Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 6th, 2022, 04:16 PM

Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Hasbro Europe just opened up the haslab for Europe!
299.99 Euros but free shipping, so price is a little bit higher than in the US. But still vastly better than paying customs.
Old October 6th, 2022, 04:18 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
You can be a hero, or a pacifist, but you cannot be both....

My world no longer needs a scholar or a historian. It needs a hero.
I really hate this part because I disagree with it so much. Pacifists, scholars, and historians can be heroes.
Ditto. However, I disliked the passive tone of Thormun's original journal post, that he was letting things happen around him.

Now he's decided to get off his butt and fight for change. I wholeheartedly endorse this.
Old October 6th, 2022, 04:33 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I really hate this part because I disagree with it so much. Pacifists, scholars, and historians can be heroes.
Ditto. However, I disliked the passive tone of Thormun's original journal post, that he was letting things happen around him.

Now he's decided to get off his butt and fight for change. I wholeheartedly endorse this.

I think the word 'warrior' should have been used instead to get across the point better, since what he was really referring to was transitioning to fighting
Old October 6th, 2022, 04:46 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

Ghandi hasn't been summoned to Valhalla yet. He's coming in Wave 2.
Old October 6th, 2022, 05:08 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For what it's worth, he has fought before. Chapter 29, against Shades of Bleakwoode, with a hammer.
Old October 6th, 2022, 05:20 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chlorophyllic View Post
Hasbro Europe just opened up the haslab for Europe!
299.99 Euros but free shipping, so price is a little bit higher than in the US. But still vastly better than paying customs.
Still not shipping to France, though, where I know we have Scapers. If @DanieLoche or others need assistance, I can ship from Germany. I'm probably the closest.

And my offer posted elsewhere still stands - if someone in Europe wants painted figures, I will paint in exchange for a set of figures+cards. Send me the figures or even order to me and I send you 2 sets of terrain and 1 set of painted figures.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 6th, 2022, 06:03 PM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtato View Post
As much as smaller offerings would’ve been beneficial on the consumer end, that’s not what the campaign is about. It’s about probing overall interest in an ongoing relaunch, where we’re inevitably going to get the smaller offerings so many people are itching for right now, but if it doesn’t fund, there will be no offerings, large or small.
To be more technical, the campaign is about probing interest in a $250 set of figures and terrain. I don't honestly think a $250 bundle would sell well on the shelves of Target, so it's fairly miraculous IMO that it's sold over 1800 copies already in this form.

I think this IP is plenty viable. I question its viability in this form. The campaign will show if I'm right or wrong in doing so.

I have very little experience with crowdfunding campaigns in general, and even less experience with HasLab specifically, but in my limited experience, crowdfunding campaigns are usually a little less expensive than their final retail product, and I always just chalked that up to the difference between buying direct from the manufacturer, and buying from a retail store playing middleman. That being said, I don’t agree with it being about probing interest in specifically a $250 jumping off point, because I don’t realistically see it being offered at the retail stage as a single comprehensive set like it is now. I think it’s retail equivalent will be the smaller offerings people are asking for, and the final cost to buy everything individually at retail pricing that backers are getting will be over $300 easily. It just needs enough backers to get to the point of production so that it can be broken into smaller, individual offerings.
Old October 6th, 2022, 06:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
As much as smaller offerings would’ve been beneficial on the consumer end, that’s not what the campaign is about. It’s about probing overall interest in an ongoing relaunch, where we’re inevitably going to get the smaller offerings so many people are itching for right now, but if it doesn’t fund, there will be no offerings, large or small.
To be more technical, the campaign is about probing interest in a $250 set of figures and terrain. I don't honestly think a $250 bundle would sell well on the shelves of Target, so it's fairly miraculous IMO that it's sold over 1800 copies already in this form.

I think this IP is plenty viable. I question its viability in this form. The campaign will show if I'm right or wrong in doing so.

I have very little experience with crowdfunding campaigns in general, and even less experience with HasLab specifically, but in my limited experience, crowdfunding campaigns are usually a little less expensive than their final retail product, and I always just chalked that up to the difference between buying direct from the manufacturer, and buying from a retail store playing middleman. That being said, I don’t agree with it being about probing interest in specifically a $250 jumping off point, because I don’t realistically see it being offered at the retail stage as a single comprehensive set like it is now. I think it’s retail equivalent will be the smaller offerings people are asking for, and the final cost to buy everything individually at retail pricing that backers are getting will be over $300 easily. It just needs enough backers to get to the point of production so that it can be broken into smaller, individual offerings.
You're kind of making my point for me while also missing it.

The only information this really gives Hasbro is whether this product is viable in a $250 bulk purchase (largely marketed to preexisting players) or not.

I'm not sure that information is terribly valuable or says much about the viability of the product, since that's not how it's likely to be sold after it's funded.

So it seems really weird that they're tying their hands behind their backs in terms of raising funds now only to gather market information that's ultimately irrelevant.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 6th, 2022, 06:18 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I'm really surprised they haven never tried to market the terrain by its self. There has to be a huge market that's untapped because it always comes with a game people might not be interested in.

If you could buy HS terrain alone, it would probably be the industry standard for gaming for the foreseeable future, to the point where other manufacturers forego making terrain for their games and intend for you to just go buy Hasbro's.
Old October 6th, 2022, 06:40 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, that line rubbed me the wrong way too when I heard it. I mean, I know it's just a line in a commercial for a toyetic wargame, but c'mon, even GI Joe had pacifists on the team, and that was in the 1980s. Not to mention that Heroscape's most powerful hero, Raelin, is essentially a pacifist.
Old October 6th, 2022, 06:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

My thoughts exactly.
If people want terrain, give them terrain.
Old October 6th, 2022, 07:31 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, that line rubbed me the wrong way too when I heard it. I mean, I know it's just a line in a commercial for a toyetic wargame, but c'mon, even GI Joe had pacifists on the team, and that was in the 1980s. Not to mention that Heroscape's most powerful hero, Raelin, is essentially a pacifist.
She may have been a pacifist but...she's evil now!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 6th, 2022 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Edit snipped to prevent fights.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion