Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 12th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
I wish people would quit crying about the hole spygate thing. Did they cheat? Yup. Does it suck? Yup. Was it completely unfair and against the spirit of the game? Yup. Does your team cheat too, whether you know it or not? Yup. It constantly amazes me the amount of Pats and Brady bashing there is now. People hate the Pats because they are winners (a bit smug about it I can admit) and they hate Brady because he (it appears anyway) has everything.
Move on.
I never said I hate the Pats. i said I don't like them. There's a difference. And no, I was merely pointing out the reason why so many don't like them. Personally, I think the whole thing was really blown out of proportion.

And no, the Pack doesn't cheat. They're so good that even cheating can't make them better.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old September 12th, 2008, 04:58 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty the Awasome View Post
And no, the Pack doesn't cheat. They're so good that even cheating can't make them better.
Either that or they're so bad, that not even cheating can help them.
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper314 View Post
Quote:
I'll assume you're a Bears fan then?

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:17 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper314 View Post
Quote:
I'll assume you're a Bears fan then?
You assume correctly.
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Vikings just aren't all that good. The Packers on the other hand have the most Super Bowl wins in the entire NFL.
Um, sorry to dissapoint you, but no. Th 49ers and the Steelers both have 5 Super Bowl wins. The Packers only have I think 3, and only 1 with Brett Farve.

Old September 12th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94 View Post
Quote:
Vikings just aren't all that good. The Packers on the other hand have the most Super Bowl wins in the entire NFL.
Um, sorry to dissapoint you, but no. Th 49ers and the Steelers both have 5 Super Bowl wins. The Packers only have I think 3, and only 1 with Brett Farve.
Don't forget Dallas!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94 View Post
Quote:
Sorry, I got mixed up. I read that the Packer's have the most league championships than any other team, not Super Bowls.
Old September 12th, 2008, 06:18 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
I wish people would quit crying about the hole spygate thing. Did they cheat? Yup. Does it suck? Yup. Was it completely unfair and against the spirit of the game? Yup. Does your team cheat too, whether you know it or not? Yup. It constantly amazes me the amount of Pats and Brady bashing there is now. People hate the Pats because they are winners (a bit smug about it I can admit) and they hate Brady because he (it appears anyway) has everything.
Move on.
I never said I hate the Pats. i said I don't like them. There's a difference. And no, I was merely pointing out the reason why so many don't like them. Personally, I think the whole thing was really blown out of proportion.

Well I'll say it. I don't like the Pats. The main reasons are the head coach. I think he's a little too arrogant. Also when the Colts beat them in the AFC Championship Brady didn't even have the respect for Manning to congragulate him on the field.

I guess it doesn't help that the Pats whooped up on the Colts a few times in the playoffs before the Colts finally got em'. LOL!

I too was rooting for them when it came to the Super Bowl vs the Rams.

The whole "spygate" is blown WAY outta proportion. All teams cheat in one way or another. The Pats just happen to get caught, that's all.

And on a final note. I think there is something to be said about a team getting grief for winning too much. It's like you get a "hate target" painted on the back of your jersey.

</IMG>
Old September 12th, 2008, 07:55 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For the kids:
Spoiler Alert!

The Colts' stat is a little misleading, as the Ravens actually have 1 title. So, there ya go.

Also, J-unit, along with some help from Shades fan are right on the money as the Steelers (5), Cowboys (5), and 49ers (5) are all tied for the most Super Bowl wins.

Last edited by Soul Shackle; September 12th, 2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old September 12th, 2008, 08:43 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks SS for that very informative list of Super Bowl winners! While the Packers do have the most Super Bowl wins of any of the teams in NFL history, it should be noted that most of those were in the sixties (or around the sixties) in the good old days when our coach was Vince Lombardi, and we had amazing players like Bart Starr. If I remember right, the Packers went to the Super Bowl seven years in a row.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old September 12th, 2008, 10:06 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
Thanks SS for that very informative list of Super Bowl winners! While the Packers do have the most Super Bowl wins of any of the teams in NFL history, it should be noted that most of those were in the sixties (or around the sixties) in the good old days when our coach was Vince Lombardi, and we had amazing players like Bart Starr. If I remember right, the Packers went to the Super Bowl seven years in a row.

7 years in a row! LOL!

Here's the list.

Game Date Winning Team Score Losing Team Venue City ReferenceIJanuary 15, 1967Green Bay Packers35–10Kansas City ChiefsLos Angeles Memorial ColiseumLos Angeles, Californiaa[›][4]IIJanuary 14, 1968Green Bay Packers (2)33–14Oakland RaidersMiami Orange BowlMiami, Floridab[›][5]IIIJanuary 12, 1969New York Jets16–7Baltimore ColtsMiami Orange Bowl (2)Miami, Florida (2)b[›][6]IVJanuary 11, 1970Kansas City Chiefs23–7Minnesota VikingsTulane StadiumNew Orleans, Louisiana[7]

