Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:52 AM

HeroscaperHuh has disabled reputation
Why does my Wii's Slot glow Blue?

I have my Wii hooked up to Connect 24 and the Internet, and sometimes when it is turned off, it will turn on and the disc slot will glow blue. I'm afraid my Wii will heat up repeatedly and that can't be good for it .

Thanks in advance!

Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Its downloading stuffs.

If you don't like the awesome blue glow, you can turn it off in the Wii's options under WiiConnect24.

Well, that or turn off the standby connection altogether. To save power, that's what I usually do anyways. Considering how I can easily update my Wii by just turning it on at other times it isn't too difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Why does it glow blue? Because photons of light are hitting your retinas in every color except blue. This causes you to perceive the glow as what you call "blue".

Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:07 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
It's either downloading something or you have a new message awaiting you. I didn't know you could turn the glow off, but personally, i like it. Without it i would never now when i have new messages (which isn't often anyway...)
Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:11 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Why does it glow blue? Because photons of light are hitting your retinas in every color except blue. This cause you to perceive the glow as what you call "blue".

Man I miss when you are not around.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:11 PM

HeroscaperHuh has disabled reputation
Messages? Do you mean like the Letter in the bottom left corner that tells you how long you've played each game?

Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:18 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
maybe because you didn't wear a rubber?

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:09 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock has their teams named "The Trojans." On the other hand, Arkansas State University, with teams named "The Indians" just had to change their names (no new one yet) because of the NCAA rules. Why can you not have a name for a group of Native Americans (albeit misunderstood), but can for a condom? On the other hand, why name a team for the Trojans when they lost the war? That would be like naming your team "The French." Just stupid.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock has their teams named "The Trojans." On the other hand, Arkansas State University, with teams named "The Indians" just had to change their names (no new one yet) because of the NCAA rules. Why can you not have a name for a group of Native Americans (albeit misunderstood), but can for a condom? On the other hand, why name a team for the Trojans when they lost the war? That would be like naming your team "The French." Just stupid.
We have the Andover Trojans where I am from and they just recently triumphed over the Semen County team. Not even joking.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
"The French." Just stupid.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469
We have the Andover Trojans where I am from and they just recently triumphed over the Semen County team. Not even joking.
[rimshot]
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:54 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Metaknight: Oooh! I know why!

Huh: Why?

Metaknight: I forgot... but, this made me glance at my Wii, and the blue light is glowing right this second! What a coincidence(seriously, it's glowing)!

Huh: You're no help.

Metaknight: Oooh! Oooh! I remembered!

Huh: What?

Metaknight: Well, it's not really blue. It's a figment of your imagnation, or it means that you left it on, or you just recieved a message, or it's performing updates, or it's telling you that you should smash it into the ground. Likely the last one.

Huh: Thanks! I'll start smashing, because I just got an unlegal version of smash bros. Brawl!

Metaknight: Oh no! Arrest him!

Huh: Aaaah!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General