Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old October 9th, 2007, 10:11 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Bad traders thread

Okay, there was a brief discussion in the trading thread about the creation of a "Bad Traders" thread that members could use to warn the community about other members who failed to live up to their end of a trade or deal. Me and another member mentioned in the trading thread that we were being taken advantage of by other members and asked for advice on how to handle the situation. Here's a link to the relevant area of the thread:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=asc&start=900

Anyway, since the opinion of those who replied with advice was to give the offender a chance to fulfill their end of the deal, and then name them publicly if they passed up the second chance, I'm starting this thread as a place for people who've been screwed over to warn others away from the traders who screwed them.

My situation:

I was PM'd on 8/24 by Scape Scrub11, who noticed from my profile that I worked at a comic store. He asked if I could pick up a couple of recent comics for him. I agreed, bought them at my store and notified Scape Scrub11, saying I would send them out as soon as he sent me money for them (which, incidentally, was cover price + $2 shipping). He agreed, asking me to send him my email address so he could get me the money through PayPal. I did, and waited. On 8/29 he PM'd me to tell me that he'd be using his friend's PayPal account and would get me the money that afternoon. No money. Later that week he told me his friend had been sick. No problem, I said, just keep me posted.

A week later I PM'd him for info and he said he'd contact his buddy. By 9/19, after prodding from me, he said his friend would pay me while at work. Needless to say, it didn't happen. Finally, he PM'd me to send him my mailing address so he could send me the money himself, which I did. He promised to send it out 9/21. By 9/29, not having received it, I contacted him and got a reply that he had sent out $8 in cash "a day or two ago." After giving the post office a couple more days I contacted him again, saying that if I didn't receive the money (that had supposedly been sent out the last week in September) by 10/6 I would take action by naming him publicly on these boards, which he agreed was my only choice. I didn't receive the money on 10/6, or yesterday, 10/8, for that matter, so here I am.

I really hate having to start a negative thread like this, but I'm afraid this sort of information would get lost in a "Good Traders" thread that is currently 60+ pages long. If anyone else has similar stories, feel free to post them here so that others don't get taken advantage of.
Old October 9th, 2007, 10:48 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
On another forum, we have an Ombudsman to handle issues that arise between the members of the forum and vendors. Maybe we could have an Ombudsman to handle inter-forum issues such as trades and sales. There could be a seperate forum catagory for these issues. And any posts to that forum would have to be made in a civil manner with factual data only. No accusations, no trash talking.

Or we can stick with Caveat Emptor. Which also works.

My
Old October 9th, 2007, 11:58 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think we should stick with Caveat Emptor. I think it's just as important to name the bad traders as it is the good. That way people know who to avoid when trading. I don't think having any one person being the community trade delegate is such a great idea here.
Old October 9th, 2007, 12:47 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
I think we should stick with Caveat Emptor. I think it's just as important to name the bad traders as it is the good. That way people know who to avoid when trading. I don't think having any one person being the community trade delegate is such a great idea here.
Yeah, you may be right. The Ombudsman on the other forum is strictly for issues with non-forum vendors.

I just thought I'd throw it out there.
Old October 14th, 2007, 09:08 AM

Talos is surprisingly tart
I was wondering if this would be an appropriate place to list Bad eBay sellers specializing in Heroscape. I've just had the most appalling eBay transaction since 1999 and would not like to see anyone else similarly burned.

If there is a more appropriate place, could someone point me to it?

Thanks

Cheers,
Talos

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin
Old October 14th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Talos, this seems like as good a place as any.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old October 14th, 2007, 03:18 PM

On the 29th of September I won an auction for a set of 5 flagbearers on eBay. I paid for the set immediately and requested the optional insurance to be added, at a $3.30 extra charge.

I received the parcel on the 9th of October, and found only 3 of the 5 FBs had been sent, the empty space in the box was filled up with cardboard tube cut into two sections. Insurance was NOT paid for on the parcel.

Contacted the seller, greencrusader1, who was belligerent from his first reply which came a day and a half after I contacted him. He accused me of deceit and insisted that he sent the set of 5.

6 wasted days of email and dispute resolution through PayPal, and I've escalated the dispute to a claim for the value of the two missing FBs and part of the postage and the insurance charge, which he never paid when he sent the parcel.

He now attests that insurance is included in Priority Mail International so paying extra is not necessary, but still offered it. I checked the online mail payment system and insurance is available for $3.30.

He has blamed everyone but himself for the packing error, but backed off on blaming Australia Post when I said I would forward his allegations of mail fraud to them.

The box was sealed and no sign of tampering was evident.

I have a witness to the fact that the set was incomplete on arrival.

He sent me a photo proving that he has plenty of FBs to sell. If anybody is having a hard time finding them, it is probably because this guy has cleared out every store in his area. He has dozens of them piled up!

Very definitely a seller to avoid at all costs. I will update this post when the PayPal claim is finalised.

Cheers,
Talos

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin
Old October 14th, 2007, 03:37 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm sure he is either a member of these boards or someone who lurks on them. I'll be sure to avoid his name if I see it on E-Bay Talos. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old October 14th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Bad traders thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Okay, there was a brief discussion in the trading thread about the creation of a "Bad Traders" thread that members could use to warn the community about other members who failed to live up to their end of a trade or deal. Me and another member mentioned in the trading thread that we were being taken advantage of by other members and asked for advice on how to handle the situation. Here's a link to the relevant area of the thread:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=asc&start=900

Anyway, since the opinion of those who replied with advice was to give the offender a chance to fulfill their end of the deal, and then name them publicly if they passed up the second chance, I'm starting this thread as a place for people who've been screwed over to warn others away from the traders who screwed them.

My situation:

I was PM'd on 8/24 by Scape Scrub11, who noticed from my profile that I worked at a comic store. He asked if I could pick up a couple of recent comics for him. I agreed, bought them at my store and notified Scape Scrub11, saying I would send them out as soon as he sent me money for them (which, incidentally, was cover price + $2 shipping). He agreed, asking me to send him my email address so he could get me the money through PayPal. I did, and waited. On 8/29 he PM'd me to tell me that he'd be using his friend's PayPal account and would get me the money that afternoon. No money. Later that week he told me his friend had been sick. No problem, I said, just keep me posted.

A week later I PM'd him for info and he said he'd contact his buddy. By 9/19, after prodding from me, he said his friend would pay me while at work. Needless to say, it didn't happen. Finally, he PM'd me to send him my mailing address so he could send me the money himself, which I did. He promised to send it out 9/21. By 9/29, not having received it, I contacted him and got a reply that he had sent out $8 in cash "a day or two ago." After giving the post office a couple more days I contacted him again, saying that if I didn't receive the money (that had supposedly been sent out the last week in September) by 10/6 I would take action by naming him publicly on these boards, which he agreed was my only choice. I didn't receive the money on 10/6, or yesterday, 10/8, for that matter, so here I am.

I really hate having to start a negative thread like this, but I'm afraid this sort of information would get lost in a "Good Traders" thread that is currently 60+ pages long. If anyone else has similar stories, feel free to post them here so that others don't get taken advantage of.
OK here's where we have a problem... You have publicly accused somebody of something that could and should ruin their reputation around here... But where's your proof, and how do we know if somebody is accusing another truthfully? What if one member is angry at another and wants to make trouble for them by accusing them of being a bad trader. It is against our forum policy to publicly accuse somebody of something without proof.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 14th, 2007, 04:14 PM

Just so we can set some groundrules here GB, if we can substantiate a claim of bad trading with emails, PayPal records etc, is it OK to go ahead with a post here? I can see your point that it could be abused , but if used with care it could be an invaluable resource.

Cheers,
Talos

- George Carlin
Old October 14th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos
Just so we can set some groundrules here GB, if we can substantiate a claim of bad trading with emails, PayPal records etc, is it OK to go ahead with a post here? I can see your point that it could be abused , but if used with care it could be an invaluable resource.
Well, if I had my way, a bad trader would receive a banning from our site as they were guilty of harming one of our members. If somebody could prove that a person is a bad trader I would consider working on that ban.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Bad traders thread

SonlenTheBeast is a bad trader.

Timeline:

February 17th, 2009, 08:56 PM
SonlenTheBeast

Re: Gladiatrons...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonlenTheBeast
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey there,
I have Arrow Gs, Blade Gs, and Venocs.

I'd like some Gladiatrons. What would you like to trade? I've got 1x of each.

I would like to trade 2 Gladies for all 3 but i doubt you will do that

I'd prefer all 3 for 2 gladies and 1 blasty.

I'd do that, do you have a squad of romans Legionnaires for the other Blastie, if you want it

How about 1x Blasties + 1xGladies for 1x Archer Gruts + 1x Blade Gruts

That I will do

-------------------------------

February 19th, 2009, 06:23 AM
SonlenTheBeast

Quote:
Okay -

You send 1x Gladiatrons (4) and 1x Blastatrons (4) + 2 cards

AND

I send 1x Blade Gruts (4) and 1x Arrow Gruts (3) + 2 cards.

<My Name And Addy (removed for my protection)>
Thanks!

I will send it out this weekend

<His Name And Addy (removed for his protection)>

------------------------

February 23rd, 2009, 06:26 AM
SonlenTheBeast

Quote:
Okay -

AND

<Addy Removed>

Thanks!

We are still doing the trade right. I have the blstatrons and the gladatrons packed up. Its just that I haven't heard from you and I was planing on sending them today.

--------------------------
February 23rd, 2009, 08:27 AM
SuperflyTNT

Quote:
Quote:
Okay -

AND

<Addy Removed>

Thanks!

We are still doing the trade right. I have the blstatrons and the gladatrons packed up. Its just that I haven't heard from you and I was planing on sending them today.

Yessir, I thought it was settled. I'll await your package.Thanks!

--------------------------

March 2nd, 2009, 06:40 PM
SonlenTheBeast

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Okay -

AND

<Addy Removed>

Thanks!

Hey there, I haven't seen anything from you yet. Do you have a tracking number or anything?

Thanks!
Pete

I sent them a while ago? I hope they got dident get lost, the tracking # is some where, luckly if they got lost, I will send you the other set of them.

You will get your blast and gladies dont worry

-----------------------------------
March 2nd, 2009, 07:21 PM
SuperflyTNT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Okay -

AND

<addy removed>

Thanks!

Hey there, I haven't seen anything from you yet. Do you have a tracking number or anything?

Thanks!
Pete

I sent them a while ago? I hope they got dident get lost, the tracking # is some where, luckly if they got lost, I will send you the other set of them.

I've never had anything go missing here yet; you sent 'em so they'll show up. Just get me the trax when you find it (it's printed on the receipt from the PX) and we'll go from there.

Cheers,
Pete

--------AND THE LAST CORRESPONDENCE THAT I SENT......

March 10th, 2009, 10:26 PM
SuperflyTNT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Okay -

AND

<Addy Removed>
Thanks!

Thanks!
Pete

Hey there, I'm still waiting for that tracking number, and I haven't seen anything from you. If you forgot to send them, or you just decided against trading after we agreed, it's cool, just let me know so I'm not waiting around.

Thanks!
pete
_______________END COMMUNICATIONS_______________

Well, in 8 years or so of online trading and ebaying, this is the first time I've had this problem ever, and I really hesitate to even post this, but I feel that this is protecting someone else who might have sent theirs first and then got shafted. So, here it is.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Last edited by SuperflyTNT; March 17th, 2009 at 10:16 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online