Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 26th, 2011, 02:40 AM

cptnoodleloaf Woo who?
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnoodleloaf View Post
Hey guys i was at the last tournament. I did all right, but now that i'm more experienced, and have more than a day to work on my army, i will be prepared to take you all on at the upcoming tournament.
( By the way, i didn't get last).
Old August 26th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We'll be glad to have you, Capt. Also, welcome to Heroscapers! Always good to see new faces around here.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:41 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart

Put me and Aaron down as maybe's for now. Were not sure will make it, but we are gonna try. As far as site goes, which ever is closest to Fresno . But either way, we'll go to where it is.

Just to make sure I have this right, every match starting with the second you roll a d20, even you play your own and odd you play your opponents army. I'm assuming its not every round during the match, just at the beginning of the match right.

What a crazy fromat for us noobs. May we borrow units again if we need them?

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old August 27th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yes, the d20 is rolled at the start of each round, so whatever army you play (yours or your opponents) is the army you play for the entire match.

As for borrowing units, I'm shore as always 'Scapers will be willing to lend out some units to help those in need out.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old August 27th, 2011, 08:50 AM

Gotcha. Thanks Ronin. Would you be willing to give a couple of minutes to decide how to play the opponents army before the match starts?

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old August 27th, 2011, 11:56 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Heya Ronin, have you had time to do a mass PM for this thread yet?

Also glad to see onibaku's willing to drive up from Fresno if he can...hope you can make it!

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:22 PM

zyx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

As far as I know I can make it.
Old August 29th, 2011, 06:31 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As to maps, I would love to see at least one of the TWAMP-lite maps (that we haven't already used) at the tournament.

Suggestions:

Ayrwode's Bluff by GameBear

Divide and Conquer by Dignan

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old August 29th, 2011, 09:13 PM

What are the qualifications for a map to be used in the tournament?

-Unknown
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:42 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onibaku06 View Post
Any of the BoV maps are tournament ready & almost any other 2 player map that has been used in at least a couple of tournaments are usually shoe-ins & one or two new ones can usually get in...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:06 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by onibaku06 View Post
1. Interesting
2. Balanced *
3. Play-tested

* Balanced is the toughest. You need to make sure the entire map is not heavily weighted against any particular class of unit (single-hex/double-hex, fliers/walkers, ranged/melee, etc.). You ought to physically build it and see if the problem units (usually the dragons) can get to or adjacent to most of the spaces on the board. I've noticed that, in general, most map designers try to get the glyph locations at least seven hexes away from the nearest start-zone space.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old August 30th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

+1 for Ayrwode's Bluff.

How about nyys' Underdark Forest again? It was at the Immortals Tourney in January, but I didn't get a chance to play it then (plus it was the location of a pretty epic final duel ).

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day