Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 27th, 2007, 03:03 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation
Duel in the Desert (Phoenix) - 10.20.07 - Natl Heroscape Day

National Heroscape Day - 10.20.2007
1st Annual Duel in the Desert

thanks to lonewolf for this graphic!

Time: 1pm to 12am(?)

What: Let's get together and play some heroscape. We'll get together for some casual gaming.

There will be 2 or 3 maps setup for 2 vs 2 team games. We will be assigning teams randomly, likely by draw of the hat. Each player will field a 400 point army. We will be using modifed initiative rules for the team games, all players will act in the order they rolled, highest to lowest.

There will be 4 or more single master set + terrain expansion maps setup for some 1 vs 1 games. At least one of these maps will be set up for use with marvel figures.

Who will be playing where will be determined by taking all the map names and throwing them in a hat/bag and letting people draw for where they will play (team maps names would be marked with team 1 and 2). Anyone will be allowed to toss any map drawn back in the hat and redraw if they had already played on it or if they didn't want to play marvel or something.

For all the classic games (team and individual), these glyphs will be drawn at random and placed on each map as marked:

Crevcor (common attack +1 )
Dagmart (init +8 )
Gerda (def +1 )
Lodin (luck +1 )
Oreld (intercept order )
Proftaka (pit trap )
Ulaniva (unique attack +1 )
Valda (move +2 )

For team games, we are house ruling that the glyph affects both players of the team with a figure on the glyph.

I will provide drinks (soda, lemonade, unsweetened tea, bottled & tap water) and some chips/snacks. We will order a bunch of pizzas from Hungry Howies later in the evening for dinner. No one needs to bring any food, but it is welcome if you want to bring something to share with the group.

Where: My house, west side of Phoenix. I live in the general area of where the 101 and I-10 meet. I'll pm more specific directions to all attendees the week before the 20th.

Attendees:
1. hex706f726368
2. Makmorn
3. JosFon
4. aohmer80
5. lonewolf
6. MrgrimAZ
7. madster7
8. HeroscapeLunatic
9. Mrs. HeroscapeLunatic
10. jlo
11. Vanguard
12. Eagle Claw
13. Cavalier
14. miniCavalier
15. Hiredgun
16. Mrs. Hiredgun
17. Hiredgun jr.
18. hextr1p
19. Roweiser
20. rehlers
21. Dave (friend of rehler's)
22. Mrs. hex706f726368

Maybe's:
<none>

If more than 16 want to come, I think I can accommodate it. But we've yet to have that good of a turnout for an AZ event yet. I'd be happy if we break that trend on 10/20. Update: Looks like this is going to be the biggest AZ event yet. Hope I don't screw it up.

What you need to bring:
- Any number of 500 point armies you want to play (figures and cards) for 1 vs 1 games
- Any number of 400 point armies you want to play (figures and cards) for team games
- Any number of 800 point armies made up of at least 500 points worth of marvel figures you want to play (figures and cards) for the marvel game (optional!)
- Your own dice, order markers and wound markers
- $5 to pitch in for pizza

Prizes
If we get a good enough turnout for this event, I'll raffle off an extra Templar Knights set I have. All you have to do is show up and chip in for pizza and you have a shot at walking away with more heroscape than you walked in the door with.

Update: We've met my personal goal for attendance. The Knights are up for grabs! Also, lonewolf has thrown in one of the collector's guide posters available at Gencon and Comicon. You can see both below:

hextr1p has donated a Master Win Chiu Woo to the prize table!

Cavalier is donating at least one lexan terrain mat to the prize table too!

DictatorBilbo has donated a piece of custom terrain to the prize table!

That thing looks suh-weet!!!!

A $50 dollar gift certificate to HouseMouse Games will be given away at this event.

There is also chatter of other potential prizes. I'll keep this first post updated when I know more.

Thanks to our good friends at HASBRO there are 3 big additions to the prize table. See if you can spot them.

All prizes will be given away via raffle. All you have to do to be included in the raffle is chip in for pizza. Later in the evening, between 7pm & 8pm, we will begin to draw names. The person whose name is drawn will get to pick any prize from the table. We will continue to draw names until all the prizes are depleted.

Maps:

Team Maps (2v2)

- Ghost Town
Download Ghost Town

- Lonewolf's Suprise Map

- Frozen Bog
purple dots represent a "Marro Hive"

Individual Maps (1v1)

- Vidda's Crossing
Download Vidda's Crossing

- SoulRazor Canyon
Download SoulRazor Canyon

- X-Roads
Download X-Roads

- Ember Canyon Road
Download Ember Canyon Road

- Spring in the Air
This map will be setup on reserve in case any of the other 1v1 maps turn out to not be good maps to play on.
Download Spring in the Air
image pending...

Individual Maps (1v1v1)

- Malodorr Swamp
This one is in case we have an odd number of players.
Download Malodorr Swamp

Marvel Map (1v1)

- Cavalier's Marvel Map
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:16 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I am in, but I'll be a little late...probably around Noonish!
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:53 PM

MrgrimAZ Woo who?
Is 6pm the drop dead end time? I have a game from 11:00 to 2:00 PM that day. I mite be able to come later if it's just casual.
Old August 27th, 2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrgrimAZ
Is 6pm the drop dead end time? I have a game from 11:00 to 2:00 PM that day. I mite be able to come later if it's just casual.
Nah, it's not drop dead. In fact, lonewolf is already going to be late and it looks like you will be too if you come. I'd rather move the time back to 1pm to whenever if it means more people can make it. I just chose the 10am - 6pm timeframe because that's when lonewolf has had his game days and they worked out pretty good.
Old August 28th, 2007, 05:01 PM

madster7 has disabled reputation
I'm in Baby!
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:16 AM

I talked to corporate and she's cool with this being an afternoon to whenever event. So, if more people are able to make it to that or would prefer that we can do a 1 or 2 pm to late-ish type game day.
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:38 AM

I'm going to this thread by suggesting a map to play on. The green/yellow/orange starting zones close to the castle bits are only used in team games or certain scenarios.

Yes? No? Got a suggestion of your own?

I got a couple more, but I'll save them for the next time this thread falls off the first page.
Old September 4th, 2007, 07:19 PM

jlo Woo who?
Count me in too.
Old September 5th, 2007, 09:01 AM

HeroscapeLunatic has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hex706f726368
I'm going to this thread by suggesting a map to play on. The green/yellow/orange starting zones close to the castle bits are only used in team games or certain scenarios.

Yes? No? Got a suggestion of your own?

I got a couple more, but I'll save them for the next time this thread falls off the first page.
How about my Helm's Deep map? No! Oh well, j/k.

Seriously though, how about a multiplayer map somewhere in there. That could be great fun.
Old September 5th, 2007, 10:07 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
I talked to corporate and she's cool with this being an afternoon to whenever event. So, if more people are able to make it to that or would prefer that we can do a 1 or 2 pm to late-ish type game day.
If we start at 1, I'm not late anymore!
Old September 5th, 2007, 01:04 PM

MrgrimAZ Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf
Quote:
If we start at 1, I'm not late anymore!
Oh please you will still come late walk in and put out your hand like the god father . "kiss the ring"

I should know soon if my wife can just take the whole nite off then I will be in for sure. as for maps I would'nt mind one big free for all at the end something like Lonewolfs summer end map. but any of the tourny maps are always good for 1 on 1.
Old September 5th, 2007, 01:13 PM

jlo Woo who?
I wouldn't mind playing a teamed battle on a really large map. Mayhem and dice rolling everywhere. If we do this it would be nice to do it early. It always seems that we plan on doing something like that but by the end of the 1v1 events it's late and everyone needs to head home. I'll be there regardless but I think this would be fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events