[edit] NFL Championships

National Football Conference (NFC)American Football Conference (AFC)Game Date Winning Team Score Losing Team Venue City ReferenceVJanuary 17, 1971Baltimore Colts16–13Dallas CowboysMiami Orange Bowl (3)Miami, Florida (3)b[›][8]VIJanuary 16, 1972Dallas Cowboys24–3Miami DolphinsTulane Stadium (2)New Orleans, Louisiana (2)[9]VIIJanuary 14, 1973Miami Dolphins14–7Washington RedskinsLos Angeles Memorial Coliseum (2)Los Angeles, California (2)a[›][10]VIIIJanuary 13, 1974Miami Dolphins (2)24–7Minnesota VikingsRice StadiumHouston, Texas[11]IXJanuary 12, 1975Pittsburgh Steelers16–6Minnesota VikingsTulane Stadium (3)New Orleans, Louisiana (3)[12]XJanuary 18, 1976Pittsburgh Steelers (2)21–17Dallas Cowboysc[›]Miami Orange Bowl (4)Miami, Florida (4)b[›][13]XIJanuary 9, 1977Oakland Raiders32–14Minnesota VikingsRose Bowl StadiumPasadena, California (3)a[›][14]XIIJanuary 15, 1978Dallas Cowboys (2)27–10Denver BroncosLouisiana SuperdomeNew Orleans, Louisiana (4)[15]XIIIJanuary 21, 1979Pittsburgh Steelers (3)35–31Dallas CowboysMiami Orange Bowl (5)Miami, Florida (5)b[›][16]XIVJanuary 20, 1980Pittsburgh Steelers (4)31–19Los Angeles RamsRose Bowl Stadium (2)Pasadena, California (4)a[›][17]XVJanuary 25, 1981Oakland Raiders (2)c[›]27–10Philadelphia EaglesLouisiana Superdome (2)New Orleans, Louisiana (5)[18]XVIJanuary 24, 1982San Francisco 49ers26–21Cincinnati BengalsPontiac SilverdomePontiac, Michigana[›][19]XVIIJanuary 30, 1983Washington Redskins27–17Miami DolphinsRose Bowl Stadium (3)Pasadena, California (5)a[›][20]XVIIIJanuary 22, 1984Los Angeles Raiders (3)38–9Washington RedskinsTampa StadiumTampa, Florida[21]XIXJanuary 20, 1985San Francisco 49ers (2)38–16Miami DolphinsStanford StadiumStanford, California[22]XXJanuary 26, 1986Chicago Bears46–10New England Patriotsc[›]Louisiana Superdome (3)New Orleans, Louisiana (6)[23]XXIJanuary 25, 1987New York Giants39–20Denver BroncosRose Bowl Stadium (4)Pasadena, California (6)a[›][24]XXIIJanuary 31, 1988Washington Redskins (2)42–10Denver BroncosJack Murphy Stadiumd[›]San Diego, California[25]XXIIIJanuary 22, 1989San Francisco 49ers (3)20–16Cincinnati BengalsJoe Robbie Stadiumd[›]Miami, Florida (6)b[›][26]XXIVJanuary 28, 1990San Francisco 49ers (4)55–10Denver BroncosLouisiana Superdome (4)New Orleans, Louisiana (7)[27]XXVJanuary 27, 1991New York Giants (2)20–19Buffalo BillsTampa Stadium (2)Tampa, Florida (2)[28]XXVIJanuary 26, 1992Washington Redskins (3)37–24Buffalo BillsMetrodomeMinneapolis, Minnesota[29]XXVIIJanuary 31, 1993Dallas Cowboys (3)52–17Buffalo Billsc[›]Rose Bowl Stadium (5)Pasadena, California (7)a[›][30]XXVIIIJanuary 30, 1994Dallas Cowboys (4)30–13Buffalo BillsGeorgia DomeAtlanta, Georgia[31]XXIXJanuary 29, 1995San Francisco 49ers (5)49–26San Diego ChargersJoe Robbie Stadium (2)d[›]Miami, Florida (7)b[›][32]XXXJanuary 28, 1996Dallas Cowboys (5)27–17Pittsburgh SteelersSun Devil StadiumTempe, Arizonaa[›][33]XXXIJanuary 26, 1997Green Bay Packers (3)35–21New England PatriotsLouisiana Superdome (5)New Orleans, Louisiana ([34]XXXIIJanuary 25, 1998Denver Broncosc[›]31–24Green Bay PackersQualcomm Stadium (2)d[›]San Diego, California (2)[35]XXXIIIJanuary 31, 1999Denver Broncos (2)34–19Atlanta FalconsPro Player Stadium (3)d[›]Miami, Florida (b[›][36]XXXIVJanuary 30, 2000St. Louis Rams23–16Tennessee Titansc[›]Georgia Dome (2)Atlanta, Georgia (2)[37]XXXVJanuary 28, 2001Baltimore Ravensc[›]34–7New York GiantsRaymond James StadiumTampa, Florida (3)[38]XXXVIFebruary 3, 2002New England Patriots20–17St. Louis RamsLouisiana Superdome (6)New Orleans, Louisiana (9)[39]XXXVIIJanuary 26, 2003Tampa Bay Buccaneers48–21Oakland RaidersQualcomm Stadium (3)d[›]San Diego (3)[40]XXXVIIIFebruary 1, 2004New England Patriots (2)32–29Carolina PanthersReliant StadiumHouston, Texas (2)[41]XXXIXFebruary 6, 2005New England Patriots (3)24–21Philadelphia EaglesALLTEL StadiumJacksonville, Florida[42]XLFebruary 5, 2006Pittsburgh Steelers (5)c[›]21–10Seattle SeahawksFord FieldDetroit, Michigan (2)[43]XLIFebruary 4, 2007Indianapolis Colts (2)29–17Chicago BearsDolphin Stadium (4)d[›]Miami Gardens, Florida (9)b[›][44]XLIIFebruary 3, 2008New York Giants (3)c[›]17–14New England PatriotsUniversity of Phoenix StadiumGlendale, Arizona (2)a[›][45]
Old September 12th, 2008, 10:54 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
And on a final note. I think there is something to be said about a team getting grief for winning too much. It's like you get a "hate target" painted on the back of your jersey.
Yep, any team that wins 'too much' will eventually turn from the everyone jump on the bandwagon Cinderella story to the most vile and evil of all time. It goes in cycles and shall continue.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV