Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 21st, 2010, 12:36 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
NHSD Long Island - Oct 16th

NHSD Long Island Heroscape league - Oct 16th

The Long Island Heroscape League is just about to start our 5th season and we thought of no better way to kick it off than have our opening game day on National Heroscape Day. This is our first year participating in this national event and we're very excited about it!

When:
October 16th, 2010

Where:
Ravenblood Games
1163 Old Country Road
Plainview, NY
516-935-7400

Ravenblood Games is in the Plainview Commons Shopping Center. (I'm including the directions from their web site below.)

Time:
We plan on arriving at the store around 12:30 with gaming starting at 1:00.

Tournament Style:
We are really shooting for a fun afternoon of gaming with "fun" having priority over "winning" here.

Therefore we are going to skip the whole tournament scoring thing. The idea here is to meet new people and simply play some Heroscape rather than get involved with score keeping, rankings, etc.

With that said we will, however, keep a simple bracket with single game eliminations to declare an ultimate winner for the day. The last person standing will be declared "The Long Island National Heroscape Day Ultimate Winner!" Hazzah!

Games will approximately an hour in length with winners being determined by points. We may modify the time if we are running slightly behind blah, blah, blah. Does any of this really matter that much? Did I mention that FUN was the priority here? We'll call them as we see them. Don't argue with us. Go run your own National Heroscape Game Day. Then you can make all the rules you want.....

Prizes:
You want prizes? Go to some other fancy tournament then, like the ones they run in Texas or Massachusetts. This is just Long Island. Sheezh.

Cost:
Well, OK, if you want to pay me I'll except large bills. It doesn't cost anything to come to our Game Day but if you feel compelled to pay somebody something then talk to me. I'm the big green guy.

Army Details
:
510 point armies for the day. Play whatever official figures you'd like, including Marvel. As far as we are concerned you can even play different armies for each game, as long as they are 510 points or under. It's not the army you use so much as the player's skill here. Besides, it's no fun playing the same old army all day now is it?

If Hasbro/WotC made it for Heroscape then you can play it. But if you cut it, glued it, painted it, stapled it or mangled it in anyway, you can't use it. And you especially can't use it if you made your own little card for it, no matter how cool you may think it is.

Maps:
We are suppling the maps. Don't know at the moment what maps they'll be. We'll pick a bunch the day before and stay up all night building them. If you've ever run one of these things then you know exactly how it is.....

Glyphs:
I'm sure we'll have some.

Anyone actually coming to this?:
Attending so far:
1. Grishnakh
2. Son of Grishnak
3. Krysto2002
4. Mogrebla5
5. Sir Dendrick

Post here and let us know asap if anyone else would like to attend so I can reserve the table space and figure out the number of maps we'll need.

And if you have any questions let me know. Also, if your interested in the Long island Heroscape League PM me. We meet once a month to game 'Scape.

Did I mention I except large bills?

From Nassau and points west:**The LIE (495), Southern State Parkway, and Northern State Parkway, as well as several surface streets can be used to reach the Seaford - Oyster Bay Expressway.* Take the Seaford - Oyster Bay Expressway (135) to Old Country Road.* Proceed East on Old Country Road for approx. 4/5 mile.* Plainview Commons will be on your right, withQuiznos*and*Cravings Gourmet Restaurant.

From Suffolk and points east:* Take the LIE (495) west to exit 48, which is Round Swamp Road.* Make a left onto Round Swamp Road, and bear right onto Old Country Road.* Proceed West on Old Country Road for approx. 1 mile.* Plainview Commons will be on your left with*Cravings Gourmet Restaurant*and*Quiznos.

Last edited by Grishnakh; October 15th, 2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old September 21st, 2010, 02:30 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker
Re: NHSD Long Island - Oct 16th

Woohoo, I'm in! I tried the warforged recently and they are definitely coming with me, their ability to pull figures farther away means they can (and have) dragged figures off height, away from Raelin and into the remainder of the swarm.

If you guys don't already have prizes and such, I have 2 spare packs D2 I can throw in.

See you there.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old September 21st, 2010, 04:14 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
Woohoo, I'm in! I tried the warforged recently and they are definitely coming with me, their ability to pull figures farther away means they can (and have) dragged figures off height, away from Raelin and into the remainder of the swarm.

If you guys don't already have prizes and such, I have 2 spare packs D2 I can throw in.

See you there.
Great! The Warforged are pretty cool!

And thanks for the offer of prize support. Even though this isn't a typical tournament format we might decide to offer prizes after all. I'll let you know. If not our full blown tournament (IslandScape) is held in the summer. We always have a pretty full prize table for that. Perhaps you can hold your spare D2 packs until then?
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:30 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post

See you there.
Great! The Warforged are pretty cool!

And thanks for the offer of prize support. Even though this isn't a typical tournament format we might decide to offer prizes after all. I'll let you know. If not our full blown tournament (IslandScape) is held in the summer. We always have a pretty full prize table for that. Perhaps you can hold your spare D2 packs until then?
Wow, that's some wait... if it comes to that, by then I;ll have 2 spare of D3 and D4 (?) and whatever comes next... even if we don't host prizes, the packs will probably accompany me to the game.
See everyone there!

Old September 24th, 2010, 12:58 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sign me up!

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Sign me up!
Great! I've added you to the list!
Old October 2nd, 2010, 04:07 PM
Titleless

Update, due to an unforeseen conflict we just had two people drop out. That still leaves us with 6 though! We'll have a guaranteed good time!
Old October 15th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Titleless

Just to let everyone know we are currently down to signed up 5 attendees. If you signed up and can not make it please let me know as soon as possible.

We are still running this. In fact we are really looking forward to it. I'm bringing 5, pre-made armies with me in hopes that we can interest some people at the game store to give Heroscape a try.

I'm also bringing a total of four maps so we can accommodate up to 8 people.

There is a dungeon map, a lava map, a jungle map and a castle map. The first two are fairly flat maps, great for guns. The jungle map is very narrow with tons of cover. It will be a difficult map to play on if you rely heavily on ranged weapons. The castle is a ruined gatehouse/bridge over a frozen river. Lots of vertical height, good for flyers.

Looking forward to a great, fun day of gaming! See everyone tomorrow.

Last edited by Grishnakh; October 15th, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old October 15th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Fully Baked

Awesome, I'll be there, and I'll bring a decent selection with me just in case. Can't wait to get back to gaming, I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms already...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day