Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Oct 13th Louisville NHSD With Prizes!

That's great, Mega!

Better still, btw, would be no more than half your army (points) can be squad figures. Essentially the same, but gives you a little more flexibility in case your General doesn't have the filler heroes to add up to exactly the right number.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

Personally, I'd like to see the format kept the same. But it's all up to El Diabolo

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:00 AM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We will keep the format as it is originally posted. The more convoluted the rules get the less I like the format. Simple and straightforward whenever possible.

For some future event I am considering the idea of General Wars / Heroes Only. Could that work??? We could find out which General has the best Heroes. I would say Vydar looks strong in that one.

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Interesting idea. I love any idea where we blend two formats into one. Always interesting what will turn up. Just like when you mix two different flavors of Kool-Aid. (Some combos taste great, by the way. )

Now, I just need to decide what Heroes I am going to run with my Vipers.
Old September 25th, 2012, 07:28 PM

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Now, I just need to decide what Heroes I am going to run with my Vipers.
I've tried to think up some Viper army's myself but Ullar just doesn't have the quality heros to fill the 200pt/2hex or the 240pt/5hex(?) hole that's convincing enough to make me run Vipers. I'm looking forward to a time were I can play them, but I'm also wanting to play thousands of other armies sometime soon

Old September 25th, 2012, 07:58 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diabolo View Post
We will keep the format as it is originally posted. The more convoluted the rules get the less I like the format. Simple and straightforward whenever possible.

For some future event I am considering the idea of General Wars / Heroes Only. Could that work??? We could find out which General has the best Heroes. I would say Vydar looks strong in that one.
How is no more than 300 squad points convoluted? Or more convoluted than no fewer than 4 cards?

And how is General Wars + Heroes Only not more convoluted than either of those?!

If you don't like it, fine, but at least have a good reason.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:21 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diabolo View Post

How is no more than 300 squad points convoluted? Or more convoluted than no fewer than 4 cards?

And how is General Wars + Heroes Only not more convoluted than either of those?!

If you don't like it, fine, but at least have a good reason.
It is more convoluted to announce one thing, then change it. Once a format is made public we should go forward with it. Debate and brainstorming happen before the decision is made, not after.

That is why Heroes Only General Wars is only in the brainstorming stage. Also Heroes Only General Wars should be shortened to HOG Wars. That only makes me like it even more. It already suggests its own trophies.

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:27 AM

We have over 2 weeks to the tournament and that would barely be a change to the format; it really only hurts 4th Mass. which was the point of going 4-card minimum in the first place, and raising the total to 600 points already defeated that purpose. Right now it is possible to run 6x 4th + 3 heroes (sitting 3 figures); with only half squads you max out at 4x 4th, which gives other half squad armies like 5x Greenscales + Charos + Brandis a fighting chance where they would have none against 6. That was the whole point behind the idea of 4-card minimum, to get other armies into the mix, but 600 points makes it moot.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 26th, 2012, 01:51 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wait...I'm convoluted now.

Old September 26th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, I can make my marching band fail district so i can make it, but I don't want everyone to hate me, so I'll just try to make the next one. I wish I could though, have fun guys.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Well, IF you do fail district, then swing on by.
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:20 PM

My brother, Nelson, who was my partner for the team tourney 2 months back will also be attending.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day