Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old January 25th, 2011, 07:45 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Looking for a board game that plays like Heroscape

I don't know if I would say very similar, but it is a solid simple miniatures skirmish game. It is probably a bit more complex than scape though.
Old January 26th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
I heard via Dicetower that Dust Tactics is very similar to Heroscape
Dust Tactics does have some similarities to HS: Grided movement, simple combat based on non-standard dice, unit stat cards. In the standard set, the Dust minis do not come fully prepainted just primed in olive green and gray but the minis are very cool (the same designer developed the look of AT-43).

You can check out some of the video reviews on BGG if it sounds interesting:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...7/dust-tactics

Newb.
Old January 26th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Let's not forget about Monsterpocalypse..it's similar in many ways to Heroscape - changeable terrain, miniature squads and heroes....and reasonably simple rules. They even have a 2-player boxed starter set!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:45 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Info first posted at Purple Pawn:

Quote:
Saturday, Mike Gray, Director of Game Acquisitions at Hasbro, revealed that the company is developing a new version of its classic Battleship game. Battleship Galaxies will have a science fiction theme, use 3-D models, and should be available in 2010. Play for the new game has apparently also evolved from the original. No more call outs of “D-3,” Mike said the game would be more like Heroscape and Battle Cry.
link:
http://www.purplepawn.com/2009/08/ba...s-from-hasbro/

Well, 2010 came and went but look for this game to come out very soon; if you like Heroscape and Summoner Wars, you will like Battleship Galaxies.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; February 20th, 2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old January 29th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Opps, I thought I was in "What board game are you playing" and posted my game report here by mistake. Oh well. I will use this edit to mention another game instead. I think Smallworld also has some similarities with Heroscape. There are a few different maps you can play, a variety of races and special abilities and such, great game and much less expensive. Also Battle for Hill 218 plays like Summoner wars, not like Heroscape of course, you could say Summoner Wars is a bit of both of those games. Sorry I'm not coming up with games that are that much like Heroscape but I had already mentioned the one that was. At least this is on the subject unlike my first post.
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:26 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post

Quote:
Saturday, Mike Gray, Director of Game Acquisitions at Hasbro, revealed that the company is developing a new version of its classic Battleship game. Battleship Galaxies will have a science fiction theme, use 3-D models, and should be available in 2010. Play for the new game has apparently also evolved from the original. No more call outs of “D-3,” Mike said the game would be more like Heroscape and Battle Cry.
link:

Well, 2010 came and went but look for this game to come out very soon; if you like Heroscape and Summoner Wars, you will like Battleship Galaxies.
More info from the Toy Fair:

http://www.purplepawn.com/2011/02/fi...ship-galaxies/

If everything goes to plan, we will be running demos of this at GenCon along with our Heroscape and Summoner Wars events.

Last edited by R˙chean; February 20th, 2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:51 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
link:

More info from the Toy Fair:

http://www.purplepawn.com/2011/02/fi...ship-galaxies/

If everything goes to plan, we will be running demos of this at GenCon along with our Heroscape and Summoner Wars events.
Hey Ry, do you have any other information you can share about this game? This quote is what I am most interested in:

"The one interesting connection to the original Battleship game is the method of determining hits. The attacking player rolls two dice—one (ten-sided) has letters and one (eight-sided) has numbers—and calls out the resulting combination, as in “G-5.” The player who’s ship was targeted looks up the result on a matrix on the target ship’s reference card. An overlay of the ship’s profile will indicate whether the die roll is a hit or miss."

So am I to assume that the combat is random based off of what you roll? You can't really target ships? I guess what I am asking is how exactly is combat dealt?

I do wish they wouldn't have put the Battleship tag on it. I guess they do that to draw in the casual gamers, but it's such a rehashed name at this point.

The minis in this game look simply amazing. That alone makes me want to get this game.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old February 20th, 2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
So am I to assume that the combat is random based off of what you roll? You can't really target ships? I guess what I am asking is how exactly is combat dealt?
You directly target ships.

You make the tactical decisions. You are not firing blindly hoping to hit something like in the classic game. The coordinate dice determine whether or not your attack was successful.

That is probably all I should share at this time.

Old February 20th, 2011, 01:16 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
You directly target ships.

You make the tactical decisions. You are not firing blindly hoping to hit something like in the classic game. The coordinate dice determine whether or not your attack was successful.

That is probably all I should share at this time.
When you are able to share more, please do. The game itself looks great. I've been itching to get a good space themed game that deals with combat and this might be it. Here is the others that I've been currently keeping my eyes on:

Battle Beyond Space:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1...e-beyond-space

Ascending Empires:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3...ending-empires

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old February 20th, 2011, 01:20 PM

Well, just another note: You move and attack with the ships, similiar to scape. The ships do not remain stationary as in the original game.

Old February 20th, 2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Well, just another note: You move and attack with the ships, similiar to scape. The ships do not remain stationary as in the original game.
Thanks for sharing what you can Ry. I'll keep this one on my radar.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games