Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 30th, 2024, 09:03 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (AoA)

Interested to get your thoughts on this - I wonder if the Raelin/Deathknights combo will cause an increase in popularity of the Iron Golem (and other warforged) as a counter?

Unless Raelin/Deathknights get an attack dice buff (like from Taelord), Iron Golem is literally immune to the DKs, because he always has at least two shields. That means regardless of how much his defense goes down and how well the DKs roll, they can't touch him. He's then free to wade through them with his 6 attack, engaging as many as possible.

Obviously Iron Golem is crap for taking out squads one by one, but I'm kind of curious to know if you guys think he and other warforged could see a rise in popularity purely as a counter to Raelin/DKs?

~TGRF.
Old April 30th, 2024, 09:30 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGRF View Post
Interested to get your thoughts on this - I wonder if the Raelin/Deathknights combo will cause an increase in popularity of the Iron Golem (and other warforged) as a counter?

Unless Raelin/Deathknights get an attack dice buff (like from Taelord), Iron Golem is literally immune to the DKs, because he always has at least two shields. That means regardless of how much his defense goes down and how well the DKs roll, they can't touch him. He's then free to wade through them with his 6 attack, engaging as many as possible.

Obviously Iron Golem is crap for taking out squads one by one, but I'm kind of curious to know if you guys think he and other warforged could see a rise in popularity purely as a counter to Raelin/DKs?

~TGRF.
Iron Golem's 2+ auto shields only works against Special Attacks.

Death Knights are still going to have a problem with their movement and low number of attacks. Yes they will be more dangerous now, but I think at best it will actually make them playable, but not meta defining.
Old April 30th, 2024, 10:01 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Ah, my bad. Don't know how I missed that.

It could still increase the playability of the Warforged Soldiers a bit I think. They only get 1 automatic shield, but it is against normal attacks. Means the DKs need to roll 2 skulls to kill them. Still, with the 5 defense I don't see the WS really chewing through them - more useful for locking them down most likely.

It's a fairly minor thing, of course. None of this will be meta-defining, obviously. Just theorycrafting.

~TGRF.
Old May 1st, 2024, 05:46 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

It could still increase the playability of the Warforged Soldiers a bit I think. They only get 1 automatic shield, but it is against normal attacks. Means the DKs need to roll 2 skulls to kill them. Still, with the 5 defense I don't see the WS really chewing through them - more useful for locking them down most likely.

It's a fairly minor thing, of course. None of this will be meta-defining, obviously. Just theorycrafting.

~TGRF.
The warforged (my army) just lost to a deathknights build with Loviatak and RAoAlin in the current OHS season. My opponent rolled very well with two attack, and it was enough. The real MVP was my Syvarris, who managed to take out Raelin and one death knight before they could even reach my start zone. The death knights biggest weakness will be good range because they are an average moving two man squad. Having solid inexpensive bonders is a bonus for them, but "gimmicks" like the auto-shield aren't any better into death knights than they are into anything else.
Old May 1st, 2024, 06:37 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

~TGRF.
The warforged (my army) just lost to a deathknights build with Loviatak and RAoAlin in the current OHS season. My opponent rolled very well with two attack, and it was enough. The real MVP was my Syvarris, who managed to take out Raelin and one death knight before they could even reach my start zone. The death knights biggest weakness will be good range because they are an average moving two man squad. Having solid inexpensive bonders is a bonus for them, but "gimmicks" like the auto-shield aren't any better into death knights than they are into anything else.
I'll jump in here and add that at Raelin's very worst, she's a fast sharking unit. In the game mentioned above she ended up doing nothing, but that was due to a mixture of poor attack and defense rolls (1/6 for attacks and 4/22 for defense) and the accursed auto-shield. When she doesn't do that, her capabilities as a 3rd attacker for death knights can be brutal.
Old May 2nd, 2024, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

~TGRF.
I'm curious if the WS at least slowed the DKs up - obviously they won't last long, but the auto shield is bound to block some attacks and thus keep the DKs engaged while range can take them out. Were they useful in that respect, or did the DKs chew through them easily anyway?

~TGRF.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 08:52 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I'm curious if the WS at least slowed the DKs up - obviously they won't last long, but the auto shield is bound to block some attacks and thus keep the DKs engaged while range can take them out. Were they useful in that respect, or did the DKs chew through them easily anyway?

~TGRF.
They did a great job of blocking my attacks of 1, but I was rolling an uncanny amount of 2/2's near the endgame with my DKs so it's tough to tell. The only unit they really stopped was my Raelin, and that's really just due to her dying early and having 3 crappy attack rolls.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units