Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old April 13th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Talking Filthy's Carnage Reports - Updated 2012-08-21

Carnage Report Index
HS Online Tournament
2011-11-05 - Mechanicon2011-10-22 Florida Frenzy 5.0
2011-06-25 Florida Frenzy 4.5
2011-02-08 Wolves!!
2010-12-13 Priscus, Gladiator Hero
2010-11-04 Death Knight battle
2010-10-24: Florida Frenzy 4.0

River of Blood Dungeon Crawl2010-05-24
2010-04-22
2010-01-11

----------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my first battle report!

Mrs Filthy and I have been waiting to try some of the new D1 figures in a match, and last night we were finally able to make the time. What follows is a description of that encounter.

First off, the teams:

Filthy:
Sir Dupuis
Phantom Knights X3
Raelin V1
Sonya Esenwein
Air Elemental
Total: 515 points, 14 spaces
Anticipated strategy: Move the PKs up fast, followed by Raelin and the Air E for support. Then, use Dupuis as a strategic missile to smash the opponents, bolstered by Knight's Courage.
Drafting notes: Looks like the Air Elemental is not going to do me much good this game.

Mrs. Filthy
:
Torin
Hydra X2
Kelda
Zettian Guards
Total: 510 points, 9 spaces
Anticipated Strategy: Get the Zettians in a good position, then attack with everything else...Crush the enemy, see him driven before her, and hear the lamentation of the women (well, forget the last part).
Drafting notes: Mrs. Filthy loves the Zettians and almost always drafts them. Unfortunately for her, Torin's counterstike is not going to help them much, as I don't have any ranged units. All melee, baby!

The map:

The match:

Round 1:
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2:
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3:
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4:
Spoiler Alert!

Round 5:
Spoiler Alert!

Round 6:
Spoiler Alert!

Round 7:
Spoiler Alert!

Round 8:
Spoiler Alert!

Round 9:
Spoiler Alert!

Hindsight:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; August 21st, 2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Added Online Tourney reports
Old April 13th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Filthy's Carnage Reports

Nice first report! The only thing I would suggest is to have more pics. They make these even more interesting.

Heh, Mrs. F may have won except for DWTS. =)

I hope you have some more come out! Do you know what map you will build next?

MegaSilver
Old April 13th, 2010, 04:37 PM

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Nice first report! The only thing I would suggest is to have more pics. They make these even more interesting.

Heh, Mrs. F may have won except for DWTS. =)

I hope you have some more come out! Do you know what map you will build next?

MegaSilver
Hey, thanks, MegaSilver! One caveat to more pictures is that wives just Looooovveeeee when you say "waitaminute, dear...I need to take another picture before you move again." That being said, I am sure that I can sneak some more snapshots in the mix.

As for maps, Turret Rocks is becoming pretty popular in the Filthy household. I have some other MS1-MS3 creations that I will add as well.

Cheers!
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post

Hey, thanks, MegaSilver! One caveat to more pictures is that wives just Looooovveeeee when you say "waitaminute, dear...I need to take another picture before you move again." That being said, I am sure that I can sneak some more snapshots in the mix.
Perhaps the number of pics you took was fine?

So long you keep it up with these battle reports, it's okay with me!

MegaSilver
Old April 13th, 2010, 06:01 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Nice report!

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old April 13th, 2010, 06:45 PM

Krizo is surprisingly tart

I love these picture reports!!!

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't.
Old April 13th, 2010, 09:02 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Why did you have Sonya?
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takanuva View Post
Why did you have Sonya?
Because she is 45 points of blood-sucking joy. In hindsight, I would have traded Sonya and the Air Elemental for another squad of PKs, or the Marro Warriors and a Chainfighter, or Zetacron.

And thanks, Kaiser. I would love to roll the Cat Tank with some PKs.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; April 13th, 2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Added options
Old April 22nd, 2010, 10:48 PM

Carnage Report - 2010-04-22

Filthy:

Torin
Guren-Oni
Stingers X2
Warden
Raelin V1
Chainfighter
535 points, 13 spaces

Anticipated Strategy: The plan is to have Stingers surround Torin and then go for height, With Gurei on the flank, as I anticipate WSG to attack up the middle. Hopefully, Evil Eye (and Raelin's aura) will keep the 10th from turning into a firing squad. Warden/Chain fighter in reserve.
Drafting Notes: We did a different version of the draft, where the winner of iniative got to choose 3 units at once. The Chainfighter was my last choice, as 1)he benefits from Guard Leadership, and 2)he might come in useful pulling 10th from height.

