Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 13th, 2015, 06:05 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Kinseth's Customs - Updated Jan 8th - Ogre Savage

That looks like a lot of power for 75 points. I know the negative is supposed to offset the low cost, but it doesn't look to me like it factors in the bonding factor from the Death Chasers--if they can't move or attack with Uzog they can just activate another hero instead.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 13th, 2015, 06:19 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

You also have to remember that the negative is, Uzog could be left in a unfavorable spot on OM1 when he is "Stuck" after destroying a creature. Sure Death Chasers could help defend him, and you could use another Bonding unit. There are several things that could go wrong with him though, and while his health is high, he is fairly weak to start with. He can take a "While" to get going.

I'm interested in hearing about other opinions though.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 14th, 2015, 03:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

It's only a lot of power for 75 points in the case where you are playing Deathchasers and don't have quite enough to afford the OP. The OP is pretty clearly a better bonding option in the large majority of cases. If Uzog were something other than wild then suddenly he's being compared to a different set of figures.

Uzog is a tough figure to find good comparisons for. The only figure that shares his statline is the Ogre Pulverizer, and double attack is so good that it's hard to get past that and do a comparison. That said, compare him as-is to Sir Hawthorne.
  • Both have 4 attack and 6 life.
  • Blind Rage Special Attack is a more consistently useful power than Gruesome Display.
  • Stab in the Back is probably a less damaging power than Trophy Skulls.
  • Hawthorne bonds with Knights, who are at least on par with Deathchasers.
  • Hawthorne lacks large immunities but has an extra defense die, which is great when you have 6 life.

All told I can easily justify 15 more points for Hawthorne.
Old February 14th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

TAF's worthless opinion:

Uzog's negative is so bad that 75 points almost still seems a little high. Sure you can try to save it for OM 3 but with the 20d requirement it's a risk. Plus while you're standing there you're mighty susceptible. If you can live the three rounds maximum to get all the markers, then you deserve 7 attack. The Tawaga Samurai on the other hand can get the three experience markers in a single turn with some successful attacks.

For his points the closest thing I can think of is Martial La Hire, who is clearly better but has few (if any) synergies. Uzog's for the Deathchasers though, but I have a hard time seeing him reaching his full potential without heavily relying on other, debatably better Ogres at the same time. He does stand out in a few ways, however:

Reasons to play Uzog over other Ogres (or other Taskmasters):
1: Pretty cheap (ends in 5 too in case you've got odd number of Death Chasers)
2: Higher Attack potential than any other bonding option (7 vs. 3, 4 & 5)
3: Doesn't hurt himself (Mine! Lumbering Bully) or friendlies (Flail Hurricane)

So I think he has a place amongst their ranks. Uzog gets TheAverageFan's completely subjective, opinion-based, probably-wrong-in-every-way approval.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 15th, 2015, 01:54 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

@TheAverageFan Thanks for your input, glad I got your seal of approval !

I am starting to work on a Gnoll Faction. In the June release of Pathfinder Mini's called Dungeons Deep. So far there are 3 Gnolls. I hope they add a couple more to completely fill out a Gnoll Faction.

Retchtongue Clan! I like the idea of a common squad called Retchtongue Warband and the guy with a whip, something like a Taskmaster. But much depends on what else is released with them.

Designing them around the core ideas of Gnolls, that they need leaders to keep them in order and they prefer to overwhelm the enemy with numbers.

Old March 4th, 2015, 04:54 PM

Re: Kinseth's Customs - Gnoll Faction the works.

Couple of guys I am working on, Hoping to see Pathfinder release 1-2 more figures in this upcoming release.

I am working for interaction with The Gnolls where the Gnoll heroes are needed to give direction to the Gnoll Squad.

I have a couple of Cool "Ambush" powers that I am going to try to work with and compare them to Gnoll Scouting Party ability.

Typo on Gnoll War Cheifs - Special attack, should read that he can only target figures that are currently engaged with a figure you control. I'll update it when I have a chance to upload a new version.

Old March 4th, 2015, 05:40 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Thanks for the post on Gnoll figures coming in the next Pathfinder release. The NWHC group that I work with has some Gnolls from the D&D mini line that I think came out very well.

For these two cards, I could see simplifying things a bit for the bonding between hero and squad.

Retchtongue's: change Gnoll Leadership to >

GNOLL PACK BONDING
After revealing an order marker on this Army Card, before taking a turn with the Retchtongue Warband, you may first take a turn with a Gnoll Hero you control. If you do not take a turn with a Gnoll hero, you may move and attack with one additional Retchtongue Warband figure.

Drop the Scouting Party and keep Flanking.

Cost: 50 points

Gnoll War Chief: Is he an Uncommon Hero?

suggestion:change Strength in Numbers to >

PACK LEADERSHIP
If there are 3 or more Gnolls you control within 5 spaces of this Gnoll War Chief, this Gnoll War Chief may attack one additional time with its normal attack.

Drop Warbow, drop Attack to 3 and Increase Range to 4 and add:

PACK TACTICS
When this Gnoll War Chief attacks an opponent's figure that is engaged with at least one other Gnoll you control, add 1 to it's attack dice.

Drop Gnoll orders

Cost: 110 points
Old March 4th, 2015, 06:20 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Their left-side box does not look correct to me.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 4th, 2015, 06:23 PM

@capsocrates - Yeah I must have had the wrong layers selected in my photoshop template. Nice catch!

Old March 14th, 2015, 10:21 PM

Just what I wanted to hear, a Gnoll leader for the upcoming Pathfinder release just announced. The Gnoll Faction grows!

Old March 17th, 2015, 05:59 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Rechetoungue Warband
This is an interesting take on the two figure squad. I think Gnoll Leadership is an interesting take on making Gnoll heroes matter for them, but Gnoll Scouting Party seems to go a step too far in that direction. Both powers are interesting ways to address two figure squads, but in conjunction the powers feel muddied. I would pick a direction stick with it. Flanking is perhaps a thematic choice for the faction and perhaps could work for them, although the time of it alongside Gnoll Scouting Party doesn't synergize that well.

Gnoll War Chief
Strength in numbers is an interesting power that encourages you to keep gnolls handy. It follows the same strategy as the Warbow, although I don't quite understand the thematic reason behind that one. Gnoll Orders feels a bit heavy-handed overall. Normally such a power would just be straight bonding on the squad in question or even some command unit that would take the order markers and give out turns to the squad. This instead feels like a way to free up space on your squad by putting it on your hero instead. Might I suggest working in some form of bonding with the squad, perhaps where you keep your pack theme by allowing you to activate an additional squad member as long as they are within a certain number of spaces of a gnoll hero you control.

I like the idea of the faction and I am interested in seeing further contributions and how things iterate from here. Have you thought much of their class and personality?
Old March 18th, 2015, 01:02 AM

Thanks for the responses so far, some good suggestions that made sense.

Part of the theme I am trying to represent in the figures is the Gnoll mentality. Taken from the D20 source information on Gnolls.

Gnolls like to attack when they have the advantage of numbers, using horde tactics and their physical strength to overwhelm and knock down their opponents. They show little discipline when fighting unless they have a strong leader; at such times, they can maintain ranks and fight as a unit. While they do not usually prepare traps, they do use ambushes and try to attack from a flanking position.

These guys are still very much a work in progress, just wanted to get some of my progressions down on paper. I'll write more tomorrow, where I feel they are and what I feel they might be lacking.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards