Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old March 24th, 2010, 10:01 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Assassins' Guild: West Chester, PA Tournament July 17 2010

I've gotten the green light from Games Keep in West Chester, PA to hold a Heroscape event on July 17. Games Keep is a great store with a lot of table space and a great selection of games, including 'scape. The owner, Karl, has built up a regular customer base for 'scape and is happy to provide space for us.

929 S High St
West Chester, PA 19382

484 905-5533

Google Maps is normally reliable for directions to GK, but there is a small detour because of construction work in the area. It's a minor inconvenience and won't add more than a few minutes if you know where to go. I've pasted the following from Games Keep's most recent newsletter:
Quote:
High Street Exit Closures: For anyone stopping in from out of town, please keep in mind that the High Street Exit off of 202 South and the ramp to get onto 202 North from High Street have been closed for construction. I have no idea how long they’re going to be closed, but it looks like it will be a while. Travel on 202 North is unhampered. If coming in on 202 South, your 2 best options are as follows:
1.) Turn right at the light at Matlack Street (light is just before the High Street exit). Turn left at Snyder Avenue and then another left onto High Street.
2.) Continue following 202 South past the High Street exit, following the detour signs. Bear right at the wrap-around at Skiles Boulevard. Turn left at the light to get back on 202 North. Keep straight to enter West Chester on High Street rather than follow 202 North.

Format:
Five round Swiss, 50 minute matches. For army construction, let's shake things up a bit. This will be a new format that I'm calling Assassins' Guild. 500 points, and each army must include at least one unique (not uncommon) hero of 100 points or more (no Marvel, sorry). At the beginning of the event, each player will designate one unique hero of at least 100 pts as the Commander of his or her forces. A player achieves victory by assassinating his or her opponent's Commander - once that figure is destroyed, the game immediately ends and points are awarded to the winner based on the point value of the Commander plus the point value of the opponent’s figures remaining on the board. Maximum points can be achieved by eliminating the opponent’s commander without causing damage to any of his or her other figures. However, a win is still a win - standings will be based first on win/loss record and second on scenario points.

Time:
Setup will begin at 12 noon, with the first match at 1pm.

Entrance Fee / Prizes
: There will be a small entrance fee of $5 which will go entirely towards store credit to be distributed among the winners. I'm choosing to go this route to offer support for Games Keep as Karl is generously allowing us to take over his store for an afternoon. If the fee is a problem for anyone please pm me and we can work something out.

Maps:

Grendel by mad_wookiee - provided by mad_wookiee

Quasatch Playground by mad_wookiee - provided by johngee

Jungle Wall by Tom - provided by johngee

Derelict by Jexik - provided by mikelizzio

Flash Fire by Dignan - provided by mikelizzio

Blackroot by mad_wookiee - provided by mad_wookiee

Kodiak by mad_wookiee - provided by mad_wookiee

Ignition by dignan - provided by mad_wookiee

Burial Marsh by panopticon - provided by fallow

Embattled Fen by gamebear - provided by fallow

Glyphs:
All maps with unspecified glyphs will use power side up Treasure glyphs, randomly drawn from the following list:
  • Heroic Rune
  • Talisman of Defense
  • Potion of Healing
  • Elixir of Speed
  • Ring of Protection
  • Whetstone of Venom
Embattled Fen will use Wannok as specified in the instructions. Ignition will use two glyphs of Rannveig instead of the glyphs of Valda specified.

Attendees:

1. Mad_wookiee (Grendel, Kodiak, Blackroot, Ignition)
2. Son of mad_wookiee
3. Tom
4. clancampbell
5. Johngee (Quasatch Playground, Jungle Wall)
6. spidysox
7. lil miss spidysox
8. northgate
9. friend of northgate
10. BobGrant
11. mikelizzio (Derelict, Flash Fire)
12. fallow (Burial Marsh, Embattled Fen)
13. grunttactics
14. dolan

Possible:
1. peteparkerh
2. King of Blanks

Please post any questions or comments in this thread so that everyone can see the response. Thanks!

Last edited by mad_wookiee; August 4th, 2010 at 12:57 AM. Reason: updated attendees
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:35 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: West Chester, PA Tournament - July 17 2010

I am a Heroscape junky, so please put me down as an attendee! I like the format. It is kind of like DragonWars. I am also good for a couple of maps.
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:40 PM

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

I was hoping you'd be available. I was thinking of Dragon Wars when I was working on the format but I wanted something to shake up the metagame in a different way. This is a format where I could actually see Agent Carr being useful.
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:23 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Well, another tourny in the area! Nice! I can't say yes or no right now, so put me in as possible. I won't really know till we get closer to the date. I am expecting a lot of Saturday work during the summer, but I don't know yet.

Love the format too, should be fun.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Put me down as possible as well. Our VBS (which I'm in charge of a big chunk) is that week ending Thursday.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can add myself and Xanth to the list.

The format is interesting. Will the non-winning player have a way of scoring points or is it winner take all?

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old March 27th, 2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
You can add myself and Xanth to the list.

The format is interesting. Will the non-winning player have a way of scoring points or is it winner take all?
I'm thinking winner take all - the current scoring system is that the winner starts at 500 points and subtracts points for each non-Leader figure that they eliminate. This is on top of the normal 2-1-0 for win-draw-loss. I'm open to feedback though if anyone has suggestions or comments.
Old March 27th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Feel free to put us down as a maybe, summer plans being still up in the air. Format looks very interesting.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:32 PM

Sounds good. I know it's a long time to plan ahead but I wanted to make sure I could reserve the date with Games Keep - they have regular Magic and D&D events and are starting to get into Warhammer, not to mention hosting the Eastern PA Gaming Society on a monthly basis. Hope to see you there!
Old March 31st, 2010, 01:49 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Put me down also as a POSSIBLE attendee, I've got nothing on my calendar for that weekend YET, but Mrs. Gee might having something planned that I don't know about... and four months away, gosh - a lot can happen between now and then.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old April 25th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

I mihgt be interested mad wookie, but could you give me the address of the store so I can run a mapquest. That will ultimately decide if I will be able to make it. A 2 hr drive is probably the limit. (seeing how I have to get a ride) But I am definately interested.

DragonSlayer2

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old April 25th, 2010, 10:22 AM

No problem - it's @ 929 S High St. in West Chester.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events