Doug:
Wo-So-Ga
Nagrubs X2
Theracus
Thorgrimm
10th x 3
540 points, 23 spaces

Anticipated Strategy: Get the 10th on height and try to pepper Filthy's crew with range, and hopefully not get bit by evil eye defense. Use WSG and grubs in reserve, but will probably need them to take out the cyclops and ogre.

Map: When the Levee Breaks

Round 1
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4:
Spoiler Alert!

Round 5:
Spoiler Alert!

Round 6
Spoiler Alert!

Round 7
Spoiler Alert!

Round 8
Spoiler Alert!

Round 9
Spoiler Alert!

Round 10:
Spoiler Alert!

Hindsight:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; April 22nd, 2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 01:57 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
And thanks, Kaiser. I would love to roll the Cat Tank with some PKs.
Ah, but Cattank is indestructible. So you would not need any PKs. If he had a card it would involve a "Cattank cannot be damaged or destroyed" ability.

Edit: Someone else made a magic the gathering card of Cattank. If you google "Cattank" you should find it.

Anyway, I found Gurie-Oni as a stand alone figure for a cheap price, and that's fine since him and Sujoah are the only figures in that set I want.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Last edited by Kaiser Cat; May 3rd, 2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old May 25th, 2010, 08:00 PM

Re: Filthy's Carnage Reports - Updated 2010-04-23

Carnage Report - 2010-05-24

Filthy:

Venoc Warlord
Brave Arrow
Raelin
Mohican River Tribe x2
Roman Legion x2
490 points, 17 spaces

Anticipated Strategy: The plan is to slow-roll the Romans forward, using the MRT on the flanks.
I want to send BA forward to grab a glyph, at least until the MRT/Romans can push forward to assist.

Doug:
Khosumet the Dark Lord
Anubian Wolves x2
Wolves of Badru x2
Me-Burq-Sa
Water Elemental x2
495 points, 17 spaces

Anticipated Strategy: Get the elementals in water, and then charge with the wolves.

Map: Riverbed Plateau

Map Download Link = http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2386
Disclaimer: I mistakenly placed the glyphs in the wrong locations.

Round 1
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4:
Spoiler Alert!

Round 5:
Spoiler Alert!

Round 6
Spoiler Alert!

Round 7
Spoiler Alert!

Round 8
Spoiler Alert!

Round 9
Spoiler Alert!

Hindsight:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; May 25th, 2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Typos, typos everywhere, and not a drop to drink!
Old June 26th, 2011, 05:17 PM

Re: Filthy's Carnage Reports - Updated 2011-02-08

Florida Frenzy 4.5 Battle Report

To recap, the tournament consisted of 470 points, with any ONE 100 point hero getting 1 extra defense die, Marvel allowed, and SoS hits for any ability used with bonding.

Army:
I have been wanting to use the Horned Skull Brutes/Goblin Cutters, so I set about play testing a variety different combinations. I also wanted to bring a ranged special attack along in the event of rats or opposing special attackers, so Heirloom fit the bill nicely at 90 points; plus, Force Orb special attack can target any figures that cluster around a cheerleader (such as Captain America, who was sure to make an appearance).

Total build:

Brutes x 3 225
Cutters x3 150
Heirloom 90
22 spaces, 465 points

Game 1
VS Dave (GGGgames)
Map Round the Outside by Killometer

Dave was running a Marvel hodge-podge with some firepower to boot: Captain America, Stingers x 2, Agent Carr (taking advantage of the +1 Defense boost), and Guilty. Of all the Marvel heroes, I feared the old Soldier the most, as his Shield Toss denies the Cutters' Scurry, and it can also punch through the defense of the Brutes. Unfortunately, there were at leaset 3 builds in the tourney featuring the Captain (more on that later). Dave and I squared off, with him leading off with Stingers and the Captain. I moved up Heirloom to grab a treasure glyph via Mage Hand (it was an attack glyph), and followed up with a Force Orb attack on a Captain cluster...Resulting in a couple of dead stingers. The Cutters moved out next, as Dave seemed to be intent on moving up his malicious Marro. I ended up trading 3 Cutters for 3 Stingers, moving up more Cutters in the process via Scurry.

I started moving up Brutes to mix it up with the Cutters, while Dave started dumping OMs on his Captain, taking out more Cutters and a Brute in the process. Heirloom finally dented the Captain with Force Orb, suffering a wound immediately afterwards. Counter Strike took its toll on my Brutes and Cutters, but I was finally able to finish off the Captain in Round 5. The Brutes were then able to weather some attacks from Carr, close and kill him, and then take out Guilty soon afterwards.

In the end, I was left with a squad of Cutters, 2 squads of Brutes, and a wounded Heirloom. As for the Captain, Counter Strike is TOUGH with any melee build. The Brutes have fair odds of avoiding Counter Strike with an unmodified attack; however, grabbing height is almost a necessity.

