Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old July 29th, 2008, 09:28 PM

rickert is surprisingly tart
Re: D&D Miniatures...

I think the new 2.0 rules are great and much more intuitive. I haven't played much under the old rules but plan to get more into it with the new rules. At least in this game I can "legally" play with Drizzt.
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:23 PM

RedSkullz is surprisingly tart

Is anyone looking for a trade for D+D minis for heroscape figures? I also have alot of mage knight and heroclix.(hc inventory is just over 1000 miniatures) I need any figures from any hs sets other than Swarm of the Marro...also want custom cards too!

Oh yeah D+D minis....i really like the old D+D minis rules, and i even like the pre-ddm D+D chainmail miniatures more....i find the new rulset to be too simple.

Last edited by RedSkullz; August 18th, 2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: about D+D minis
Old August 18th, 2008, 10:34 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkullz View Post
Is anyone looking for a trade for D+D minis for heroscape figures?
What DDM do you have for trade?
Old August 18th, 2008, 11:21 PM

I have a 90% accurate list at http://www.maxminis.com/ (username redskullz)

Last edited by RedSkullz; August 18th, 2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:39 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkullz View Post
I have a 90% accurate list at http://www.maxminis.com/ (username redskullz)
Alright, I will take a look and get back to you (I am goin on vacation later this week and may not be able to get back to you beforwe then -- I will be back around the 29th or 30th of August). Is there anything from HS in particular that you want?
Old August 19th, 2008, 03:47 PM

Allright cool...i am looking for almost all heroscape figures.(i dont need anything from the swarm of the marro set) I am actually leaving on vacation the same day you are getting home.(gone from aug 30th-sept 5th)
Old September 9th, 2008, 03:38 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

I am thinking about getting the new starter set, I have never played any other minis game before.(other than HS) How does this game compare to Heroscape? I know the maps are fold outs, and you get to use the mighty D20. Break it down for me y'alls.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:12 AM

Ted has disabled reputation

it is not a bad game although I am no expert. I have not played the new version but the previous one was pretty good. I enjoy HS much more so and the collectability factor of the minis has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Anyone else want to ring in on this?
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

DDM 2.0 is a fun game. It's a streamlined form of the basic combat system in D&D 4th without any rpg aspect. I think it's easier to play than DDM 1.0. It's not as good as Heroscape but still fun. Here are a few pros and cons:

Pros:

1. Fairly simple rules overall.
2. The game doesn't have to take long as damage values are made to remove units quickly (game time will decrease as you get more familiar with the game).
3. Cool figures which are useful for many other games (the base sizes are based on 1" grids so they work in many formats).
4. All information for the unit is on the card and that makes it easy to track damage, ability use and when a specific unit has activated.

Cons:
1. Blind purchase (something easy to fix with the secondary market but getting some of the rarer units can be expensive).
2. 2d. No official rules for 3d terrain.
3. Can be susceptible to power creep and power escalation (i.e. facing someone with access to more figures can cause balance issues if you only have access to a limited number of figures).

I probably wouldn't buy DDM 2.0 just for the miniature game aspect but if you plan to use the miniatures for other games (e.g. custom HS units or for an RPG game) than having the option to play the miniature game is a win/win situation in my book.

Newb.

Last edited by LilNewbie; September 10th, 2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old September 10th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

DDM is a great value if you also want minis for RPGs or just because you like having generic fantasy miniatures lying around. I have used these figures for a great number of things, and that's made me feel my purchases were all worthwhile.

Last edited by mrbistro; September 10th, 2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: bad style
Old September 10th, 2008, 02:57 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro View Post
DDM is a great value if you also want minis for RPGs or just because you like having generic fantasy miniatures lying around. I have used these things for a great number of things, and that's made me feel my purchases were all worthwhile.
I think I'll give it a shot, if nothing else I'll have some customs for HS.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old September 10th, 2008, 03:50 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I trying to trade for some DDM just so I can use them with Song of Blades & Heroes. I might eventually snag some off of E-Bay.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures