Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 20th, 2022, 03:43 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape.org - New Software Support for Heroscape

Love this army builder tool! I've been trying to catch up on the different C3V units available and this tool makes it super easy to view them by points, general, etc. along with the classic units.

One thing I've struggled with is the Aquilla unit previews. The black text on dark blue background is a killer to try and read.
Old October 20th, 2022, 04:48 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
One thing I've struggled with is the Aquilla unit previews. The black text on dark blue background is a killer to try and read.
Fixed.

I should've made that fix a while back, tbh. It's been a simple one that's just been on the list for a while.

If you don't see the change, you'll need to force-refresh your page (hold the 'ctrl' button while refreshing the page).
Old October 20th, 2022, 05:23 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Fixed.

I should've made that fix a while back, tbh. It's been a simple one that's just been on the list for a while.

If you don't see the change, you'll need to force-refresh your page (hold the 'ctrl' button while refreshing the page).
I'm seeing the overlay as semi-transparent now which is still tough to read. Are you able to set the background to lighter color but keep the opacity at 100%?
Old October 20th, 2022, 06:19 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fixed.

I'm seeing the overlay as semi-transparent now which is still tough to read. Are you able to set the background to lighter color but keep the opacity at 100%?
Ah, I didn't test it on a phone

The 50% opacity of the previous color (what I changed it to earlier today) looks like a normal color on the desktop mode, but I just checked it on my phone and it's pretty bad (I'm guessing you used a phone to view it).

I just changed it again to a full opacity, lighter purple color. Hopefully that fixes it for now, even if that ends up getting changed to a more Aquilla-appropriate shade later. Probably will require a force-refresh (again) to see the change though.
Old October 20th, 2022, 06:39 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just created an account, and verification was simple and worked very quickly for me. Took less than a minute.

This is a fantastic resource! Amazing what you've done here Chris. I'm curious, was the Matchup Probability Calculator (the skipped feature) based on the one by mathguy?

Also, as for a feature request, I would love to see a "Maps" tab one day. One where I could check little boxes for the terrain requirements and it would filter for me, or search easily for a specific name. That is probably a lot of work to get that going, but it's really very difficult when making a tournament to find maps that fit within the terrain requirements that my collection has. Would be an incredible resource for sure.

Again, excellent work on this site. I'd love to use it for a Lincoln tournament I have planned for this December.
Old October 20th, 2022, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
I just created an account, and verification was simple and worked very quickly for me. Took less than a minute.
That's good to hear; hopefully the change I made based on caps' data was the only bug in that part of the process then.

Quote:
I'm curious, was the Matchup Probability Calculator (the skipped feature) based on the one by mathguy?
Yes, the request was related to the one by mathguy. Although, to be honest, this is likely not a feature I'm going to add. I'm not as interested or talented in the math side of it, so unless someone helped develop the math side of it, I'm probably not going to go down that route.

Quote:
Also, as for a feature request, I would love to see a "Maps" tab one day. One where I could check little boxes for the terrain requirements and it would filter for me, or search easily for a specific name. That is probably a lot of work to get that going, but it's really very difficult when making a tournament to find maps that fit within the terrain requirements that my collection has. Would be an incredible resource for sure..
Since you asked so nicely...I just went ahead and released a new feature I've been working on a 'Maps' page some this week, and just added a link to that page to the main nav bar.

It doesn't have any terrain info yet, however (and right now, it's just an alphabetical list). But I'm open to adding more features to the page eventually. Probably de-prioritized in the short term (see below), but eventually something like terrain requirements could be a nice addition.

Quote:
I'd love to use it for a Lincoln tournament I have planned for this December.
That should be viable. I'm planning to do a big refactor / addition during the first week of November to the Tournament running aspect to make 2 big changes:
1) Separate creation of the next round's pairings from the publishing of them. I.e. the TD / Admin creates the pairings, then 'publishes' them (which starts the round timer) at some point in the future.
2) Allows the TD / Admin to manually alter the pairings via a drag & drop interface. This has been a big requested feature, and I want to get it implemented earlier rather than later.

Once those 2 changes are done, the main additions I'll still have to make to the tournament part of the site is to add support for (1) multiplayer & (2) team events. The underlying database supports them both already, but it's going to take some work to get the client-side of the site up to speed.
Old October 21st, 2022, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fixed.

Ah, I didn't test it on a phone

The 50% opacity of the previous color (what I changed it to earlier today) looks like a normal color on the desktop mode, but I just checked it on my phone and it's pretty bad (I'm guessing you used a phone to view it).

I just changed it again to a full opacity, lighter purple color. Hopefully that fixes it for now, even if that ends up getting changed to a more Aquilla-appropriate shade later. Probably will require a force-refresh (again) to see the change though.

Yes, I was testing on a phone. I should have known better to include that info. I work on a website as my main line of work doing UX.

Thanks for the fix!
Old October 21st, 2022, 01:01 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Since you asked so nicely...I just went ahead and released a new feature I've been working on a 'Maps' page some this week, and just added a link to that page to the main nav bar.

It doesn't have any terrain info yet, however (and right now, it's just an alphabetical list). But I'm open to adding more features to the page eventually. Probably de-prioritized in the short term (see below), but eventually something like terrain requirements could be a nice addition.
Yes, this is fantastic! Already some cool maps I've never heard of and would never have found otherwise. They have terrain requirements in the build at least (and you can usually estimate from images), so I will already use this to pick out maps. A terrain selector will really only be necessary in the event that the map selection expands to very large amount.

I think the only thing holding me back from using this for a tournament is that I think I was the only one at the last tournament with a Heroscapers account. Can tournament directors add players/armies manually? Or do the individuals have to sign up themselves?
Old October 21st, 2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I think the only thing holding me back from using this for a tournament is that I think I was the only one at the last tournament with a Heroscapers account. Can tournament directors add players/armies manually? Or do the individuals have to sign up themselves?
Each player in the tournament does need to create their own account. That's an essential part of the core design, as emails are used to deliver pairings and I use email verification to try and fight bots.

It's worth noting, though, that an account crested on Heroscape.org has nothing to do with any accounts on heroscapers.com, so not having an account here doesn't preclude anything by itself.
Old October 21st, 2022, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Each player in the tournament does need to create their own account. That's an essential part of the core design, as emails are used to deliver pairings and I use email verification to try and fight bots.

It's worth noting, though, that an account crested on Heroscape.org has nothing to do with any accounts on heroscapers.com, so not having an account here doesn't preclude anything by itself.
So I could upload players/armies manually the day of the tournament as the TD? If I'm understanding correctly.
Old October 21st, 2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:

So I could upload players/armies manually the day of the tournament as the TD? If I'm understanding correctly.
No, that's incorrect.

Each player in the tournament must have their own account (on heroscape.org). They would signup for the tournament through their account, and then submit armies through their account also.

The TD cannot sign-up players or submit armies for them.
Old October 21st, 2022, 03:12 PM

Gotcha. I hope this gains the traction it deserves. Unfortunately that will postpone my use of the tournament functions. It's hard enough to bring numbers to a tournament without having to get the more casual players to create accounts and preregister. Looking forward to all the updates planned!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software