1-0

Game 2
VS Rennix
Map: Forgery by Game Bear

Rennix fielded a Special Attack-laden build: Q10, Cyprien, Sonya, and Kaemon Awa. Not a good army for the Brutes/Cutters duo, but the map featured plenty of road tiles and line of sight blockers which I used to advantage. Rennix won initiative (a recurring theme throughout the tourney; I think I won initiative maybe 5 times in all of my games) and moved up Cyprien to snatch a T glyph (disengage), while I moved out Heirloom and some Cutters to grab the remaining Glyph (Wind glyph--a great counter to Cyprien/Sonya, although Cyprien's new glyph helped to offset it a bit). I dumped OM 3 on Heirloom and managed to take out a lonely Sonya with a 3 skull Force Orb, definitely the start that I wanted!

I spent a few more OMs on the Cutters, taking advantage of their mobility to tie down Q10 and Cyprien as much as possible while I moved Heirloom and the Brutes; Cyprien got a few wounds from Cutters on height, but he quickly whittled down the damage with some tasty Goblin snack packs. Kaemon and Q10 punched some wounds into Heirloom, while I slowly moved up Brutes with Barge into Battle. The lava claimed my Goblin on the wind glyph, but luckily it also pushed a wound on the height-hunkered Q10. The big soulborg had a few more shots before falling, and I was able to lock Kaemon down with adjacent Cutters (and enticing Cyprien to stay put) until I could barge in with more Brutes.

On Round 7, I was able to take down Cyprien, and then take out Kaemon with a lucky Brute squad bashing. I lost all but 1 Cutter(they worked nicely as ugly rats, actually) a squad of Brutes, and Heirloom ended up with 3 wounds (he MIGHT have died this game; my notes are a bit hazy due to some friendly bantering and insult swapping), so Rennix extracted a pound of flesh and put up a fight over every hex of terrain (although, Kaemon flickered out like a chump ).

2-0

At this point, I was feeling good about the Brute/Cutter combo combined with Heirloom (who earned his points every game), as I faced two skilled opponents and managed to squeeze out victories against some tough builds.

Game 3
VS Mr Wookie
Map: Division by Kaiser Cat

MrWookie was sporting a husky build comprised of Venom, Zetacron, Stingers, Isamu, and an Iron Golem (adding +1 D to an already potent defense; in retrospect, I am a bit sketchy in regards to the points total of this build?). With a small map, there was sure to be carnage, so the plan was to move up Heirloom, snag a glyph and then attempt to bomb his start zone with explosive orbs. Unfortunately, Wookie must have been predicting this, because he loaded up OMs on Zetacron and sniped the warforged to dust within the first 2 turns.

I won initiative on Round 2, and moved up my Cutters, who were able to swarm Zeta and take him out with Mob Attack, leaving Wookie with no OMs for the remainder of the round (thanks, Wookie, for revealing your dead OMs ). I charged my goblins into his start zone, taking out 3 stingers in the process. Things were looking good for the Brute Squad! On the next round, Wookie tagged 2 cutters (Scurry denied him the opportunity to take out more than 1 a turn), while the cutter swarm landed 2 quick wounds on the stationary Golem...Things were looking even better, as I had Wookie's start zone flooded, allowing me some time to move up my Brutes for the kill.

At this stage in the game, lady luck left my side and swarmed to Wookie's waiting arms...In the form of a Marvel hero. Venom proceeded to dismantle my army, checking the Cutter tide, swinging in to crush lone Brutes (or web attack those that were adjacent to a Cutter), and avoiding death again and again. I was eventually able to land 4 wounds on the maniacal web slinger, but the 5th wound would just not come to fruition. My last Brute fell, and my final cutters, out of reach of Venom, made a desparate attempt to drop that final wound on the Golem in order to at least gain the kill points. However, Wookie's dice proved too resilient, and Venom swooped in to crush my last hope.

Nice win, Wookie, and way to keep your cool and rally for the victory.

2-1

Game 4
VS Randomskyfears
Map: Forgotten Highway by Retlaw

After saying a quick prayer to the dice gods, and taking a much needed margarita break, I squared off against Randomskyfears; both of us were 2 - 1, and a win was going to send one of us into the play-offs. Randomsky was sporting another nasty, Captain-backed build that had me mopping off sweat from my troubled brow: Captain America, Stingers x3, Marro Warriors (affectionately dubbed smurfs, due to their cool, blue paint job), and Marcu. Randomsky wasted no time in moving up captain-backed stingers, while I decided to take my chances with the Captain's shield and move up some cutters, losing 1 in the process. I started picking off some stingers with lone cutter charges, and then moved Brutes up, taking advantage of the jungle trees as much as possible. However, Randomsky was not having it, and he unleashed the Captain with a vengeance, easily killing 2 - 3 figures with each shield toss. The dice gods left the building, and my Brutes could not roll skulls (or shields) to save their lives. Luckily, Heirloom was able to force orb a couple of stingers and put some wounds on the captain before eventually succumbing to stinger blasts. When the dust cleared, the captain and 5 stingers lay dead...Along with the rest of my tattered army.

