Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 16th, 2012, 08:12 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!
Columbus, O-H-I-O NHSD 2012!

NHSD Columbus, Ohio - 10/20/12

As fans of the game who have attended and thoroughly enjoyed NHSD Columbus in the past, Wookie and I are going to try to keep this fun event running at least another year. Since I'm located in Cincinnati, and he is located in Dayton, we'll be organizing all of this remotely and may need a little extra help setting up on the day of the event. The advantage to this situation, like NHSD Columbus in the past, is that we hope to continue the "whole state and beyond coming together" vibe. Also, we don't consider this game dead by any means-- plastic doesn't decompose that fast -- and so we're going to try to include some of the more recent evolutions to the game to stay oriented on the present and future, not the past.

Date: Saturday, October 20, 2012

Time: 10:00ish AM to 5ish PM

10:00-11:30 - Setup/Registration. We are driving in from out of town to set this up, so we can't set things up the night before or show up much earlier. We would appreciate extra hands to set up boards in the morning. The more hands, the more likely we can start on time!

11:30-4:30 Rolling Rumble-- play as many games as time allows!

4:30-5:30 Prizes/ clean up

670 Lakeview Blvd Suite E
Worthington, OH 43085

Google Map to Location

This is the same location as the last two years.

Format:

1. Bring two armies, which cannot share any figures.
2. Before each game, dice off with your opponent. The winner chooses first army choice or second army choice.
3. First army choice may choose any of the four armies (yours or your opponent's). Second choice may choose any of the other three.

Here is an explanation of the Rolling Rumble format from last year:
Spoiler Alert!

555 points, 24 start spaces, partial card scoring

C3V and SoV Figures WILL be allowed, although Marvel will not.
Rational:
Spoiler Alert!

C3V and SoV BOOKS OF INDEX

Maps: Wookie will be organizing the maps-- see the second post in this thread.

Glyphs:
Power Glyphs:
Valda - move +2
Ulaniva- Unique Attack +1
Wannok - wound
Kelda - healer
Lodin - lucky 20

Treasure Glyphs:
Heroic Rune - Normal attack +1
Ring of Protection - Defense +3 (temporary)
Potion of Healing (temporary)
Elixir of Speed - Move +4 (temporary)
Brooch of Shielding - Disengage

Entry fee/Prizes: There is no entry fee; however, Wookie is paying a fee to rent the space, so if you are inclined you could donate $5 or so to offset that cost. He and I will also provide some extra prizes for the prize table. If you also provide a prize for the prize table, you can pick out one at the end. The top player will pick from the prize table first, etc. Prizes can be anything...Heroscape related, other games, or even a gift certificate to somewhere. The venue is in an office park, and there are no retail stores within walking distance. If you want to contribute a prize, please make sure you bring one with you.

Need Extra Figures? Between the two of us, we have multiples of nearly everything. Let me know what you need (PM me so everyone doesn't know what you're bringing!), and if it is available we'll be happy to bring it for you to use!

Attendees:
(). Wookie (will play if needed to round out pairs)
1. killercactus
2. Fedex worker
3. Nirek
4. Father of Julian
5. Storm Shadow
6. buckeyefan837
7. DragonSlayer2
8. heroscaper2010
9. Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
10. Southwest Ninja
11. +1 with heroscaper2010
12-14. +3 with Nirak
15-16. Chill+1

Possibles:
TheAverageFan
+1 with Nirak

Total including possibles: 18

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song

Last edited by Johnnylama; October 19th, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old September 16th, 2012, 08:13 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Columbus, O-H-I-O NHSD 2012!

MAPS

Johnnylama
will bring

Scavenger's Folly

Ice Blossom

Arcane Sanctum
Requires: 1 BftU + 1 FotA + 1 Marvel
11-26-10

The water & walkway tiles on top of the pillars will not be there.

Stygian Rift Download PDF

If you can't take the heat...

Can't see the jungle...

Noctis - - download

Blackroot

FOSSIL

Wookie will bring

Mad_wookie's Capuan Arena.

Frossenmere - added 5/5/2012 - download

Embattled Fen

Flash Fire

Mole Hills by Jonathan & R˙chean

Fire Isles by Yagyuninja

Desolation Pass

Sirocco
Requires: 2 BftU, 1 TJ

Mike's Maze by WOOKIE

Download

HEROSCAPER 2010 will bring

Convolution 2.0
Takes 1 RotV, 1 TJ, 1 FF (no trees), 1 FotA

Download

The Hotway or the Highway
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 VW, 1 FotA

NIREK will bring

Build Instructions are here.

I will keep on adding maps. If you would like to bring one, let me know.

PRIZES
R˙chean contributed a Castle & Marvel set.
I will bring a ROTV, SOTM, BFTU, Orm's Return, dice, packs & a first place trophy.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.

Last edited by WOOKIE; October 19th, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old September 16th, 2012, 08:21 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Could you still play if you arrived late? I wouldn't be there until 12-12:30. I have football in the morning. .

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old September 16th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmm! This could be fun! Can't say for certain now that we will be able to make it if it happens, though... We'll see.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 17th, 2012, 07:06 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

My grandpa and I are definites as long as there's nothing going on. I'll know by tonight, only I will be playing.
Old September 17th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

looks great, the new figures seems like not everyone would have access to them, and I have never really looked at them, so I am going to say it looks interesting, but not for me, have an awesome time!

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old September 17th, 2012, 07:56 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll be there for sure. I need to talk with my crew and see how many I can get to join me. I expect that it'll be at least 4 of us, but can't be sure.

Also, how's come we're not doing the bring-two-armies-and-dice-off-for-one-of-the-four format that's going around? That looked super fun.

Either way, I'm super excited, and really glad that we're allowing C3V/SoV. Now to determine which "official" customs to bring...
Old September 17th, 2012, 08:42 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

You guy just made my day with the point total and format. I too would love the "bring 2 armies and dice-off" thing, because there are 3 armies I've been dying to play in a 550 point tourney for a long time, and would love to bring 2 of them. At least we know there will be a new champ this year, because I highly doubt any of my 3 choices can win the day, but you never know!

I'm in. I should have at least one more with me. I'll see if I can scrounge up anymore, but it's probably just me +1.

I'll try to get there as early as I can, but I'm driving 3 hours so that'll be tough.

And Hendal - if C3V/SoV is turning you off, I'd strongly suggest you reconsider. I've looked at / played with a lot of the new stuff, and I promise that none of it is game-breaking by any means. In my experience, there won't be a ton of it at the event either, though you'll probably see a little bit. I most likely won't be running any myself, because I've wanted to play these 3 armies SO BAD at a tourney, and none of them include it. Don'tiss a day of awesome scape because of them, trust me.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:33 AM

Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker

Father of Julian and Storm Shadow would be honored to attend.
Old September 17th, 2012, 11:03 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Julian View Post
Father of Julian and Storm Shadow would be honored to attend.
Good - I owe you a whoopin. You and your disgusting Cyprien D20 cost me a perfect record last year.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 17th, 2012, 12:37 PM

Double-post

So you guys know, I signed us up in the Prize Support thread, estimating 20-30 players and naming WOOKIE and Johnny the organizers. Guys - if you want me to change something, let me know.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 17th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

killerC - they don't turn me off that much, I actually have looked through half of them today, 1st time, but I have no chance of having them or being able to bring them so it is kind of a turn off ( I could try them out by using a proxie I understand but I doubt that is aloud in the tourney ), I also will probably not be in Ohio, but if I am I will sign up and show up.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day