Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 21st, 2007, 12:02 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Sacred Band

The Book of Sacred Band
Zanafor's Discovery - Collection 4 - "Greeks and Vipers"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: The gods smile on some, and on others they do not. That is what the members of Parmenio's Sacred Band would say. Parmenio formed his Sacred Band in secret, selecting only the toughest, most dedicated and courageous warriors. General Einar brought the members of the Sacred Band through a portal shortly after he saved Parmenio. Parmenio was happy to see his loyal soldiers. On Valahalla, they fight with Parmenio and Marcus Decimus Gallus. This Sacred Band is disciplined and they fight well with other disciplined troops. (Hasbro)
    No, you can take a free (move & attack) turn with any one Warlord that follows Einar before taking a turn with the Sacred Band. (Hasbro FAQ)

- DISCIPLINED ARMY DEFENSE BONUS : Army With Disciplined and Non-Disciplined Units
    If my drafted non-disciplined figures are destroyed and I'm left with only disciplined figures on the board. Do I get the Disciplined Army Defense Bonus?
    Yes. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - EINAR WARLORD BONDING : Einar Warlord Units
    * Marcus Decimus Gallus
    * Parmenio
    * Valguard
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Sacred Band- If the Romans didn’t already exist, the Sacred Band might be used frequently. As it is now, they’re a bit
more restricting but more mobile. B

Sacred Band
How many to Buy?http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=4394
All non-Disciplined = Dead? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=6936
And Historical Accuracy http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=10795
Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by MegaSilver; January 21st, 2024 at 08:22 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:23 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
I built a pretty good team using the sacred band incuded in it and was an all-Einar army:

400 point army:

Valguard
Marcus
Parmenio
Roman Legionnaires
Sacred Band

500 point army:

Valguard
Marcus
Parmenio
Romen Legionnaires x2
Sacred Band x2

The only weakness to these armies is range. But to avoid that you could replace the extra R.L. and S.B. for Roman Archers and Theracus.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:35 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
These guys are really out shined by the Romans. The only advantage they have is being able to spread out while keeping 3 defence.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 12th, 2007, 06:32 PM

WBDH has disabled reputation
the price comes from the poor man's microcorp save. these guys saved my einar bacon the other day against a horde of zombies. too bad the save doesn't wash against braxas.

favorite bronze age army (500):

marcus
parmenio
2xband
2xromans

that last 110 slot is always a toss up. a couple of roman archers if you're running up against heroes with big life or airborne elite if you can draw your enemy into a flank. valguard was designed to run with parmenio but drake can also gain some discipline from the macedonian poster boy and that extra move makes him quite the assassin.

INSERT PITHY POP CULTURE REFERENCE HERE.
Old June 12th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufus
Give them +1 move and a generic 'warlord bonding' and they're more competitive with the romans.
I kinda sorta like the +1 movement, but if they are granted 5 movement and are with Marcus, they're now moving 6 which outdistances them from both Parmenio and MDG. Or else they're holding back in order to stay adjacent to both generals.
When I've tried to do the Greek/Disciplined army, I found myself 290 points (SBx2, Parmenio, and MDG)into the draft to bolster the Sacred Band. Throw in the AE and Marcus becomes excellently justified.
But I would decline the generic bonding. It got too potent with the Legionnaires and then the SB are too similar.

My Disciplined army looks like:
Parmenio
SBx2 100
MDG
AE
(as much as I fight this draft urge, for 100 pts. they're solid) Krav converted to 'Disciplined'

Of course the opponent can counter with Reavers, reavers, reavers, but that's for another Book I'm hoping to get to tonight.
Old June 13th, 2007, 05:03 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!
I think the Sacred Band has their uses but the Defy Death is tricky enough to make work that their usefulness is largely situational. For starters, you're pretty much wasting points unless you've got an all-disciplined army with Parmenio around and Parmenio has pretty lousy stats for 90 points.

Then you'll need Marcus or Valguard to do the heavy lifting since Parmenio's job is to baby-sit the Band. When it comes to range, the only common ranged squads you can have (and remain all-disciplined) are Samurai or Roman archers. That makes for very limited building options.

They aren't a squad you can plop on any old map and scenario and have them play competitively, but then again, thats what I really love about Heroscape; the units you draft are just as important as how you play them and how the dice roll.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:20 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie
Then you'll need Marcus or Valguard to do the heavy lifting since Parmenio's job is to baby-sit the Band. When it comes to range, the only common ranged squads you can have (and remain all-disciplined) are Samurai or Roman archers. That makes for very limited building options.
The AE aren't common, but they're discaplined all the same. Murphy is discaplined to. And anyways, that's what parmy's for. However, don't let the discaplined thing restrict you. It's not all to worth it for only one extra defense die unless you have about 200 points of sacred band members.

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:56 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!
That's a good point. There are also a lot of decent ranged unique squads out there that can be disciplined via Parmenio. And don't forget that an early kamikaze rush by a "undisciplined" figure could open up a late-game disciplined cleanup crew.
But I think that if you are going to use them, you really need to maximize the discplined defense bonus. Otherwise there's little benefit over the Romans.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old June 14th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Most-CoNvincing Visionary

ProfessorDocker Woo who?
Pondering...

Quote:
And don't forget that an early kamikaze rush by a "undisciplined" figure could open up a late-game disciplined cleanup crew.
That's a good point. If you want to make use of Viking spirits, that might work well. The Band is common, but if you want to pump someone else...

!Docker

ProfessorDocker is telling a story...
in the ALIZARIN CAVE...
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:14 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
Quote:
The AE aren't common, but they're discaplined all the same. Murphy is discaplined to. And anyways, that's what parmy's for. However, don't let the discaplined thing restrict you. It's not all to worth it for only one extra defense die unless you have about 200 points of sacred band members.
If you weren't going to for the all-disciplined army anyway, you'd be much better off with Warriors of Ashra instead of the Sacred Band. There are only three of them, but they can move faster and last a lot longer.
Old June 15th, 2007, 08:40 AM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
If you weren't going to for the all-disciplined army anyway, you'd be much better off with Warriors of Ashra instead of the Sacred Band. There are only three of them, but they can move faster and last a lot longer.
The disciplined bonus is just gravy if it fits with the rest of your army. The real reason to use the Band (or Romans) is the Bonding, which the warriors don't have. If you simply wanted a 50 point melee squad there are obvioulsy much better options, including the warriors.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old July 14th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart
The sacred band are great, because with every new release, they get better and easier to field. Just this release, we got Isamu, Ashigaru Yari, and Ashigaru Harquebus (sp).

"Somewhere over the rainbow, there's another rainbow." ~Tobias Funke, Arrested Development

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units