I would like to blame the loss on the dice, but great play on Random's part, mixed with some of my own mistakes, earned a telling victory for him. Afterwards, we discussed how leading off with Heirloom would have been a better move. Randomskyfears went on to win the tournament (and the $50 grand prize; see? The game does indeed pay! with a 5-1 record (if I am correct, the only loss involved losing Captain A to a dust-dealing Red Skull), using his Marro Warriors to pick away at Wookie's Golem and Marcu, Guevara-style, in an exciting final that had the crowd gasping and cheering.

Great game and tournament win, Randomsky!

2-2

Game 5
Pete (GGGames)
Map: Division by Kaiser Cat

Like myself, Pete was thirsty for a final win, and he definitely had the army and skill to do it: Thanos, Morsbane, and Isamu. Pete had wielded Morsbane to great effect in earlier games; luckily, my squad-heavy army did not fear his negation attempts (although he did end up negating Heirloom). As strong as Thanos is, the Brutes/Goblins offer some protection to his potent attacks: since he only wields a normal attack, slicing through cutters keeps a steady supply of their numbers moving up via Scurry; Brutes can also surround the marvel baddie, swapping out cutters for any damage received.

On to the game: Pete flew up Thanos to grab a healing potion, while Heirloom tripped the trap, taking a wound, and stood helplessly by while Thanos smacked him for 2 more wounds. I quickly swarmed the big T with cutters; Pete took 4 leaving engagements, resulting in 3 quick wounds. However, his healing potion was put to good use. I kept a steady supply of cutters engaged to Thanos and was then able to sneak a couple of the speedy goblins into his start zone to start picking away at Morsbane. As Thanos blasted away cutters one at a time, I started moving up Brutes via Barge, whittling away at Thanos while I also juggled OMs on his start zone.

With Thanos tied up, I was able to move up Hierloom via the road and start force orbing Morsbane, causing Isamu to vanish in the process. Pete responded by dumping some OMs on his other units. Luckily, Heirloom weathered an attack from the little red ninja, granting him the gift of death the next turn. The dice gods finally returned to my Brutes, and I was able to take out Thanos, leaving Pete with a 4 life Morsbane, who killed an adjacent cutter and negated Heirloom. I cornered the elf with Heirloom, and there were 3 breathless turns as Pete rolled for Rejected by Death (which he hit in earlier games) while my OM-laced Brutes scrambled to reach out and crush the elf. Fortunately, I was able to eradicate the elf before he could summon Thanos, and I readily claimed the win. Pete played a great game, destroying 8 cutters and a brute in the process (without expendable rabble, Pete would have given my brutes a woodshed beating).

Fun game, Pete!

3-2

I ended up in 5th place, winning a D3 booster (Heroes of Fallcrest); I won another booster for having the strongest SoS (Icewind Scourge...Hello MoTH and Ice Troll, yeah!), and I received a final booster for travelling the farthest distance(435 miles, and D2- Ogre and Goblins, finally grabbing a fourth squad of Cutters).

Aftermath:
What I learned about the Brutes/Cutters -

I am not going to lie: for me, playing this duo was mentally taxing over the course of 5 games, as one has to be constantly aware of Cutter/Brute placement. Mistakes are always harmful, but they seem to get amplified in a Brute/Cutter army. That being said, the Brute squad is definitely a powerful build; true, it fears multi-special attackers, but when coupled with a strong hero, it gets a nice insurance policy (although the captain will always give shivers, to be sure). As for the Cutter/Brute ratio, I condone the fielding of at least 3 squads of brutes, as their numbers will allow you to weather some bad rolls when Expendable Rabble cannot be used. Still, the 2-brute squad/4 cutter squad mix (coupled with someone like Kaemon or the hydra) would have given me much better chances of wounding beefy marvel heroes, negating the Captain's Counter Strike, and helping to level out the bad dice rolls in general.

Regardless, it was a fun day of gaming with an excellent group, and it was great seeing some seldom-used units in play (Pelloth/Drow, Roman Archers, Seige, and even the Red Skull).

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; June 26th, 2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Punctuation cleansing

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports