Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 19th, 2008, 02:23 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Dallas NHSD '08 - Preliminary discussions

We need to get this one going. GB said he will not be available on 10/18 so I am going to pick this up and run with it.

I have already engaged a few of you on ironing out the venue. I hope to nail that done before the end of August.

Also, I want to make an effort to perhaps get some sponsors so we can have some nice prizes. I have a signed Skahen specifically for the Dallas NHSD along with a some other prize table type items.

I already have some thoughts going on maps, points, and glyphs, but would love to hear anything you guys have to offer.

Please post thoughts of any kind and I will update as we progress.
Lets get Dallas back up where it belongs!!!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 19th, 2008, 03:56 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dallas NHSD '08 - Preliminary discussions

No, no. You first by all means.
Old August 19th, 2008, 04:07 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I was thinking of something different on the point total. Like 490 perhaps. Or maybe a roll for it: 450Pts + (D20/2)*10 = X

I.E. 450 + (15/2)*10 = 525

Also, I have decided that the attack glyph in any form needs to go away. I have heard enough feedback at GenCon and other events that the Attack glyph decided the entire game. They are far too powerful. Maybe it will cut down on the rat builds to have less powerful glyphs and more one time use glyphs in the pool. I want to put the Healer (promotes Heroes) and Intercept Order in their place. Also, I think a dead glyph is warranted.

Old August 19th, 2008, 04:17 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love the idea of anything other than 500.

I'm also increasingly against most of the glyphs.

The October tourney has always been about a standard straight-up brawl. I'm ok with keeping it like that even though my taste has turned away from this sort of game.

Think we'll have more, or less people if we have it in North Richland Hills?
Old August 19th, 2008, 04:28 PM

We need a centralized location. I think many of us view NRH as too far as you guys would view Garland as too far. Something in Dallas proper at least on the west side would seem good. UPC is checking into a hotel conf room at 635 and toll way. Free is good but, I don't know that we get the participation we want at the Library, as good as it was. Lets keep that one in our back pocket and see what else we can drum up for location.

Old August 19th, 2008, 04:51 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

how about side boarding this time around? say up to 150 points?
I believe I should be open that weekend, though I know Ive got something coming up in october...can't think of what it is
but if need be I can help provide mappage.

Glyph's I'd only put a short pool of glyph, but than again overall I really dont use them myself, as half or so are really to overpowering to be used for tournament, ie +4 range, +2 def, etc.

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old August 19th, 2008, 05:09 PM

No...side boarding will have to be an off event, not for NHSD.

Glyph Pool I am advocating:

Defense +1
Intiative +8
Move +2
Lodin +1 to D20 roll
Healer
Intercept Order
Brandar (dead glyph)

Last edited by R˙chean; August 20th, 2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old August 19th, 2008, 05:55 PM

Wind? Wound?

Pit Trap? We could leave them face-down until someone steps on them?
Old August 19th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the idea of taking away the attack glyph(s). I also wouldn't mind seeing the defense glyphs go as well.

If as Velenne says, we're gonna straight up brawl, then do so without the enhancements. I personally wouldn't mind seeing just the temp glyphs in the pool. I wouldn't mind the offchance of a Mittensoul or Revive, either.

But that's glyphs.

I like the idea of rolling the d20 to figure out the army point totals.

And R˙chean, even if Rod can't make it, I can bring most of his terrain to use (speaking for ya without asking ). Any other help you need, please let me know.

One last idea, if you're running this thing - are you playing in it too? Because I think it would be kinda cool to have a map pool selected, except for maybe one or two "surprise" maps that no one will know about until the day of.

Oh, I hope you had a blast at Gencon.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 20th, 2008, 06:54 AM

neo0149 Woo who?

sup peeps. i like the idea of not using any glyphs at all. but if you do decide to use glyphs i too would rather not use the attack +1 and range 4 glyph and those other powerful ones. but i will most definitely be there. if you did go with the 20D roll. you would do it there at the beginning of the tourney? cause that sounds tight. not knowing how many points we will have to play with.

Good Traders Just_a_Bill

===>NEO_0149<===
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:55 AM

Points: I'm happy with pretty much anything except 500 and 520.

Maps: Not too many, please. I think six is a good number. 3 BoV, maybe 1 nominated but promising, 2 un-nominated.

Location: Centralized is good, probably something along 35E if possible to keep it easy on folks coming up from Houston or SA, or down from... y'know... :banjo chord:
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You guys are so going to rock this out! I will be able to pop by after work around 4:30ish to hang out with yall!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day