Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 12th, 2023, 09:42 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

I'm going to refrain on "what I wanna see" and other overhyping dangers until we see what they have planned for us. Who knows what we're going to get out of this deal? It could be huge or minimalist depending on what they decide to start with

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 12th, 2023, 10:07 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
When I saw the news it made me think that I'm glad that the crowdfunding failed and that the new ownership by Renegade will result in a better game than we would have had with AoA. Of course I'll consider it solid when we have a release date. Things can fall through. I feel more optimistic on this new news than I did when I first heard about AoA though.
Hmm, kinda feel like the bold part begs for extrapolation. For all we know, Renegade will box up the AoA stuff and sell it direct to us.

Though I guess they promised terrain packs ... so, yeah, inarguably a superior product already.
Because Renegade is a full on hobby game company as opposed to a massive corporate kids toy company. The price may be higher but I would expect things to be better play-tested and packaged in a more sensible manner. Like producing more packs of the commons, terrain packs, etc.

Heroscape isn't really a game that fits into the kind of a box that corporations like (literally). It's a different beast than Hasbro's normal stuff.

Also on a personal perspective, I'd rather have my new Heroscape not painted at all and be FFG style plain grey than be sets of solid colors like AoA would have been

Plus, assuming many of the same developers are in on it, like Craig. I'd think that working with Renegade would inspire and equip those developers to create the best product possible instead of being hindered with red tape with Hasbro.
Lots of assumptions in here. We’ll have to wait and see
I'd say more like educated guesses. Certainly I could be wrong and it would be impossible to know for sure without some timeline jumping, since the timeline that we live in is the one were Renegade got the title instead of AoA getting funded first. Table top gaming has been one of my biggest hobbies my entire life and I even had a business centered around it for awhile, so I've experienced enough to have a good idea of what to expect. However I certainly won't be making any assumptions at all. I'm not even assuming that it goes through at all, as stated earlier in my first post. Heck we live in a world where the Doomsday Clock is set at 90 seconds to Midnight, the closest that it's ever been. We really can't assume anything at all. Just live life for the day.
Old June 13th, 2023, 11:09 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

To keep the conjecture snowball rolling, when do we think we'll see anything as far as actual product on the shelves? 6 months? A year? More?

-insert signature here-
Old June 13th, 2023, 11:35 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
To keep the conjecture snowball rolling, when do we think we'll see anything as far as actual product on the shelves? 6 months? A year? More?
There's a thoughtful analysis/prediction at the bottom of this post. One of the Renegade employees responded and said it's a good analysis, for whatever that's worth!

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...55&postcount=1
Old June 13th, 2023, 01:07 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Medinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros
Last thing! Please do not make your initial product release be only things a player can use one of. The all unique release structure was a really bad idea. We want to give you money. Leaf_It and I both ordered $2k+ of Age of Annihilation. Please help us give you money by making common and uncommon units we will want in multiple, and terrain packs that are flexible enough that someone could build massive maps if they're willing to buy the product for it.
Thanks. Yeah we're aware. I've talked to the product team about squad vs. unique units.
I partially disagree with this sentiment. Unless I'm reading this wrong, Renegade should NOT package commons behind a master set. Part of the reason why AH had all uniques was so those who wanted AoA only had to buy one set. In a time when scape was $40 it wasn't so unreasonable to have a big box set with commons, now not so much. I liked that AoA itself was insular, though I agree one of the main reasons it failed was there wasn't a second product with commons you could buy multiples of without feeling like a waste.
Old June 13th, 2023, 01:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think keeping sets fairly small and letting people expand as much as they want makes a lot of sense.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 13th, 2023, 01:23 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm just hopeful we see all the stuff from AoA get released, and if they do a $200+ offer I pray they're wise enough to make all those figures uniques.
Old June 13th, 2023, 02:07 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Prepainted mini's.
Historical units. Not just futuristic cyberpunk nonsense.
More Ninjas, and Kyrie that AREN'T ALL FEMALE.
Terrain packs are gonna be sweet.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old June 13th, 2023, 02:31 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My Impression

Quote:
I wouldn't expect to be able to purchase stuff until next year.

~Dysole, thinking the discord had a comment to this nature from an employee of Renegade
Old June 13th, 2023, 02:39 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: My Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
I wouldn't expect to be able to purchase stuff until next year.

~Dysole, thinking the discord had a comment to this nature from an employee of Renegade
Yeah, that quote is included in Anitar's thread I linked above.
Old June 13th, 2023, 03:18 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

You know it's funny I was reading through that linked information completion post and it talked about something that I've been thinking about for a while and I just have to ask what everyone else thinks.

Basically how competitively viable is heroscape as a game compared to other miniature games. The post was talking about wanting scape to remain casual, which I think is interesting because I think the simple and easy to approach nature of heroscape also makes a better competitive game. Game pieces in heroscape have specific identifiable roles that make it much easier to identify where they belong and what they can do.

I've only played a few miniatures games and just started learning warhammer 40k but a lot of them feel like they lose the fun game aspects in favor of realism. A lot of it feels so bloated it makes it very difficult to make tactical decisions. While trying to learn 40k it just made me want to play heroscape instead.

But I'm a more competitive tcg players then I am for miniatures. I'm curious what other people think in both of "where is scape competitively relative to other games" and "where should scape head in terms of competitiveness in the reboot?"
Old June 13th, 2023, 04:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I appreciate elegance and strong theme in designs. Simplicity bores me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News