Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 20th, 2007, 10:17 AM

Darconus has disabled reputation
The beast that is Kee-Mo-Shi

Alright, so we finally got wave 6 here, it had never shown up in North Georgia, so we bought it from Indiana I think. You'd have to ask Khanbob42, he found it. Anyway, we playtested the figures Sunday night, and I was the first to use Kee-Mo-Shi (hereon known as KMS.)

KMS is an absolute beast. Khanbob was playing the Gilbert army, (Sir Gilbert, 2 knights, 2 4th Mass, and Sentinels.) I had KMS, Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa, Marro Warriors, and 2 deathreavers.) We tied up in the middle of a simple two-player map I had built, but I kind of suckered Khanbob into leaving Gilbert open. I moved KMS in, tried to mind shackle, which failed. Then I attacked and landed three wounds with one attack, and then I got to toxic skin Gilbert, two sentinels, and a knight.

I know this kinda sounds like a battle report, but my point is this: How freakin' awesome is KMS?!?!?!?!?

I think I have a new favorite figure, especially if I can work out some good synergies within Utgar. What do you, the reader's at home think?
Old March 20th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You gotta get Guerillinator in here. He immediately saw the potential with Kee-Mo-Shi when we took Wave 6 for its initial ride.
The idea of attempting three 'attacks' in one turn is indeed powerful.
He utilizes Ornak to bond with Brunak carrying K-M-S. Give that combo a try!
It's not fun let me tell you, to be on the receiving end of that army!!!
Old March 20th, 2007, 10:56 AM

heroscapewanabchamp has disabled reputation
You know KMS hasen't worked i dont know if i advance
her to quicky but she just gets picked off then a melee figure, cuts
her into a million peices.

If you dont have a ps3........... buy one.
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:19 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
I love Kee Mo Shi. I have no luck with her. The ranged units tear me to shreds when using her. This is pretty much the trend with my posts, if anyone has noticed. I rarely have good luck. I can't say never because I did one time do Ne Gok Sa's Mind Shackle four times in one game. TRUE! But Kee Mo Shi has shown me no love yet. Looking for the good strategy.
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:36 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Something I've seen that's pretty cool is using Kee-Mo-Shi with Theracus and Su-Bak-Na. Basically, Theracus carries Kee-Mo-Shi as far as possible, dumps her off, and then the Marro witch does as much damage as possible before dying. It's not the most effective, but it's pretty fun and can actually do quite well sometimes. You might get 3 or more chances to Mind Shackle with her, and with an 18 or higher, the odds aren't completely terrible.
Old March 20th, 2007, 02:45 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I do enjoy the combo of Ornak with KMS. For another Utgar hero, I'll often add Brunak or SuBakNa or both. SBN increases the likelihood of both of her powers by 5%, which ain't too shabby. SBN has very little staying power though.

What I do with this is use Ornak each round to activate two heroes....I start with a Brunak/KMS rush, then move onto using SBN to mop up once KMS falls, having kept him out of danger in the back lines long enough to boost everybody by that wonderful 5%. I fill out the army with Marrden Hounds (assuming the map is big enough to keep them away from my guys) or Marro Drones. Other support figures, range, or unusual counters can be added as needed.
Old March 20th, 2007, 03:19 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
The first time my playgroup tested Kee-Mo-Shi, I happened to kill her during the first round with braxas' acid breath. We haven't used her much since, since she seems to be a pretty expensive melee unit who you have to keep away from your own army. I'm sure we'll give her another try, but I find her 130 points better used elsewhere.
Old March 20th, 2007, 03:20 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
KMS is a unit with average stats and awesome powers. Her biggest weakness is her staying power. I especially like the idea of using Ornak. It kinda gives you the option to advance KMS +1, (or with Brunak: Brunak carrying KMS +1), and hide her wherever you can until she can effectively engage enemies. But at the same time, if you use orcs, you can move Ornak up, (to keep him in range of his chosen Utgarian Heroes), and advance the Gruts/Heavies to occupy your opponents ranged or oncoming melee forces. The key is to keep her in the wing until the right time to strike.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old March 20th, 2007, 05:21 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
In my last tournament my opponents had KMS, my Nilfheim killed her in either 1 or 2 attacks, she died extremely quickly
Old March 20th, 2007, 05:37 PM

Darconus has disabled reputation
She survived a while against Jandar. What I like is the total number of attacks you can pull off. I'm not saying KMS is the best, by a long shot. But she's definitely one of my new faves.
Old March 20th, 2007, 06:03 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
The idea of attempting three 'attacks' in one turn is indeed powerful.
Never thought of it that way before. Interesting.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 20th, 2007, 07:03 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
With Su-Bak-Na and the +1 to your die roll glyph (forgot what it's called) all you need is a 17 for mind shackle. The first time I fought her (and the only time) she put up a good fight. Plus ranged figures shouldn't be a problem because she has 7 move, so she can catch up to the ranged figures(most of them), engage them, attack them, and then use Toxic Skin to clean up what's left.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units