Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 6th, 2008, 11:16 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
Central IL NHSD Tournament Official Thread

Central IL NHSD "D-List" Tournament
Location: Mahomet Area Community Center (click on link for map -- you may need to zoom out a bit to get an idea of where it is)
http://mahomet.recdesk.com//recdeskp...?FacilityID=11
Cost: $4 (to cover facility charge and some prizes)
Date/Time: October 19th, 12 - 4:30 PM
Tournament Organization: Swiss Style Tournament, DCI, 540 point armies, Only official Heroscape units (no marvel or customs) All Armies must include one army card from the D+, D, D-, or F categories based on Spider Poison's Power Rankings: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=6171
Prizes: Skahens, flagbearers, Ice Terrain set, and others.

Attendance: 10 confirmed (Let me know through Pm or post here if you are going to the peoria gig instead! We've lost several to Peoria, but we are still on!)

This is all official and set in stone. Bring your own armies, army cards, dice, order markers and anything else.

Maps will include Mole Hills Jungle Edition, Jungle swamp road, Winter Holdout, and Ember Canyon Road, (perhaps others).

Last edited by playa1; October 17th, 2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old September 6th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Central IL NHSD Tournament Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa1 View Post
Okay, I did not want to post anything official until I got a location secured. I know there are probably FLGS in Bloomington and Springfield who might be accomodating, but I found nothing in Champaign-Urbana. If I am running it, it needs to be very close to me.

Mahomet Area Community Center in Mahomet IL is a great place for this event. It has plenty of free parking, Free Wi-Fi access, tables and chairs for approximately 30-40 people. Mahomet is about 10 min West of Champaign-Urbana and Route 47 and Route 150 literally pass right through the town. It has a decent number of good places to eat, including two pizza places, a McDonalds, An Arby's, Subway, and a fantastic Mexican Restauraunt called Los Zarappas. It also has two very delicious Chinese Restaurants.

The Tourney will be 12-4:30 on October 19th. You could come into town early to eat. Food is welcome in the Community Center as well, but nothing will be served. Bring your own drinks (no alcohol permitted -- hey, it's a Sunday!). I will need a small entrance fee to cover the overhead on the building. $4 per person should allow me extra funds to buy some additional prizes. I will be offering at least one of my own Skahens.

I've gotten some feedback on the specifics of the tourney. I'm liking 540 points. I would like to allow Marvel Figs, but I've gotten mixed reactions. Let me know what you think! I would like to add something to make it different and encourage a greater variety of units -- perhaps something like every army needs to include something off Spider Poison's Ratings list with a D+ or lower. Please give some input here or PM me. I plan on using some of the maps from GenCon '08, but I will need a volunteer or two to come a little ealry to set up boards. I can only set up 3-4 of my own. We'll need 6-8 total. Thanks, I hope this works for everyone. Let me know here if you have any change in plans or if you have gotten more players.
Please avoid mixing Marvel with core Heroscape. The official tourney rules should be released soon and the mixing of the two will not be part of the initial sanctioned line-up.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 6th, 2008, 11:39 PM

chugeo Woo who?

i am not a big fan of marvel but it doesnt matter to me as this will be my first outing anyway
Old September 6th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Everything sounds great so far! Keep up the good work.

As far as the Marvel controversy (and I am a little biased), my vote stands with allowing it until the games are officially separated. In all reality, I doubt that many people will have success with Marvel anyway or even choose an army including Marvel characters. Just because it forces a different style of play from the "norm" it not a reason to exclude them. Either way I am happy to be able to play in a tourny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old September 7th, 2008, 11:44 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Okay, I did not want to post anything official until I got a location secured. I know there are probably FLGS in Bloomington and Springfield who might be accomodating, but I found nothing in Champaign-Urbana. If I am running it, it needs to be very close to me.

Mahomet Area Community Center in Mahomet IL is a great place for this event. It has plenty of free parking, Free Wi-Fi access, tables and chairs for approximately 30-40 people. Mahomet is about 10 min West of Champaign-Urbana and Route 47 and Route 150 literally pass right through the town. It has a decent number of good places to eat, including two pizza places, a McDonalds, An Arby's, Subway, and a fantastic Mexican Restauraunt called Los Zarappas. It also has two very delicious Chinese Restaurants.

The Tourney will be 12-4:30 on October 19th. You could come into town early to eat. Food is welcome in the Community Center as well, but nothing will be served. Bring your own drinks (no alcohol permitted -- hey, it's a Sunday!). I will need a small entrance fee to cover the overhead on the building. $4 per person should allow me extra funds to buy some additional prizes. I will be offering at least one of my own Skahens.

