don't have the pieces to make multiple armies. Just my .

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old September 18th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Resident Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli
Well, I would be happy to hop on out to Office Depot and pick up the stickers and print everything out. But can you do the layout? Like if you did a PDF or something and then told me which model of Avery's you had in mind, it would be pretty simple for me to take it from there.
I can do that easy enough.

I'm thinking if you're able to pick up these...

Avery® White Adhesive Name Badges 8395

I can download a template, prep the file, and then send it to you for printing. Would that work? I guess it's contingent on whether or not these are available locally... though I don't see why they wouldn't be. However, if you find something else, I can easily make the image fit whatever you purchase. Just let me know.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day