Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 13th, 2012, 12:59 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!
NHSD '12: Rochester Rumble- Canceled

Edit: This event has been canceled due to lack of interest

Hello 'Scapers! I am currently toying with the idea of hosting my first tournament this November. Right now I am just getting a sense of if there is even enough interest to justify hosting a tourney. Please leave a post if you might possibly attend. Here is a rough outline of the details (subject to change).

Time and Place:
I'm looking at Saturday, October 27th as the date. The time would most likely range from 11:00 to 5:00. It would (might) be held at Fellow Road Park in Rochester, NY. Other locations being considered include Millennium Games and the Fairport Public Library.

Format:
450 points, five round swiss style tourney. C3V/SoV units are allowed and Marvel is not. Rankings based off win record with full-card scoring used to rank people with the same record. More details later.

Maps:

Glyph Pool:
Spoiler Alert!

Entry and Prizes:
Expect the entry fee to be around $5-$7. This is strictly to cover the cost renting space for a day's use. I will not be making any profit. The fee could go down depending how many people actually come.

As this would be the first tourney I host, I'd like to keep things simple and not have a prize table. I apologize if this is disappointing. I think prizes can make an event more fun too, but I don't want any additional complications this time.

Attendees:
- The CEE + a few more
- Nirek + 3 or 4*
- Alex Karasavidis*
- Joseph Sweeny and crew*
- Scapemage*
- Nostradouglas

*maybes

Last edited by The CEE; October 6th, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old August 13th, 2012, 04:29 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Erie Canal Carnage- Rochester, NY (November 3rd)

I could potentially come. Rochester is a few hours away for me, but I love 'Scape. If I come it'd probably be with a crew of 3-4 others.

EDIT: If I come, I can bring maps. I have 1.5 RoTV, 2 of both other MS', and 2 of each terrain expansion.

Last edited by Nirek; August 13th, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old August 13th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hawkeyed spam Trapper

Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker

I might come I live a while away I might even be able to bring some people.
Old August 14th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Hawkeyed spam Trapper

Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker

I was wondering if you can consider raising the point value a little.
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:13 AM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
EDIT: If I come, I can bring maps. I have 1.5 RoTV, 2 of both other MS', and 2 of each terrain expansion.
It's great to see some interest already! Assuming you can come, bringing one or two maps with you would be very generous and helpful. I can probably provide somewhere around five maps from my own collection and I know a local player who I might be able to convince to bring a few more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Karasavidis View Post
I was wondering if you can consider raising the point value a little.
The reasoning I had behind the lower point value is I wanted to be able to finish each round in about 45 minutes or less. Increasing the point value would probably mean shortening the tourney from five to four rounds of play. In my opinion, I'd rather get in an extra game with smaller armies.
Old August 14th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Hawkeyed spam Trapper

that makes sense I told my friends about it.
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:36 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey all,

Hmm, November 3rd...I most likely won't be there, but it would be a decision I would have to make that week, or even the night before the tourney, but if I do come I will be coming with: my father Tim, my brother Patrick, and maybe my sister Mary.

EDIT: How many starting zone spaces will there be?

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; August 22nd, 2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old August 14th, 2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Hey all,

Hmm, November 3rd...I most likely won't be there, but it would be a decision I would have to make that week, or even the night before the tourney, but if I do come I will be coming with: my friend Alex Karasavidis, my father Tim, my brother Patrick, and maybe my sister Mary.

Wow, I hope you can make it. It sounds like you would bring the whole family too. I haven't posted this yet, but we would be playing on BoV and other tournament level maps. This means the start zone size would be the typical 24 hexes.

By the way, we don't have to be locked into that date. I would really be open to any Saturday in that general span of time. If more people unanimously wish to change the date, it could be arranged.

I'll add this to the OP but just so you guys know the location is not set in stone. Another location I'm considering is Millennium Games, a hobby game store. It will really come done to which place can best/will accommodate us.
Old August 15th, 2012, 01:19 PM

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Hey all,

Hmm, November 3rd...I most likely won't be there, but it would be a decision I would have to make that week, or even the night before the tourney, but if I do come I will be coming with: my friend Alex Karasavidis, my father Tim, my brother Patrick, and maybe my sister Mary.

Wow, I hope you can make it. It sounds like you would bring the whole family too.
Heh, not quite.

Quote:
I haven't posted this yet, but we would be playing on BoV and other tournament level maps. This means the start zone size would be the typical 24 hexes.

By the way, we don't have to be locked into that date. I would really be open to any Saturday in that general span of time. If more people unanimously wish to change the date, it could be arranged.

I'll add this to the OP but just so you guys know the location is not set in stone. Another location I'm considering is Millennium Games, a hobby game store. It will really come done to which place can best/will accommodate us.
Don't bother changing the date just yet, its a long drive and we're still not 100% sure that we are coming, even if it is the 10th of November, or the 27th of October. But I just keep praying.
Old August 19th, 2012, 12:08 PM

I've added a bunch of details to the OP. I'd like to discuss the date with you guys. Does November 3rd work? Or should we schedule for a Saturday in October? If enough people want to we could even have it on National Heroscape Day. I'll send PMs out soon.
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:44 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Date doesn't matter to me so much as how many people are coming (i.e. will it be a good tournament?).

As for NHSD, I usually go to Ohio for NHSD. I haven't heard yet if we're going to have it this year, so if we aren't, I could be persuaded to go somewhere else. Otherwise, if I had to choose, I'd go to Ohio on that day, so November 3 would do it for me, I think.
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:45 AM

Any Glyphs?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day