Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 17th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Heroscape Baseball

A while back in another thread
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=18890 (p4)

Elf Archer asked about Heroscape for baseball.

And with the Rev commenting that our last map was in the epic "ballpark," here you go:

<EMIROON> For those of you just joining us, we're here live at Jandar Stadium for the seventh and final game of the Universe Series. There’s runners at the corners and two out for Bonmanche, who’s batting left-handed for Jandar against Utgar’s left-handed ace reliever Dumutef. Tension’s pretty high here, wouldn’t you say, Carr?

<CARR> That’s right, Rooney. Managers Alastair MacDirk and Drake Alexander don’t want this going to extra innings, so they’ve put in their best pinch-hitter to try and end this right here.

<EMIROON> Look at where Utgar has positioned his defenders. A little odd, don’t you think.

<CARR> Not really, Rooney. It’s no different from the shift that teams put on when Earth’s Barry Bonds was at the plate. The third baseman plays a shortstop’s position; the shortstop plays behind second base; the second baseman drops to shallow right field; and the outfield shades him (no pun intended) far to the right, expecting him to pull the ball.

<EMIROON> Can’t imagine what Utgar’s managers DW9000 and Kee-Mo-Shi are thinking at this point.

<CARR> I’m just glad I’m not in their shoes. Utgar’s already not happy that this series has gone the full seven games. Wouldn’t want to be them if they lose it here.

<EMIROON> Does Kee-Mo-Shi even wear shoes?

<CARR> While there’s a break in the action let’s recap. Concan gave Jandar a 1-0 lead in the third inning with a home run off of Fiero, the Obsidian Guard. That was followed in the sixth by a very strange play. Kelda hit a slow roller off the plate. The zombie catcher fielded the ball—then must have thought it was a brain or something—because he began to eat the ball! Kelda literally flew around the bases before Utgar could make the catcher cough up the ball.

The Microcorp Agents conferred and ruled that it was an inside-the-zombie home run—much to the dislike of the Utgar fans. Taelord nearly came on the field from the stands to argue the call, which did not go unnoticed by the Agents.

Utgar came back to tie it in the seventh on some very questionable calls, including three consecutive walks and a straight steal of home by an Anubian Wolf while Kee-Mo-Shi was coaching first. The home plate Agent looked completely shackled during those at-bats.

<EMIROON> And we’ll never forget Goobnak trying to call his shot in the top of this inning with the bases loaded.

<CARR> You bet, Rooney. Too bad he completely whiffed on that overhanded lob from the AE pitcher.

<EMIROON> So that’s where we stand at this point—deuces wild—two on, two out, two balls, two strikes, in a 2-2 ballgame. That runner on third has a huge lead.

<CARR> That makes sense given that no one is covering third base with this shade on to right. Just a little bunt down the third base line and Jandar should win.

<EMIROON> And here’s the pitch. . . . It’s well hit to left field. Going back to get it is the Stinger. He’s not going to get there. It’s a home run! Un-be-lievable! Jandar wins the game 5-2 and takes the series, four games to three.

<CARR> Rooney, did you see who caught the ball in the stands?

<CARR> I told you the shade was on.

<EMIROON> (groan)

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by SirGalahad; July 2nd, 2008 at 06:19 PM. Reason: replace pictures
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:47 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape Baseball

That is awesome! Nice job! You've been +repped.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old June 17th, 2008, 07:59 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Me too... when I reload.
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Me too... when I reload.
We wrote that last part just for you.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:10 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Me too... when I reload.
We wrote that last part just for you.
Awww, thanks!
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Funny, even though i've only played Baseball in gym class (and couldn't hit the ****ing ball) and on the Mattel Electronic handheld.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:38 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation

Dude, that's amazing! I love it.

Old June 17th, 2008, 09:19 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I lol'ed.

Jotun should have been throuwing it, but he should have been throwing gruts!
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:45 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Hahaha! Cool map! Is that Valhallans' favorite past time now?

Old June 17th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Old June 17th, 2008, 10:42 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?

I have to admit that was pretty cool.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:48 PM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart

OK, Even though I hate Baseball... that was very well done. I enjoyed reading it!

Make sound effects when you play Heroscape! It is sometimes annoying, but always more fun!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion