Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 8th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sports: NFL

I was reading a few comments on the Raven's site by the fans, and boy are they mad. Saying it's the worst game in Raven's Franchise history, and all that stuff.

I actually thought it would have been a really nice game if not for the penalties. That is what happens when you put two smash mouth teams in one game.

Actually, I really thought that the penalties for the most part were dumb calls on both sides. A few of them, like that facemask (I was impressed by the Raven defender just raising his hand and confirming he was guilty) were credible, but for the most part I was rolling my eyes at the calls.

Still, even with 175 yards of penalities, we still got it done.

I'm excited to see how the rest of our season goes, and I think we definately need to work on running the ball more often to have any hope in the Playoffs.

Go Pack!
Old December 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM

sonlenmaster Woo who?

To me if Colts and Saints both went undefeated would be awsome it would even be better if they both went to the Super Bowl.But they would probly be in 5 overtimes! Hehehe then (sorry ABOMINATION)Pacs would lose but sadly Cowboys would to.

In my dreams I think of 3 things:
Raining Dr.Pepper.
The Cowboys winning 5 Super Bowls in the next 10 years.
And HEROSCAPE!!!!!
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

I'm sorry Abomination but the Packers are hardly a "smash-mouth" team. LOL

But congrats on your team's victory, nonetheless.
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
What would you define them as?

Also, good luck with the Bengals game...though in the end I hope the Bengals win. As for the Packers, let's go for a 5 game winning streak!

(Hmmm....4 weeks ago we were in Chicago's position against Dallas. Heavily favored, 4 game winning streak, at their stadium...I hope the ending isn't the same, though. GO PACK GO!!)
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
What would you define them as?
A pass-happy team with a great secondary. That about sums up their strengths. It's kind of cool, though, imho, that a team with only a great QB and passing game matched with a good secondary, can be doing so well. Nice to know that you don't necessarily have to have every facet working perfectly to succeed in the NFL. And that's not a snarky remark, either, I think it's comforting to know that you don't have to have a "perfect" team to win a lot of games and have a shot at the SB.

I think we're in trouble against the Bengals but it just depends on how some of the lucky bounces and calls go AND how big of an impact home-field will have on our success in that game.

They do have the following:

1. Good running game - though I think we can negate this, mostly
2. Great defense, particularly their 2 CBs - though I think we'll be mostly successful against it
3. A great QB & 1 great Receiver - I think we'll get to Palmer and I don't think Ochocinco will burn us enough to cost us the game (knock on wood)

We have:

1. A QB who can dissect their defense and help us control the tempo and possession
2. A RB, who is having a rough patch but who could explode at any time for big yards and shake that off - maybe it's this game, maybe not
3. A strong run defense - should limit Cedric Benson
4. A better Special teams overall
5. Percy Harvin - The ultimate X-factor
6. Home-field Advantage
7. The desire to erase last-week's disappointing result - this may be the main reason we win this tough game, if you ask me.

I think we'll win the game, in the end, though it may be a tight finish. I actually quite like the Bengals and have rooted for them for many years as a back-up team to my Vikings. I wish them well regardless of this outcome.
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Heh, I'm a fan of the Bengals too, except for the fact they beat us earlier.

I think that it will be a very close game, but the Bengals will pull through barely. Also, I don't really Chad Ochocinco because of his antics. Just play the game. He reminds me of Randy Moss when he was playing for the Vikings.

As for the Packer/Bear game, I predict a 30-17 game--Packer win.

Last edited by ABOMINATION; December 9th, 2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Messy Eater

I think that there isn't a whole lot to support the idea that they'll win - technically speaking, we have a better team in most areas. Whether or not they'll show up this time is the real question.

Yes, you should beat the Bears...I think your score prediction is right on the money, too. Maybe give the Bears a few less points though they ARE playing at home. I suppose they could pull things together for an upset, it's not unheard of at Soldier Field, after all.
Old December 9th, 2009, 09:37 PM

sonlenmaster Woo who?

Hmmm 30-17 Pacs win! Well ya thats sorda true only reason is cause Bears dont have there star D fence player' Brian Urlacher' he just gets injured to much.If He was healthy I would say 24-17 Bears win! Thank You-Sonlenmaster

In my dreams I think of 3 things:
Raining Dr.Pepper.
The Cowboys winning 5 Super Bowls in the next 10 years.
And HEROSCAPE!!!!!
Old December 10th, 2009, 10:45 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

So the Steelers are officially ending their season right now.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old December 10th, 2009, 10:49 PM

Sir Cumference knows what's in an order marker Sir Cumference knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
So the Steelers are officially ending their season right now.
I'll see if we can say that in another 30 football minutes. Or two hours of real time. Take your pick.

Sir Cumference is Favre Kirby in the....
Virtual Cave

(see avatar)
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:10 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Lets go Brownies!

-insert signature here-
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Chilly Fangirl

I...I....Defending Super Bowl...wow.....that.....Cleveland?

8 sacks and all? Steelers are not having a good year.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV