Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old March 24th, 2008, 01:16 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Paint, glue, and flock removal?

Can someone suggest the best method to remove your custom work? I have done some painting, gluing, and flocking that I'm not particularly fond of. What is a good method for removing all of this? Preferably something that would leave the original paint and finish intact, if possible. I know that there was a thread started on this a while back, but I couldn't find it via the search function.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:52 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
I would suggest soaking in water, but other then that. I have nothing. Simply green might work, but I am not sure if it would damage the tiles themselves.
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:32 PM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
With glue and flock I've found if you haven't sealed it yet, soaking it in your pva/water mix again (or maybe just water, I'm not sure) then using a paint brush pulls it up like nobodies business. I seal my flock by putting another layer of glue/water on with a paintbrush, so I've learned to be carefull.

What type of paint? Some acrylics will just peel off, depending on the surface.

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:37 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS ~ KNT
With glue and flock I've found if you haven't sealed it yet, soaking it in your pva/water mix again (or maybe just water, I'm not sure) then using a paint brush pulls it up like nobodies business. I seal my flock by putting another layer of glue/water on with a paintbrush, so I've learned to be carefull.

It is all acrylic paint. Mostly "Folk Art", Apple Barrel", and "Creamcoat" brands. The glue is just Elmer's school glue. I have sealed most of it with hairspray. If I don't get ideas for other, faster, more effective methods I'll try soaking it in water. Thanks for the suggestions given so far.

P.S. What is pva an what do you use it for?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS ~ KNT

It is all acrylic paint. Mostly "Folk Art", Apple Barrel", and "Creamcoat" brands. The glue is just Elmer's school glue. I have sealed most of it with hairspray. If I don't get ideas for other, faster, more effective methods I'll try soaking it in water. Thanks for the suggestions given so far.

P.S. What is pva an what do you use it for?
PVA (Polyvinyl acetates) glue, is white glue.. Elmers glue. same thing.
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
Thanks BC. I haven't heard of using a glue and water mixture to soak you tiles in.

Old March 24th, 2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
Thanks BC. I haven't heard of using a glue and water mixture to soak you tiles in.
I mix glue and water to get the glue to spread out, then I seal it with some polycrylic.

To remove it, I would try soaking it in water for a good amount of time and then take a wire, or strong plastic bristle brush to it. It might even peel off.

There is a product called simple green that would probably work really well, but you would have to get the chemical off as soon as possible because it will probably melt it a bit.
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:57 PM

Here is an article on Simple green. Evidentally on plastic it don't work to well.

http://www.weetoysoldiers.com/wp/?page_id=29
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:59 PM

Thanks again Bad Calvin.

Old March 24th, 2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks again Bad Calvin.
No problem, I just feel for you. Removing paint from plastic (expecially if you primed it) is not going to be a fun task. The flock should come off with the soaking in water for a night or two. The paint however... that is going to take some work indeed.
Old March 24th, 2008, 06:25 PM

sk8mage has disabled reputation
I to have wanted to remove flock from my tiles.
I tried using everything i could find and what worked best was just using a knife while the tiles are in water.
It takes a long time but I found it was the only way I could get it off.

If theres anyone out there in nelson who plays scape please let me know.
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:53 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Keglo...Use White Vinegar....Seriously...try it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles