Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:49 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Age of Conan Board Game

Does this game suck? I noticed new copies selling on eBay for under half the list price.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 11:17 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Age of Conan Board Game

I think it was just overproduced. Reviews show its an okay game.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 24th, 2010, 09:21 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I think its fun to play. I'm hoping for an expansion. Some people have problems with it because:

1. You don't get to be Conan, he's an NPC who occasionally will score some points for you when you control him.

2. Since you are going from being a one space Kingdom to a multi-space Empire, you can sometimes win without much direct player interaction. Empires can be created by taking over neutral areas by diplomacy or battle rather than attacking another player's areas.

The game has some interesting mechanisms and nice pieces, cards, and other components. Of course, it depends what kind of thing you like!
Old December 24th, 2010, 09:26 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I think its fun to play. I'm hoping for an expansion. Some people have problems with it because:

1. You don't get to be Conan, he's an NPC who occasionally will score some points for you when you control him.

2. Since you are going from being a one space Kingdom to a multi-space Empire, you can sometimes win without much direct player interaction. Empires can be created by taking over neutral areas by diplomacy or battle rather than attacking another player's areas.

The game has some interesting mechanisms and nice pieces, cards, and other components. Of course, it depends what kind of thing you like!
Thanks. I have already ordered it. At that price it was tough to turn down.
Old December 25th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just picked up a cheap copy of this game too. I haven't had a chance to actually try it out yet though (most of my gamer friends work in retail/entertainment so the holidays are too busy to have many game nights). I'm really hoping I'll be able to give it a go after New Year's though.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old December 25th, 2010, 03:52 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

well it was also on ff's annual sale around thanksgiving..for I think 15 bucks....

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:18 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Great! I'll be very interested to hear what you guys think of it. I mentioned it a long time ago on a post, but no one commented at the time. I bought it when it first came out. I had fun researching Robert E. Howard (who was a very interesting guy) and Conan on the internet since then. There is a lot to read, even if you already know a bit about them already.

There is some discussion on boardgamegeek.com I find the Italians (like this game's designers) make the most beautiful games (like War of the Ring, for example)! They are considering adding naval piratical stuff, and extending the map to the several countries on Howard's map--but not in the game--to the East. This of course would easily allow you to add more players. I suspect they will also make some changes. There are FAQ out on the Fantasy Flight site. With the game becoming so discounted, I don't know if this will happen now...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games