Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
NE Ohio NHSD 2009

UPDATE: See official Thread Here for current info!

Original (Modified) Post [Not currently applicable - for reference only]

Hi,

I have never attended or planned a Heroscape tournament, but would be be willing to do one. I know about 15+ people who would play in the Cleveland/Kent/Akron area, and we could always look for more people. I can look at the resources on the site for organizing and running tournaments, but would like input and help from anyone who would be willing to attend.

Here is my 2nd attempt at preliminary details on the tournament:

WHEN:
Saturday, October 17th, 2009
10am-11:30am: Registration & Set-up
11:30am-12:30: Round 1
12:30-1pm: Lunch (Potluck)
1pm-6pm: Tournament
6pm-7pm: Dinner (Pizza), prizes, clean up
7 pm-?: More HS for fun, maybe bonfire or othr activity for those who choose to stick around.

WHERE: (TBD)
Need to find location to fit 15+ Maps/tables in the South Side of Cleveland (I know 30+ people in Geauga County & Kent). Anyone with suggestions or places to volunteer in the area post here. Should have a place by mid-September

SCENARIOS:
Each round have different set of rules/scenarios/point cost, but all tables play by same set in each round.
For all rounds, tournament-style draft of armies with random starting point value done by adding starting base points + 5 * 20-sided die roll (i.e. for first round, if 7 was rolled, points would be 300 + 5 * 7= 335, which would be the point value for all players at all tales that round.

Round 1:
  • 2 player game
  • NO Customs or Marvel Figures, Repaints of Exclusives OK &, but no Proxies, only two of each common squad/hero allowed
  • Official rules, no glyphs
  • 350 + random point draft (355-450)
Round 2:
  • 2 Player game
  • NO Customs or Marvel Figures, Repaints of Exclusives OK, but no Proxies, only three of each common squad/hero allowed
  • House rule of X marker is 4th order marker to be used at anytime (everyone I know plays exclusively with this rule), glyphs
  • 550 + random point draft (555-650)
Round 3:
  • 2 Player Game
  • All figures allowed, including Customs (TNT & NM24 Only), Marvel, proxies, only two of each common squad/hero allowed
  • House rule above, no glyphs
  • 800 + random point draft (805-900)
Round 4:
  • 2-Person per Team, 2 Team Game
  • NO Customs or Marvel Figures, Repaints of Exclusives OK &, but no Proxies, only three of each common squad/hero allowed
  • Official rules, glyphs
  • 450 + random point draft (455-550)
Final Round:
  • 2 Person Game
  • NO Customs or Marvel Figures, Repaints of Exclusives OK, but no Proxies
  • Players decide rules, Scenario
  • 500 + random point draft (505-600)
MAPS: TBD
I need suggestions for maps. I think some official ones, some Heroscapers proven ones (Debate: Should we also include one made on the spot for those who show up early for final round to have a better challenge?)

PRIZES:
A 2009 NEOH NHSD Trophy or Medallion!
(TBD) Prize Support from WotC and/or HSers.com vendors
(TBD) Gift Certificates or Unopened Sets, to be given out as:
~40% of all entry fees to the winner
~30% of all entry fees to the 2nd place runner up
~20% of all entry fees to the 3rd place runner up
~10% of all entry fees to the 4th place runner up

COST:
$5 for buy-in. I suggest keep it low, as focus will be on fun playing not winning $$$/sets.

ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE:
If you live in the Northeast Ohio area (or would be willing to travel for a day) please let me know. I would gladly take input on any part of the tournament, so keep an eye here for any changes and more information as it comes along.

Last edited by lefton4ya; August 31st, 2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Added official thread link

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day