Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:05 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart
Re: Portland/Vancouver NHSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Some of these have the problem of same-level molten lava, but I guess it depends on how often someone can pull it off. On the Incendium board, it can happen a several different locations. Guess I'm paranoid about Chainfighters and Wyverns after that play-test.
Interesting feedback. Do you think the Chainfighters and Wyverns are that big of a factor in the metagame that this creates an imbalance? I saw this as a feature, not a bug. I don't think I've ever seen either of those figures at a competitive event.
With the double-edged sword format, lower grade and less used figures like those two are more likely to be in play.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 03:42 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Run don't walk has been chosen as the map to replace Ember Canyon. Also, springing the trap with a roll of 1 or 2 results in the unique/uncommon figure receiving one wound as well as the opponent being able to place it up to 3 spaces away. I do think everything is finalized at this point.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I can guarantee you one of my friends will stick one in his army if he knows they will be useful. No clue if he'll check back and figure this out though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Disaster View Post
With the double-edged sword format, lower grade and less used figures like those two are more likely to be in play.
I phrased my question poorly. What I meant was that I don't see those figures as being strong enough to adversely affect the balance of the map, regardless of how likely they are to show up at a given event. However, I haven't playtested the map with those figures in play. Do the four molten lava hexes with adjacent same-level ground throw off the map in a problematic way, simply because of the existence of those two figures, given their relative power levels to anything else that's commonly used in competitive play? That's what I'm asking.

Regardless, I don't want to clog the event thread with this - if someone who's actually played the map with those figures could drop by my map thread and give me some feedback on what you found, I'd appreciate it. I'm using it in an event in a couple of weeks and still have time to tweak if warranted; I've been considering a minor change anyway to one of those spots.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 06:52 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

When we playtested Incendium, I had two heroes grabbed by Wyverns and dropped into molten lava for easy instant-kills. It was definitely a rare 'worst-case' scenario for army match ups.

In this format, its funny though - because if I run up against an opponent who has Wyverns we roll randomly to see who's army we are going to play - and it is a 50/50 chance that I get to play their army. So I guess it doesn't matter.

But Ember Canyon - I know that it has been around for a while - but we had several compliants about it after Seattle's 2010 NHSD.

Peace,
*Kai
Old October 23rd, 2011, 08:18 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I can guarantee you one of my friends will stick one in his army if he knows they will be useful. No clue if he'll check back and figure this out though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Disaster View Post
I phrased my question poorly. What I meant was that I don't see those figures as being strong enough to adversely affect the balance of the map, regardless of how likely they are to show up at a given event. However, I haven't playtested the map with those figures in play. Do the four molten lava hexes with adjacent same-level ground throw off the map in a problematic way, simply because of the existence of those two figures, given their relative power levels to anything else that's commonly used in competitive play? That's what I'm asking.

Regardless, I don't want to clog the event thread with this - if someone who's actually played the map with those figures could drop by my map thread and give me some feedback on what you found, I'd appreciate it. I'm using it in an event in a couple of weeks and still have time to tweak if warranted; I've been considering a minor change anyway to one of those spots.
I have actually fared relatively well with the spider/wyvern build in competitive play. If I could completely protect the spiders for fear of the opponent getting too close to the molten tile because of the Wyvern, or get an almost insta-kill and use the spiders elsewhere, I could see how that could severely change the outcome of a game. I have not used the Drow Chainfighter to comment on how well he would do on same level Molten Lava tile maps. But I have not played a map with same level Molten Lava before so it is purely speculation. Nonetheless, I do like Incendium and will play it at some time, and I will give you feed back when I do.
Old October 25th, 2011, 10:43 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maps are built and ready for transport. I wish this event was this weekend instead of next (or rather, both weekends).

Oh wait, I still have to get an army together. This should be interesting . . . do I pick a top-rated army and hope I get to play it? Do I bring lower graded units and hope I don't? Or, do I go with a mediocre army and depend on playing it about half the time?

I'm thinking we will see medium grade armies mostly. Units that we like and can play well with that others may not be that comfortable with.

Vipers, here we come . . . maybe.
Old October 30th, 2011, 11:28 AM

The map "If you can't take the heat" has been modified slightly so that there is no longer molten lava tiles on the same level as surrounding tiles.

Looking forward to the tournament coming up this Saturday!
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:29 PM

Also quantities of glyphs have been updated in the OP.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM

A few days away and I still can't decide on my army. Aargh. At least my daughter has her army figured out.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 03:14 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Here are some of the armies that I was thinking about:

Army Idea # 1:
Kaemon Awa
Wyvern x2
Fyorlag Spiders x3
Estivara
= 520 points

Army Idea # 2:
Omegacron - C3V
Omnicron Repulsers x2
Omnicron Snipers x2
Zetacron
= 525 points

Army Idea # 3:
Nicholas Esenwein - C3V
Preyblood Thralls x3
Fen Hydra x2
Marro Warriors
= 520 points

(but I had trouble re-basing the thralls)

Army Idea # 4:
Cyprien Esenwein
Sonya Esenwein
Mezzodemons x5
= 520 points

... but yeah, still can't decide
Old November 2nd, 2011, 08:12 PM

I have got 3 to 4 of the Thralls if you decide to go with that army and want to use them (although I was toying with Nick, Cyp, Sonya, Iskra, Retchets and 3 Thralls, but I probably won't end up playing that build).
Old November 3rd, 2011, 07:02 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

@Longy418

I checked the OP for information about treasure glyphs and it doesn't say what die-roll triggers the trap. I'm going to assume a 1-5 triggers the trap but I was looking to get a confirmation on that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day