Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 5th, 2006, 10:58 PM

Smeagol10041 has disabled reputation
Map of Valhalla

Has anyone here tried to make a map of valhalla on paper?

Smell my feet. Smell my feet. Smell my feet...
I'm a proud member of TRAP...
Make me mad and feel the wrath of a thosand smiles on your thread
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:37 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Re: Map of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagol10041
Has anyone here tried to make a map of valhalla on paper?
It was rumored Hasbro might give us one at some point, but it never materialized. Check out the Unofficial Guide to Heroscape in the downloads section and Homepage, it has detailed sections describing the various lands.

I will take a stab at it some day, but perhaps some budding cartographers out there can tackle it. I don't think we can get a full map yet, but some major areas can be done.
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I make maps for a living. If someone can supply me the info I can make it happen.

Old September 6th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
I make maps for a living. If someone can supply me the info I can make it happen.
Wow, that is one great coincidence. We'll have to work on this.

The Guide info gives some direction in terms of what is where in relation to some locations, but we are not talking Tolkien level detail here, so there will have to be a lot of extrapolation.

Of course, the bad part is that you may think you have it right and suddenly some new release comes out and the background fluff destroys your assumption of what goes where by adding something in between!

So, you'll get the best map once Hasbro has finished releasing everything they are going to for the game, but it will be fun to see how much can be mapped at this point. There won't be any new terrain coming out until next year anyway.
Old September 6th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You would be the one to put it to pencil and paper O Keeper of the Unofficial Guide.

When you do, let me know.

Old September 6th, 2006, 05:17 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
I'd considered making a hand-drawn map in the style of Lord of the Rings but later read Hasbro intended to release a map and figured it couldn't take THAT long before it came out...

I stand corrected.

I have faith in the Annerios-MW team though so now I'll sit back and wait for their map. Much easier than drawing my own =P

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old September 6th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

I also have access to a plotter that can print up to 60" wide and as long as you want.

Old September 6th, 2006, 05:58 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Didn't someone make a version when there was that build maps of the different worlds thing?!
Old September 7th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

I vaguely remember that...

Old September 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
well, Hasbro beat you guys to the punch

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=2557
Old September 7th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

I'm glad. Now all I have to do is print it on my plotter....which I am doing right now. I've started out with a mid range size (28 x 44) we'll see how it looks shortly.

Old September 7th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Now I have to choose between the map and the animated one for my background. *pout*

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion