Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:44 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Uncommon Heroes in Classic Scape?

I was just wondering today what kinda of Uncommon heroes classic scape will get. Will we get an Uncommon Marro Warlord? An Uncommon Viper warlord? A new Viking hero? Uncommon Soulborgs?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:25 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Uncommon Heroes in Classic Scape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I was just wondering today what kinda of Uncommon heroes classic scape will get. Will we get an Uncommon Marro Warlord? An Uncommon Viper warlord? A new Viking hero? Uncommon Soulborgs?
I wouldn't think about it, personally. I don't want to get my hopes up.

*Runs away before the flames appear*
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:40 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Well, on the off chance that we ever did get Classic back, I did think of many ideas for uncommon heroes that could be good:

Mounted Dragon Fighter for Jandar; helps the Templar and does good against Dragons
Venoc/Armoc Constrictor: Big heavy hitter with something similar to Coil Crush
Large Mantis: Aquilla figure, another Predator
Space Marine Mech: Based on Grungebob's idea of have several different types of Space Marine figures that work together, I imagine a mech suit type figure would be good as an uncommon hero.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:56 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Since the debut of the uncommon hero, I've thought that the Deathwalkers should have been uncommon. It would be neat to see a new buff to the 'walkers, and, at their cost, drafting multiples certainly wouldn't be unbalancing. Anyway...

For original classic releases, I'd like to see a decent uncommon for each of the soulborg factions. Also, some other mounted orc heroes as uncommons would be cool.

On the DND side of things, I'm really hoping the next wave (or waves-you know they're not going to stop at D3) will have an uncommon Drider. That, and maybe a lizard-rider, would make the Drow feel whole to me.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:52 AM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Since the debut of the uncommon hero, I've thought that the Deathwalkers should have been uncommon. It would be neat to see a new buff to the 'walkers, and, at their cost, drafting multiples certainly wouldn't be unbalancing. Anyway...

For original classic releases, I'd like to see a decent uncommon for each of the soulborg factions. Also, some other mounted orc heroes as uncommons would be cool.

On the DND side of things, I'm really hoping the next wave (or waves-you know they're not going to stop at D3) will have an uncommon Drider. That, and maybe a lizard-rider, would make the Drow feel whole to me.

I hope the Driders are a squad, with THIS as an uncommon hero.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old July 2nd, 2010, 03:05 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

I think thematically only cheap heroes should be uncommon. I like the idea of expensive heroes being special enough to get a name.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:38 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If they ever did go back to classic, which I don't belive they will, uncommon heroes would be un-neccesary. Uncommons were brought about by the lack of suitable minis for squads, and the fact that common heroes aren't playable without a boost mechanic. (See Kurrock, or the wyrmlings) So not enough squads, and you don't want to have lackluster common heroes running about, and you certainly don't want to flood the feild with uniques. Boom, the uncommon hero.

With a return to classic, they will be making new minis. Thus uncommon hero will be largely un-needed mechanic.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:40 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
If they ever did go back to classic, which I don't belive they will, uncommon heroes would be un-neccesary. Uncommons were brought about by the lack of suitable minis for squads, and the fact that common heroes aren't playable without a boost mechanic. (See Kurrock, or the wyrmlings) So not enough squads, and you don't want to have lackluster common heroes running about, and you certainly don't want to flood the feild with uniques. Boom, the uncommon hero.

With a return to classic, they will be making new minis. Thus uncommon hero will be largely un-needed mechanic.
I disagree here, simply because the mechanic is really good. You are right about how it came about, but it's not a lame mechanic but something that really adds to the game. I, for one, would be sad to see it disappear (though seeing it less would be fine).

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:44 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post

I disagree here, simply because the mechanic is really good. You are right about how it came about, but it's not a lame mechanic but something that really adds to the game. I, for one, would be sad to see it disappear (though seeing it less would be fine).
This I agree with. I don't really like all the common/uncommon heroes that have come out recently. It seems like everything has to be an un(common) hero in the past couple waves. Personally, I preferred the (pretty much) standard Wave: 1 Pack of 5 Heroes, 3 Packs each with two squads.

Just my opinion.

~Rednax
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:48 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm not a huge uncommon hero fan either, but I see that they have a place in the game.

Classic could use a couple of Uncommon Heroes - an Ullar Warlord of some kind and a Grok-boosting Warlord could help, but there's one that would really be awesome.

Uncommon Elf Wizard FTW.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; July 2nd, 2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: The thing is, D&D could do an Ullar Warlord and an Elf Wizard, but we need classic for a Grok/Viper
Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:19 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

OK so here are my thoughts, maybe with the return of Classic they will change the wave style a little bit. 2 common squad packs, 1 Uncommon/Common Hero pack, and 1 Unique Hero pack. That would be fun. I really like the Uncommon mechanic, I think it should carry into Classic scape. It adds so much to the game. Do you really think a Fen Hydra would have a name? (Who wants a Common Hydra?) I would also like to see some Uncommon Marro figures. I think the Marro faction could use some Uncommon Heroes. (Something like Me-Burq-Sa could be Uncommon)
Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:24 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Do you really think a Fen Hydra would have a name?
Bob.

Serious now. There have been uniques before that lack names. For example, we had to come up with a name for the Venoc Walord: Mittens.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion