Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: When in June would we want to throw down?
June 16th? 5 83.33%
June 9th? 0 0%
June 2nd? 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 19th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Western Pa Tournament - June 16th, results and armies page 4

I have talked with the game shop and the date has been set to the 16th of June. I hope people can make it that date. The more the merrier.

Address:
Game Master's Realm
2284 Broadhead Road
Aliquippa Pa 15001

Tournament format:
Swiss style, winners play winners and the loser of each match will play the other losers of that round,
5 rounds total, 45 minute rounds,
One on one death matches.

Scoring will be like we did in the michigan tournament last month, 3 "skulls" for a win, 2 for a win after time is up, 1 for a tie, 0 for a loss. Then you count up your points you have left on the field (including wounded heroes for example, a Q9 with 2 wounds is only worth 90 points, a Krav squad with one figure left is worth 33 points, etc.) This scoring will be a tie breaker for final placement where you add the amount to your point score of the total points you have left if you win. Or you subtract the amount your opponent has if you lose.

Armies:
You are expected to bring 450 point armies that must include at least one figure from the master set (to make it fair to the selection that the local guys around the shop have access to), your own dice, order markers, wound markers, and any other special stuff you need for your army. Also the army is limited to 24 spaces for the starting zone.

No customs are permitted but repaints of official figures are welcome and encouraged. Proxies of official currently released figures are also permitted.

Tournament fee will be 5 dollars and bring a prize for the prize table. The five dollars pays the guy that owns the store for allowing us to use his facilities.

Doors open at 10:30, sign in will start around 11 AM and the tournament will start at noon.

Right now the game store has 3 master sets, I have 3 and royaldoy has his stash we will be using for maps. Are there any preferences to maps we use? We will be limited to our stuff, so they will more than likely be book scenarios but we can swing whatever you want. We might even do a large variety.

Prizes:
1 Master set
1 Orms Return Large Heroes set
1 booster of Soulborgs and Elves
1 Castle set
1 Volcarren Wasteland
1 Sir Gilbert
1 box of milkduds for last place
More to be announced as I find out what they are.

People coming:
Definates:
Tiberius
Royaldoy
Royaldoy's brother
Royaldoy's wife
Jesse
AJ
Jeff
Christina
Andy
Denny
Gamejuven
Starflyer
Soberman
Various Local high school students brought in through store advertisements (+6)

Maybes:
DaBluesman (+?)
Endpawn
Bubba

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:18 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!
I'm not saying Im coming for sure, but if it's on the 16th then I might be able to.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old April 19th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

That would be great to have you and some of the other guys come down. The dates are still up in the air as I have not talked with Brian, the owner of the store yet. My wife also informed me of a wedding that I may or may not have to go to on the 16th, so far we are not invited and that is the way I like it.

Anyhow, further info I forgot:

No customs in your army, you can bring proxies for official figures you do not own however, like hawthorne or EOVs or Nerak. Repaints are also accepted, but they will be used per the official figure.

What am I forgetting all you experienced hosts?

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:26 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hey Tiberius,

I can't make any of those dates, oh well, that sucks, but on the other hand I would be willing this one time only for you , to send a little chuck of gold for 1st place, your close enough to Ohio ( Ohio Rules, the only place to give real gold to the winner of tourneyments ), and you showed up first at my tourneyment last year , so that should count for a lot - and it does in my book.

I think that is a great idea, it is easier then you think to run one, everyone is just so happy to be there I don't think anyone minds a little chaos till it is all figured out.

I will let Bubba know about it, but I think him and Paul will be showing up if they don't have other things to do, Game on

? Food options? Do you have anything on the prize table yet?

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 05:55 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Myself and Royaldoy will be getting some heroscape prizes, we still need to hash out some stuff for first place and possibly last place. Damja's group in Michigan did something really cool for the last place having this travelling trophy that you get and add something to it, and then bring it back for next time. Great idea, we will see if I have time to implement something like that. Sending some gold would be awesome, I am appreciative of any donations people want to make to the prize table. I like the everyone bring something, everyone get something rule. Right now I have 7 definates and a whole bunch of maybe's. I will update as soon as I hear from some more people.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old April 22nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

I made some updates, the tournament will definately be on the 16th of June. Also if anyone has any extra card tables (fold up ones) they are willing to bring, that would be appreciated as well. Right now we have room for about 8-10 maps in the store on the tables they have, the more tables we have, the more maps we can set up. I can get the extra chairs.

I updated the prizes and the people coming as well to who has notified me to date.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old April 24th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Maps:

With the space we have available, the smaller the map, the more we can get so I didnt want any of the really long ones. I was looking closely at Eruption of Durgeth Keep and Soulrazor Canyon, both in the downloads section. Any comments or suggestions? I would like at least one or two more.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:11 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!
I am thinking about using this map in May. I haven't tested it yet, but it looks interesting. It has a small footprint, but is a pretty complex map.

Ember Canyon Road by Homba

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old April 24th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Unfortunately it takes up alot of expansions to build and we are a little short on RTTF and VWs. Especially if we are doing another map with lava on it. Maybe something with ice? It does look like a cool map though. I am expecting to get a bunch of local guys that are not on the site, I have yet to hear from the gaming shop with a number and I doubt I will until mid-may. Those guys plus who all might be coming is a big number of maps.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old April 24th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hey All,

I voted for June 2nd, cause there is a slight chance I may be in the area at the time.
So close to Ohio it almost feels like home..........

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old April 24th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Well if nothing else, we could hang out Hendal if you are in the area. I dont know if the tournament will happen then since so far the majority of the people I have talked to including the game store have said the 16th. But you are always welcome to come and hang and play a few rounds.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old April 25th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

First post updated with some more definates coming. If we get at least the turnout I get from kids that just show up to play on game nights, then we should have about 12 definates coming.

I also clarified some of the scoring, slightly different from the michigan group, but mostly the same. I did like their system.

Any suggestions for a third and fourth map?

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events