I've gotten some feedback on the specifics of the tourney. I'm liking 540 points. I would like to allow Marvel Figs, but I've gotten mixed reactions. Let me know what you think! I would like to add something to make it different and encourage a greater variety of units -- perhaps something like every army needs to include something off Spider Poison's Ratings list with a D+ or lower. Please give some input here or PM me. I plan on using some of the maps from GenCon '08, but I will need a volunteer or two to come a little ealry to set up boards. I can only set up 3-4 of my own. We'll need 6-8 total. Thanks, I hope this works for everyone. Let me know here if you have any change in plans or if you have gotten more players.
Please avoid mixing Marvel with core Heroscape. The official tourney rules should be released soon and the mixing of the two will not be part of the initial sanctioned line-up.
Marvel kills the synergy of classic, with the one exception of Captain America. Besides it's National Heroscape Day not National Marvel/Heroscape Day
Old September 7th, 2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtenor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:

Marvel kills the synergy of classic, with the one exception of Captain America. Besides it's National Heroscape Day not National Marvel/Heroscape Day
Dilemma solved! Marvel is out.

And by the way, precise directions will eventually be PM'd to all of those who have already agreed to attend. Just give me some more time.
Old September 7th, 2008, 03:17 PM

briaka knows what's in an order marker briaka knows what's in an order marker

Although I like Marvel (and wish there were more of them), it probably would be best to leave them out of NHSD tournies. Regarding maps - I have 3 MS I can build from if you need.
I like the idea of a quirk in every army. Where do I find that grading list again?

Other quirks:
each army must include :
one winged non-dragon/
one dragon/
one figure from each general (- Mr. WooHoo)/
one figure from each grade level (ABCD&F)/
all large or huge figures/

Do. Or do not. There is no I don't wanna.
Old September 7th, 2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briaka View Post
Although I like Marvel (and wish there were more of them), it probably would be best to leave them out of NHSD tournies. Regarding maps - I have 3 MS I can build from if you need.
I like the idea of a quirk in every army. Where do I find that grading list again?

Other quirks:
each army must include :
one winged non-dragon/
one dragon/
The link to the "Power Rankings" is here

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=6171

Your ideas are cool. I was thinking of having at least one unit in each army from the D+, D, D-, or F list just to force experienced players to get more creative and to encourage units typically not seen in tournaments. If experienced players are forced to build their army around Dund or Acolahr, I think it would make the tournament interesting. I don't want to exclude players without a large variety of figures though, so I'm not sure its the best idea. I'm looking for input.

P.S. I really like the one from each Grade level idea, but that's a bit restrictive. It sure would make the army choices unusual, though.

Last edited by playa1; September 7th, 2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old September 7th, 2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Everything sounds great so far! Keep up the good work.

As far as the Marvel controversy (and I am a little biased), my vote stands with allowing it until the games are officially separated. In all reality, I doubt that many people will have success with Marvel anyway or even choose an army including Marvel characters. Just because it forces a different style of play from the "norm" it not a reason to exclude them. Either way I am happy to be able to play in a tourny.
I agree with you 100% on the way Marvel fits into the game. I know there are a few quirks, but in my experience, all Marvel armies do not stand up to all HS armies, and mixing the two just makes the game more interesting; however, if GB says "NO" because the tournament rules will not include Marvel, then I'm cutting it out. I want the tournament to be as official as possible.
Old September 7th, 2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by briaka View Post

Other quirks:
each army must include :
one winged non-dragon/
one dragon/
The link to the "Power Rankings" is here

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=6171

Your ideas are cool. I was thinking of having at least one unit in each army from the D+, D, D-, or F list just to force experienced players to get more creative and to encourage units typically not seen in tournaments. If experienced players are forced to build their army around Dund or Acolahr, I think it would make the tournament interesting. I don't want to exclude players without a large variety of figures though, so I'm not sure its the best idea. I'm looking for input.

P.S. I really like the one from each Grade level idea, but that's a bit restrictive. It sure would make the army choices unusual, though.
I didn't mean to build an army with just 5 heroes/squads, but rather have your 540 point army but each grade level must be represented. Minus the "plus and minus" grades - just straight A,B,C,D & F.

Old September 8th, 2008, 12:00 AM

Or combine the D & F grade into one since there are so few.

Old September 8th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I agree with you 100% on the way Marvel fits into the game. I know there are a few quirks, but in my experience, all Marvel armies do not stand up to all HS armies, and mixing the two just makes the game more interesting; however, if GB says "NO" because the tournament rules will not include Marvel, then I'm cutting it out. I want the tournament to be as official as possible.
Thanks for at least listening to my ideas. I understand the desire to stay within the official bounds.

I do like the "D" or "F" class idea. It will certainly shake things up and help us noobs to not get destroyed so easily. I say go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day