Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 10th, 2011, 08:45 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I just got my backside handed to me in three matches with using three different armies. The dice were NOT on my side tonight. I think I know what I will bringing now. If only I had $50,000 to buy the units I needed to play with other ideas...

Design it, play test it with proxies. I can probably loan you the units you need once you've decided what you want (unless they are Minions of Utgar or Marro Drones - I've already loaned those out).

~Temba, his arms wide.

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 11th, 2011, 04:44 PM

vikinglad knows what's in an order marker vikinglad knows what's in an order marker

I have a friend that just played his first game of Heroscape with me the other day. He loves it, and is interested in coming with me to the NHSD tourney, but only wants to watch the action and maybe advise a bit between battles. Is this sort of thing allowed at these events? I am really new to all of this still myself.

Also, I don't see my name on the OP as having RSVP'd. Just to be clear, I intend to participate in NHSD myself. Thanks guys.

EDIT: Oh, am I listed as Jason? That is cool to. If that is some other Jason, please list me as attending as well.

Last edited by vikinglad; October 11th, 2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Read the OP more carefully
Old October 11th, 2011, 08:09 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikinglad View Post
I have a friend that just played his first game of Heroscape with me the other day. He loves it, and is interested in coming with me to the NHSD tourney, but only wants to watch the action and maybe advise a bit between battles. Is this sort of thing allowed at these events? I am really new to all of this still myself.

Also, I don't see my name on the OP as having RSVP'd. Just to be clear, I intend to participate in NHSD myself. Thanks guys.

EDIT: Oh, am I listed as Jason? That is cool to. If that is some other Jason, please list me as attending as well.
As long as he's not kibitzing during the battles that is just fine and dandy.

~Z

My map thread
Old October 11th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Vikinglad

Wow! I'm sorry I don't have you listed. Apologies. The Jason listed is a possible (unlikely?) guest of Killometer. Your name has been added.

And yes, confirming cmgames' statement, guests are welcome to attend and not play. Feel free to ask players questions (though give them deference while they are playing) and it is bad form to give suggestions to players during a match or say things like "Well, I'd do this instead," or "I think that's a bad move."

Unless winning is important to you, I'd think playing and learning through example would be more enjoyable than observing, but YMMV. Either way, we'd be glad to have them attend.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old October 11th, 2011, 08:40 PM

vikinglad knows what's in an order marker vikinglad knows what's in an order marker

Thanks guys! I already told him I was sure it was bad form to talk to players during matches (myself included). That makes sense. I told him I would lend him an army and am trying to get him to play; but he is still reluctant. Maybe I can get him to cave in by the time Sat rolls around.
Old October 11th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If he does decide to play, let me know so I can add him to the list. If he just wants to observe, that's fine too.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old October 11th, 2011, 09:10 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Ha, he might have to play if we end up with an odd number of players!

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old October 12th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Thanks guys! I already told him I was sure it was bad form to talk to players during matches (myself included). That makes sense. I told him I would lend him an army and am trying to get him to play; but he is still reluctant. Maybe I can get him to cave in by the time Sat rolls around.
I've been planning on bringing a spare army (maybe 2 now...) in case we have a drop in, so if he decides to play at the last minute he can use it.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:29 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
I've been planning on bringing a spare army (maybe 2 now...) in case we have a drop in, so if he decides to play at the last minute he can use it.
We'll have a couple of spare armies too...so pleanty for a drop-in to choose from.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I just got my backside handed to me in three matches with using three different armies. The dice were NOT on my side tonight. I think I know what I will bringing now. If only I had $50,000 to buy the units I needed to play with other ideas...

Design it, play test it with proxies. I can probably loan you the units you need once you've decided what you want (unless they are Minions of Utgar or Marro Drones - I've already loaned those out).

~Temba, his arms wide.
vikinglad,

Do you know yet if you need to borrow anything?

~Z

My map thread
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:05 PM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart

On the subject of borrowing, I know that Ruckus (my buddy Aaron) is still having a hard time picking an army that he will need, so I know that he or myself will need to borrow...whatever it he's borrowing.

We can't thank you guys enough for letting us borrow game pieces for the tournaments. See you guys Saturday!

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I'm going to drop in here in the morning before I leave for Ronin's on Saturday, so as long as you get your needs posted by 8:30ish I'll grab them (if I have them).

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day