Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old February 3rd, 2014, 09:09 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Posted on my wife's friend's Facebook page:

Quote:
Peyton, eat a Snickers. You play like Eli when you're hungry.
No, unfortunately, he plays like Peyton when he's hungry. Eli Manning's postseason record is 8-3; Peyton's, with all his gaudy stats, is 11-12.
Well, if we're going to get nitpicky and ruin jokes, it's worth mentioning that their win/loss record is not the same thing as "how they played." Not a one man game, hombre.
Wait, what?

You mean to say that a quarterback is not the sole reason for a teams success or failure?
Shocking, right? The Broncos could have blocked better on the OLine, tackled better, defended kickoffs better--plenty of blame to go around.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old February 3rd, 2014, 09:24 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I never said all the blame was Manning's. But he's the quarterback, and he was not effective, and he gets a nice big piece of the blame pie, just like some of his teammates. And he's gotten that piece of blame pie 12 out of the 23 times he's played in the postseason.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Eli still played much worse than he did this season.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:05 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

No doubt.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; February 3rd, 2014 at 11:05 PM. Reason: When you put it that way, the joke totally worked. :-)
Old February 10th, 2014, 01:30 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Just for fun:

For those Star Wars/ NFL fans out there

http://www.behance.net/gallery/STAR-...League/9234099

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 10th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Just for fun:

For those Star Wars/ NFL fans out there

http://www.behance.net/gallery/STAR-...League/9234099
Nice find! Thanks for posting! I re-posted this in the HoSS Cantina.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old February 10th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nice, 49ers got short shrift (surely there was something that could have been done with Bespin), but the concept is really cool. Here's the link to the AFC helmets.

~Aldin, who likes the Tennessee Mandalorians

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 10th, 2014, 02:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

If I owned the Jaguars, I would actually try to switch them to the Wookies. I think you could work it out with Lucas, and there's not much downside...

In other news, remember when everyone made a big deal about Jason Collins being the first active openly gay player in the major USA team sports... only he wasn't, because no team felt like dealing with the attention for a marginal player at the tail end of his career? Well, somebody is going to draft Michael Sam, so it's actually going to happen now.
Old February 10th, 2014, 02:45 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

True Dok, but...

I don't worry about such things, "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness". America was founded under this principles. I do not try to push my values on others and I don't want yours pushed on me. I accept that people have different beliefs than me, but that is what makes this country great. I don't care if if he is gay or straight, is muslim or catholic. Only thing I care about when it comes to sports is can you play or not. Same thing for co-workers, can you get the job done or not.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 10th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I was surprised at the pessimism reported (anonymously, of course) among the NFL professionals when asked about this. I'd like to think that it's the fans & the media who will do most of the caring; I'd like to think that the NFL professionals and players think, as Kinseth does, that the only thing that matters is that you can play.

Still, it's a watershed moment, and I applaud the courage of the young man to do something that many, many NFL players would not do, and they'd already collected their paychecks. Here's a kid who put his entire professional career in play over a matter of principle and dignity. That took an amazing amount of courage.

Am I the only person who noticed that "Michael Sam" is the perfect name for a linebacker, by the way? Only improved if his middle name (Please let it be true) is Will?

= =
Old February 10th, 2014, 03:32 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Michael Alan Sam, unfortunately.

FWIW I don't think he had much of a choice. Most of the teams already knew; his choice was between controlling the story or having the story leak out.

I don't really blame NBA teams for not signing Collins. They run a business and frankly, teams spend too much on end-of-the-bench veterans anyway when they should be taking a flyer on younger players instead. Why take an aging player with no breakout potential for the end of your bench when you can sign a young cheap player instead?

Sam is the other end of things. He's an extremely productive college player whose draft grade has been dinged because he's a little undersized. That's fine, and maybe he shouldn't be picked on day 1. But you can't really say for sure that this guy couldn't be the next Dumervil or Avril or Freeney (all middling prospects with non-ideal size for edge rushers who became impact NFL players anyway).

Let's pit it this way. I wouldn't have wanted my team of choice to sign Jason Collins last year. But if Michael Sam is still available in the sixth round of the draft, I would want my team of choice to take him. It's just cost/benefit. It's worth the potential distraction for the potential impact player.
Old February 10th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
FWIW I don't think he had much of a choice. Most of the teams already knew; his choice was between controlling the story or having the story leak out.
Sure he had a choice. I've always imagined - maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised - that NFL teams know a great deal about the better players in Division I football. He could have waited and seen if it got out as a rumor and, if necessary, just ignored it. That would have been easy, and the safer thing to do in advance of the draft. I see in the reports that most teams already knew, but he would have been gambling incredibly foolishly to assume they all did, or that the agents, players, and fans that are the barnacles on the yacht National Football League all did.

My guess is he didn't want to be drafted by a team that wouldn't want him as-is. It took a lot of courage to get out in front of this as he did; we have fresh in our collective memory a very different decision by a different linebacker, who hid from his story absolutely as long as he could.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV