Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 4th, 2022, 09:18 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Today: Dungeon of Fortune, Star Wars Pandemic x2, Marvel Dice Throne and Endangered Orphans.

Old December 5th, 2022, 01:04 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Zombicide Undead or Alive arrived yesterday morning and I played the first mission last night. At first, I wasn't too excited with a tinge of buyer's remorse hefting the ice cooler-sized box into the house. By the start of the first turn, moving Turner on a ominously quiet and peaceful street, I was taken over with that cinematic and exciting quality Black Plague - my first Zombicide game - provided. it's good to be back in Zombicide!

First impressions hint at a more difficult game with Abominations getting many activations. Turner was wounded and surprised by a Bowler Hat Abomination getting another activation and trapping the gunfighter in the 0main intersection. The gatling gun was aching to go, Concepcion was ready to hurl dynamite, but Turner was trapped! Can't wait to set up my next play.

Last edited by Hex_Enduction_Hour; December 5th, 2022 at 01:37 PM.
Old December 6th, 2022, 12:47 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I got my copy of Dead or Alive a few weeks back and we got in one game so far. I picked up the long dead zombies (skeletons) too so we tried those out right away. They can't be shot, melee only, and they proved to be a challenge for us.
Old December 6th, 2022, 04:18 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I got my copy of Dead or Alive a few weeks back and we got in one game so far. I picked up the long dead zombies (skeletons) too so we tried those out right away. They can't be shot, melee only, and they proved to be a challenge for us.
I had another go at the M1: The Bandwagon and with six new survivors. When I realized Trixie had the Jump ability, my strategy vastly improved! XD I'll add in Long Dead Walkers at some point if only to pad out the zombie deck! Their resilience could just make it even more challenging. Gameplay's definitely more difficult than Black Plague. Vade Retro's a neat ability and I appreciate the rulebook example demonstrating that it nixes both activations of Runners. The Gatling Gun is a hoot to shoot!
Old December 6th, 2022, 04:56 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Death May Die and MTG again. I need to branch out a bit
Old December 6th, 2022, 08:42 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Yesterday, a four-player game of Fire and Axe.

Old December 18th, 2022, 11:08 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Had a grand day with four "playtests" of all the new official and Anitar's custom cards for the unfunded Heroscape: Age of Annihilation Factions with Taeblewalker. The next day I solitaired a couple of games with my own customs for the 5 SOTM Heroes. For army and other details see my signature line site, and AOA: Playing The New Factions in the new site section for AOA!

Played a great five player game of Star Trek Ascendancy, our first with the new Breen and Dominion factions for the first time (including Taeblewalker and Sherman Davies). Each of us went for the win at some point, and we had a great time, with SD finally claiming the win.

Multiplayers are back at The Game Palace, only a couple of days after I got out of the hospital! Hooray! Next multiplayer up: Hellenica: Story of Greece on Christmas Day itself, with my pal Bruce finally coming back down after Covid closed the Canadian border for a few years there, and Taeblewalker.

Last edited by chas; December 19th, 2022 at 02:37 AM.
Old December 18th, 2022, 09:28 PM

6-player Hellenica and 4-player Above and Below.

Old December 19th, 2022, 02:38 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Wow; nice! 6 Players is more than I can usually get down here.
Old December 26th, 2022, 01:25 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Just played Keep the Heroes Out (solo 2 player). Did the family mode difficulty to get a handle on the game. Looking forward to upping the ante, fun game.

Edit: Played another solo 2player, this time in "challenging" mode. Won again, though was kinda close. Lots of monster combos to go thru, the one in this game (Poltergeist and Witches) was pretty synergistic. Definitely had to think thru all the decisions, but was a very good combo. If I keep winning then I'm probably doing something wrong.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; December 26th, 2022 at 05:24 PM.
Old December 27th, 2022, 02:44 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Another go at Challenging Mode in Keep the Heroes Out. Won again. Losing condition was almost met a couple times, but was able to pull it out in the end. Realized I cheated a little in the 2nd game from yesterday, but I'm not convinced it would have changed the outcome.

So far I've either been incredibly skilled, lucky, both or the game is too easy. I may jump into Insane Mode and see what happens. If another W comes out of it, then I know I'm doing something wrong... hopefully.

-insert signature here-
Old December 27th, 2022, 10:01 PM

Three Sisters and Return to Dark Tower (cooperative three-player; we won).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games